bad Bad IDEA FROM ABLETON

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
REIGISTERED FORUM!!!

bad Bad IDEA FROM ABLETON

Post by REIGISTERED FORUM!!! » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:02 pm

Thw introdutcion of a registered only users forum is a very bad idea in my ipionion. My reasons have nothing to do wth users that use cracked copies posting on the forum. sometimes I post under a guest alais because the subljetc may be controversial and I simply dont wnat to make any enemies which if did happen then I would stop posting.

I like the fact that nayone can post here wheteher they are a live user or not. Of ocurse there are shytsers who dont use Live and have no intersest in music and simply post for attention purposes.

Live is and original and unique application....Just likr thr forum.

The incentive for non Live users to go through the process of registering etc etc is simply to much hassle. There are so many forums I have havent joined because of this. Proppeler heads is one exampke. I wanted to ask one simple question but had to go through the same old crap, and i nown refuse to sign up to forums unless I have the software or am really interested in buying it.....

Ableton, you are making a BIG mistake with this decison. I know thisv thread wont change your decison but just watch how much your atcivity on this forums drops when its a registered only forum. which also means a drop in sales and hype on other forums....which in turn means extra sales

I promise youj this is a big , bad mistake and I will bet you any amount of money you will have less live users because of this.

Of course I realise its frustrating when obvious cracked users are posting, but aregistered forum can very often be very clinical. Just check Digidesign, and Sonik Matter (The Logic forum). Its the same old miserable faces posting the same old crap over and over again.

Your software is original, just like your forum. DONT turn in to a corporaitve bullshit company. We can all see through that eventually.........

Nuff Said

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:06 pm

REEEELLLLAAAAAAXXXXX

It wont be a registered USERS forum,
you will only need to be registered IN THE FORUM.

let me dumb it down a little more.. you wont have to own Live to use the forum.

you can register in the forum now, its very easy - all you need is a valid email address.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:15 pm

AdamJay wrote:REEEELLLLAAAAAAXXXXX

It wont be a registered USERS forum,
you will only need to be registered IN THE FORUM.

let me dumb it down a little more.. you wont have to own Live to use the forum.

you can register in the forum now, its very easy - all you need is a valid email address.
Listen dumbass, let mne dunmb it down for you a little. THE VERY GAFCT THE ONE CAN POST WHETHER THEY OWN LIV EOR NOT IS..........THE ESSENTAIL AND ATTRACTIVE PART OF POSTING IN THIS FORUM.

MANY MANY PT's users have posted here under guest names uncluding me. I simply couldnt be arsed if I had to register

Do you ghet my point DUMBO???

Anyway, lets see what happens

Mark my words

Resgisetred forums means s a drop in 50 % of posts....Which mean 50% less interest in teh software.

Its logical matey

Thanks
:)

Ps
The fact that I cna be conforntational with you, is exactky on eof my points. I hope get you get my point.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:20 pm

no offense man, but i can't understand what you're saying - do you have some of your fingers tied together when you're typing?

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:21 pm

so in otherwords, your too much of a pussy to have conviction for the things you say in "controversial" topics. is that what you are trying to say?

have some balls, ANY AND EVERYTHING YOU SAY should have your name next to it. If it doesn't, you shouldn't be saying it in the first place.

you don't want to make enemies? get some fucking balls. stop hiding behind the cloak of the internet.

SINCERELY,
ADAM JAY

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:31 pm

Yep, I've got to second that. Stick your identity where your mouth is.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:36 pm

AdamJay wrote:so in otherwords, your too much of a pussy to have conviction for the things you say in "controversial" topics. is that what you are trying to say?

have some balls, ANY AND EVERYTHING YOU SAY should have your name next to it. If it doesn't, you shouldn't be saying it in the first place.

you don't want to make enemies? get some fucking balls. stop hiding behind the cloak of the internet.

SINCERELY,
ADAM JAY
MAybe the fact Im known in the industry has something to do with it.. Once you get to my level you might understand........

But I still maintain whether you are known or not. Abletons forum is good, but now they are simply going toi change lik eevry other forum out there (except a a few cool ones who have have intelligent people and can spot trollers instantly)

Remember abletons forum is not looking for advertising revenue which is an important part of many forums whether musiic, art, politic etc. RARELY do I see a post on this forum that doesnt have something to do wth Ableton Live. NOW that is something original on a non required registered forum.

BUT...Ableton are now becomeing a corporate emtity. They are going to play ball like the big guys.....and that is a bad thing. Not a disaster as the software is excellent. But their freedom of speech on their forums is actually one of the things that ttracted me to Ableton LIve

This has nothing to do with ballsssssss. It has evrything to do with freedom of speech. I just thought petrhaps the Germans had learned something from their past...Seems not

Anyway, Live is an excellent appplication but this is a sign of things to come

mark my words

Peace
:)

LoopyFruit

Post by LoopyFruit » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:38 pm

Anonymous wrote:no offense man, but i can't understand what you're saying - do you have some of your fingers tied together when you're typing?

I unedrsotod him OK

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:44 pm

LOL, "known in the industry".

I've been around the block bro, my morals and values in the things i say are more important than my "career". I make a living writing and performing music, and if the things i say sway my so called success in any way, so be it. All roads leave to the Grave.

You want to talk about the negatives of becoming corporate , but want to protect your place in the "industry".

Freedom of speech hasn't a damn thing to do with obscurity. In fact it means you can say whatever the hell you want - and divulge your identity - FREELY!

This has everything to do with having balls. You have none, as evident by the fact you dare not reveal yourself on controversial subjects as it may damage your reputation in the industry. *Laugh* This is exactly what having guts and conviction is all about, beleiving in what you say so much that you care little of the reprocussions.

you are a coward.

generic

Post by generic » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:15 am

he's even posting this as a guest, is the "live users only" forum a taboo subject?

later
e
powerbook G4 667mhz 768mb of ram
mac os10.2.8
digidesign m-box
live4.0.1 reason2.5 protools6.1.2

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:24 am

Uhhhhm, i still don't think he gets the point. YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO OWN LIVE TO POST ON THIS FORUM! You just have to register. And if you are too pussy to say something under your own name, just register an alias, ok?

I, however am not afraid of offending anyone with an opinion. I could fucking care less. However, i would like it if someone had to take the time to register to the forum before posting so that any fuck wit can't just blaze in here and post a string of complete bullshit. If they have to take a second to register they probably won't bother.

-muffin
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:29 am

great thread :)

siddhu

Go easy on our famous "Guest"

Post by siddhu » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:44 am

Go easy on the our world famous "Guest" who needs to remain anonymous as obviously:

1) He's just learning to read as he can't seem to understand that the forum is open to all (you just have to register, not own Live),

and

2) He's just learning how to spell. Maybe someone should show him how to spell check or use a dictionary.

And I agree with
i would like it if someone had to take the time to register to the forum before posting so that any fuck wit can't just blaze in here and post a string of complete bullshit. If they have to take a second to register they probably won't bother.

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:53 am

All you guest wannabes can lick my fucking scrotum!! Get some fucking integrity into your bones!

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:10 am

Amberience wrote:All you guest wannabes can lick my fucking scrotum!!

:x Ugh! What a horrible thought! Especially after sitting for hours on end in a computer chair, that's disgusting. you get that awful nut sweat that smells like freshly opened, plastic packed ham.