Go out and vote

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:29 am

Tone Deft wrote:just cause you weren't paying attention doesn't mean he was a good president. what an idiot!!
Thanks for that. I love you too. :lol: :D

I was like 10 years old when Reagan was president. Sorry I wasn't digging up this information at the time in between trips to the dirt pile to play with my matchbox cars. :)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:32 am

Reagan gets under my skin, we had a little party when he died. he's the martyr for the genuine asshole GOP party members, can't stand the guy and the people who still celebrate him as the greatest president ever. had to love the last GOP debate when the candidates kept saying they were the new Reagan. fuck, Reagan had full blown Altzheiner's the day he was out of office, did it ever occur to these people that Reagan was fully OFF his rocker while IN office? during the Iran Contra hearings all he could say was "I don't recall" to the questions, I half believe he couldn't recall, he was a walking vegetable.

/end rant.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:50 am

djadonis206 wrote: it's nice to pretend to be doing something than doing nothing at all
no it isnt.
that is the reason Americans are often seen as pieces of shit around the world.

because thats the attitude that got the Germans in trouble with Adolph... and Australians with that little c*nt John Howard.

But props to you for sharing Adonis. information is power.

If everyone could vote online during the All-Star Game and Superbowl I bet things would be a little different to that Florida thing... :lol:
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:01 am

BinaryB wrote:If everyone could vote online during the All-Star Game and Superbowl I bet things would be a little different to that Florida thing... :lol:
NOoooo! Keep them there apes distracted, watching their football games. :lol: Then hopefully they don't have the memory or energy to waddle away from the deep dish pizza n' wings out to their pickup trucks (w/gun rack) to the primaries.

Hopefully you're not saying that better candidates will be elected once football fanatics' voting participation is up. 8O
Last edited by icedsushi on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

the ar

Post by the ar » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:04 am

pixelbox wrote: It's true. It varies from state to state, but many states hold that with a felony conviction on your criminal record, you cannot vote.

Personally, I disagree with this law.
I disagree too.
Sadly enough that is a douchebag and totally anti democratic law.

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:25 am

icedsushi wrote: Hopefully you're not saying that better candidates will be elected once football fanatics' voting participation is up. 8O
Um. NO.NO.NO.

But even even if i did ... that statement is not as stupid as the crap you are dribbling about Raygun.

Its just about more people voting.
And F*ckyou for implying that people who like sport are stupid.

Its just a game and it is FUN. It is human interaction, and that too, is often FUN.

You sound like the f*ckwits who ignore me and give me dirty looks before i get up and rock the party... all because i dont have cool faShun, dreads or a nose-ring.

F*CK'N CHUMPS.
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:21 pm

People always get heated up about politics and sports. Sometimes those subjects are best avoided. :wink:

Anyway, it's just a stereotype intended as a joke towards the stereotype, not "all sports fans". Why be so serious? Sheesh, you can't make a joke about virtually anything these days without offending someone. What if I had described a stereotype of a bunch of computer users being geeks. You assume that I think ALL computer users are geeks. And you use a computer so you think I've lumped you in with all the geeks. So you're offended again?

You've made some wide sweeping assumptions there yourself. You've already lumped me in with all the people who give you dirty looks at the clubs if you're not trendy looking or whatever. Now I'm offended too! Not. :wink:

And I never said Reagan was a good president, or "dribbled" on and on about him being great. I just said (likely based on not enough information at the time) I didn't think he was all that bad, and people pointed out why he was. That was it, I didn't endorse him or dribble on. Which as others have pointed out, I don't know all the facts about him. I'm not here to debate about or endorse Reagan and I didn't vote for him. Why flame someone for not knowing everything about a subject after they have already admitted it. We don't flame someone on the forum if they're not an expert on Live. Why flame them if they're not an expert on history of Reagan?

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:55 pm

[rant = binaryb]
icedsushi wrote:I'm not here to debate about or endorse Reagan

But you did defend him... which endorses him.
icedsushi wrote: Why flame someone for not knowing everything about a subject after they have already admitted it.
Um... you didnt put it nicely like that. I remember some sarcastic comments - sumfin about sandpits n trucks alluding to the childish nature of someone...
icedsushi wrote: We don't flame someone on the forum if they're not an expert on Live. Why flame them if they're not an expert on history of Reagan?
Please dont deny your sarcastic flaming... AND Politix = Ableton Live... is not a logical comparison.

But you are right. It is not a good idea to continue this way.

:oops:

[/end rant.]
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:16 pm

icedsushi wrote: You've made some wide sweeping assumptions there yourself. You've already lumped me in with all the people who give you dirty looks at the clubs if you're not trendy looking or whatever. Now I'm offended too! Not. :wink:
It became a bit of a joke like the uber-geek emo outfits.

Sometimes i would come along wearing my old school sports top or a Basketball/Football T-Shirt and notice how i was treated by a lot of people. Mainly the hipstars/scenestars who were trying to schmooze n network themselves by belittling people to elevate their own sense of importance in "the scene". It worked best and was extra funny when I was flown interstate.

Then when I got up and rocked the party you could watch them freak out as they would try and backtrack about all the sarcastic comments they made... instead of just enjoying the music and the party.

It was best when they could have a laugh about it with us... and I made some new friends that way. :lol:
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:50 pm

I sort of remember Reagan.

Just say no to drugs
some wall came down
the cold war
Iran / Contra thing
his funeral
yuppies
etc
etc

That one TV show L.A. Law -
Ableton | Elektron

Music

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:49 pm

BinaryB wrote:
icedsushi wrote: Why flame someone for not knowing everything about a subject after they have already admitted it.
Um... you didnt put it nicely like that. I remember some sarcastic comments - sumfin about sandpits n trucks alluding to the childish nature of someone...
Woah there down boy. Um I think you read into my comment too much there man. :lol:

The "playing with matchbox cars at the dirt pile" was what I did as a kid. It was a way of showing how young I was when Reagan was president. And how much detailed info about Reagan could I absorb while I was 10 years old at the time was the point. So if you want to think I'm childish for what I did in my childhood you're welcome to go ahead and think so. :wink:

See Adonis's memory of Reagan above ^. That's sorta how it was for me.

lesterdiamond

Post by lesterdiamond » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:10 pm

I don't have very much faith in politics but I am going to vote anyway.

I'd hope that someone like Ron Paul would have the capability to win the presidency, anyone that is not allowed on fox news is worth voting for IMO

glu

Post by glu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:31 pm

lesterdiamond wrote:I don't have very much faith in politics but I am going to vote anyway.

I'd hope that someone like Ron Paul would have the capability to win the presidency, anyone that is not allowed on fox news is worth voting for IMO
RP doesn't stand a chance, never did.

The table is rigged folks, it's been proven time and time again.

How many documented instances of likely election fraud have surfaced over this year's primary season so far?
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:35 pm

You aint admitted you said stupid stuff... Logical people dont talk about history then claim that "I was too young to understand it." :lol:

Its all good baby chill out. :roll:
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:45 pm

glu wrote:

How many documented instances of likely election fraud have surfaced over this year's primary season so far?
Just follow the money...
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset