MIDI Sync not working (Live 7.0.1)

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
fzero

MIDI Sync not working (Live 7.0.1)

Post by fzero » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:03 pm

It's simple as that: synchronizing two computers running Live 7.0.1 doesn't work. I've used this before with previous Live versions and it worked perfectly, now it doesn't.

The MIDI sync is actually detected by Live (the corresponding "LEDs" blink accordingly), but pressing play on the MIDI master computer doesn't make the MIDI slave play. Furthermore, when I turn the sync off, the slave computer stays locked and won't play unless I restart Live.

I became aware of this problem while I was teaching my Ableton Live class. Imagine what my face looked like when I said "oops, I think we've just found a bug!".

:roll:

I tried this at home too. My hardware configs are on the sig.

zstowasser

Post by zstowasser » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:39 am

hmm. I just got my first hardware synth and I notice the midi notes 'swing' back and forth off the grid.. wondering if this is normal. or is it live 7 or the synth fucking up?
Zachary Stowasser & Stillwater Records - www.stillwaterrecords.com - www.myspace.com/zstowasser - feel good electronica - Info Patriots - sharing the truth - www.infopatriots.org

violetpow1

Post by violetpow1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:30 am

I found out, that Live 7 sends the double midi clock tempo compared to the song tempo. I wont sync Live 7 to an external effekt and that shows me the double song tempo.
I guess that the reason.
Its a bug.

lukas412

Post by lukas412 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:59 am

i have no problems synching 7.0.1 as master or slave with hardware or another laptop. had a laptop with fast track pro and a laptop with a firebox locked up nicely for over two hours the other night.

luke

tricil

Post by tricil » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:41 am

violetpow1 wrote:I found out, that Live 7 sends the double midi clock tempo compared to the song tempo. I wont sync Live 7 to an external effekt and that shows me the double song tempo.
I guess that the reason.
Its a bug.
you wouldn't happen to be using a remote SL would you?
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

thehumanmetronome

Post by thehumanmetronome » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:02 am

Wow this totally answered my question.....I had started a topic on this in the general section. I'm trying to slave Live 7 to Pro Tools 7.3.1 with Midi Time Code. Live chases the wrong beat......it's like it chases the eighth note after the first quarter so everything ends up on the "ands". So it's a freaking bug huh?

thehumanmetronome

Post by thehumanmetronome » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:31 am

Is anybody checking this?????????????????????????