my rant about timbaland

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:55 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:i don't give a shit what kind of person he is.

i'm a cunt too.

look, i don't deny that whole situation is fucked up, but people here aren't just talking about that. a lot of them don't realize this cat blows them out of the fucking water as an electronic musician. asshole or not. and what the fuck ever, i'll say it again, there are a shit-ton of electronic musicians stealing samples every fucking day. and those tracks get club play and people are like, "wow!" when it has the fucking billie jean bassline underneath. Fuck you fucking hypocrites.

another horrible beat from the 90's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhDLuXj ... re=related

what ever.

.lm.
:lol:

fuckin fanatic.

At the end of the day, all that matters is
a] no one spends so much as a nickel on these guy's output from now until the day they croak. with any luck timbo will spend his savings on fur coats and sweets before then.
b] they are forever remembered as the greedy whores they are
spreader of butter

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Oh man, this thread is amusing.

Grow up, little boys!

OMFG!!!111!!!!!!1!L0LZ0RZ!!!111!!!1!!
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:48 am

I think everybody forgets that at one point Timbaland was a little interesting. He's a POS now, especially for being a cheap bastard, but he had an interesting sound 6 years ago or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrtDcmFiniw&feature=user

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVMDyJrAyZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS8s0Af4x3w
I agree with this quote so the following isn't directed to you..Machinesworking I think???

All I can say is I've never come across a producer off or on the net who could fuck with "Old Timbaland". The shit he had on Ms. Jade's album like "Dreams" and She's A Gangsta? "Is That Yo Bitch" by Jay? Even Bubba Sparxx, "Ugly"? The old Missy, Ginuwine, and Aaliyah tracks???

Are You That Somebody???????

No really....pun intended...

Are you really THAT SOMEBODY who can honestly say you have the goods to shit on OLD TIMBALAND????

Post proof or shut the fuck up. I admit I'm not cool with Timbo's new sound...well it's not really even HIS SOUND...

Although he and Danja tore a new asshole open in R&B/pop with "My Love" There's absolutely no way you can listen to that song and not be somewhat amazed at the production.
Whatever Doesn't Kill You, Only Makes You Stranger.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:58 am

I have his new album - it's garbage...there's a couple good songs on there but it's pretty much garbage [delete to make room for more gangsta rap]

his old shit was second to none, easy. It was fresh, new and exciting!

as far as what kind of person he is? meh, I bet if you dug deep enough into your favorite artist right now you'd find something to hate on him or her about - people are people no matter what kind of materialistic fortune they've acquired.

no ones perfect - wait till one of you wanksters goes platinum ;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:42 am

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:58 am

in front of a crowd that included Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Ludacris.

How dare he! I hope Paris is ok
Ableton | Elektron

Music

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:10 am

Sleep Tyght wrote:

I think everybody forgets that at one point Timbaland was a little interesting. He's a POS now, especially for being a cheap bastard, but he had an interesting sound 6 years ago or so.

I agree with this quote so the following isn't directed to you..Machinesworking I think???

All I can say is I've never come across a producer off or on the net who could fuck with "Old Timbaland". The shit he had on Ms. Jade's album like "Dreams" and She's A Gangsta? "Is That Yo Bitch" by Jay? Even Bubba Sparxx, "Ugly"? The old Missy, Ginuwine, and Aaliyah tracks???

Are you really THAT SOMEBODY who can honestly say you have the goods to shit on OLD TIMBALAND????

Post proof or shut the fuck up. I admit I'm not cool with Timbo's new sound...well it's not really even HIS SOUND...

Although he and Danja tore a new asshole open in R&B/pop with "My Love" There's absolutely no way you can listen to that song and not be somewhat amazed at the production.
thats all well and good.... assuming that he didnt rip that shit off too.

swett

Post by swett » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:36 am

john gordon wrote:at least with electro house the producers arent getting paid millions and millions of dollars.im not saying they shouldnt,but house music in general has never gotten the respect it deserves.so much more thought goes into a house,techno,idm songs than most pop music coming out these days.i dont know...timbaland just sounds like his music is made from a fruityloops beginner.ive never heard such bad beats in my life before.does he really take himself seriously and why do all these people want him to produce their stuff.he needs to get a real job....
I didn't read the whole thread, but, John; please, work on your punctuation!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:41 am

djadonis206 wrote:I have his new album - it's garbage...there's a couple good songs on there but it's pretty much garbage [delete to make room for more gangsta rap]

his old shit was second to none, easy. It was fresh, new and exciting!

as far as what kind of person he is? meh, I bet if you dug deep enough into your favorite artist right now you'd find something to hate on him or her about - people are people no matter what kind of materialistic fortune they've acquired.

no ones perfect - wait till one of you wanksters goes platinum ;)
Yeah he had talent, ( one of my favorite producers 6 years ago ) and I think it's obvious now that his talent has run out, he's become a fucking douche.
I don't think it's forgivable to rip off underground artists to remain culturally current, it's not the same as taking a riff from an old record, not in any way.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:58 am

Machinesworking wrote: I don't think it's forgivable to rip off underground artists to remain culturally current, it's not the same as taking a riff from an old record, not in any way.
I highly doubt he's asking anyone for any kind of forgiveness.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:02 am

djadonis206 wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: I don't think it's forgivable to rip off underground artists to remain culturally current, it's not the same as taking a riff from an old record, not in any way.
I highly doubt he's asking anyone for any kind of forgiveness.
true,
if he owned up to his cuntishness and/or asked for forgiveness...he would probably be forgiven.

But alas, all that chicken grease has gone to his fat diamond encrusted head.
spreader of butter

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 pm

ThrowAway wrote:
Sleep Tyght wrote:

thats all well and good.... assuming that he didnt rip that shit off too.

If "rip that shit of too" = "sampling" then for sure he ripped off "Ugly" because I have the sample cd from whence the melody came.

Tim has always been a sample based producer. It's just funny that cats still believe his early music was all synth based.

No worries...Tim just REALLY knew how to flip a good sample....a good obscure sample most definitely. Much different from the what???...Thousands of electronica offerings with "I Have A Dream" bits thrown in?

Daim

Post by Daim » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:10 pm

"That's how you attack a king? You attack moi? Come on, man. You got to come correct."

rofl what a piece of shit

markaugust

Post by markaugust » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:59 pm

* cry me a river
* my love
* are you that somebody

all are, if all taste influenced opinions left aside, to be concidered little masterpieces.
every true engineer or electronical musician will have to agree; or at least to the fact that it is very hard to achieve such a result.
any-one claiming different and that he can make something like that in 5 minutes.
have the fucking balls; and put you money where your mouth is.
I'm waiting with anticipation.
and that is to those beats, not the rants that I am a wanker cauz i like some of timbalands stuff. we know all that.
hard evidence please.

the guy is a master at what he does, no matter if that style is in your liking yes or no.

Nod

Post by Nod » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:17 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:you sir, are a moron.
Sorry? I ask you, quite reasonably, for something to prove your assertion and your first resort is dishing out the insults? C'mon this piss poor hack idol, sorry one of the greatest 'electronic musicians of our time' according to you, has got to have something online other than everybody referring to him as a cunt and a thief surely? I posted a vid of him physically evidencing his 'chops' - your defence is that "it's not his production" - so up the goods you were asked (again politely) to provide to back your assertion.
and i am done posting in this thread or responding to you. write back when you figure out what the fuck electronic music is.
PMSL....what the hell are you? 12 years old? Great to see so called 'musicians' more reliant on social acceptance in a scene, sorry forum, than any form of constructive opinion on physical skills. Where would ya be without some code - pumping gas? :lol: