Live 4.0 with UC33e Controller

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
camsmush

Live 4.0 with UC33e Controller

Post by camsmush » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:45 am

I am struggling with the midi with Live.04 I have a Evolution midi Keyboard (usb) & a UC33 (usb) and i would like to know how to use my keyboard will at the same time being able to use my Uc33 to control the main mixer channel.

If some could tell me what config. I need to use.
I have tried to use the manual to help me but with little success .
Many Thanks. 8O

robin

Post by robin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:17 am

i have a very similar request for info.

i have a uc17 x-session and have just bought a, yet to arrive, uc33.

i'm assuming that i plug them both into the usb ports on my powerbook and configuring in live is a breeze?

i'd rather not use midi to connect them as i'd need a powersupply

ta, and sorry for half hi-jacking the thread camsmush

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:41 am

Camsmuch,

Do you have two (or more) USB ports? Well then, no problemo! Plug 'em!

If you want to use them both for remote control (the UC for mixer parameters and the Evolution for triggering scenes/clips) goto Options-Preferences-Midi/Sync and pick them from the drop-down menu under "Remote control". Done. Finito. Go play!

If you'd like to use the Evolution to play (soft)synths - goto your midi track and pick it from the drop-down menu "Midi from". Jausa!

Robin,

Configuring IS a breeze! Look above...

woolven

Post by woolven » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:09 pm

is any UC users using the Enigma 1.0?
If you where tweeking Live then call up a softsynth, will UC switch between them, does the Enigma software control this. also could i save presets of free vsti's into Enigma.

manythanks :)

matteo

Post by matteo » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:07 am

HEy gUyS!

I have Live 4 UC33e And Evolution MK-461c and I tried to connect them UC on one USB channel and Evolution Synth On other. Many laptops have only two USB ins so I upgarded with USB interface for my cordless Mouse. But If you wanna connect any controller on Interface it Won't works. Why I don't know. I just try it and Didn't work :(

How you explained that only way would be that UC-33e would be used like controller for mixer and Synth for play clips. This is the best way I explorated till now.

Best, Dj Matteo aka Crazy Nuts 8)