Go out and vote

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:54 am

Tone Deft wrote:
popslut wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: the way you flame everyone who doesn't think like you...
djadonis206, forge, smutek, hoffman2k, nebulae, ethios4, machinesworking, noisetonepause and many others on here don't think like me - but I don't recall "flaming" any of them.

Just you, TITBAG and Breqs, Tone.

And that cunt ChiDJ.
I think we've all flamed each other at one point, except Adonis, he just gets picked on from time to time.

anyway, this is tedious, I'm just being challenging and will stop.
I try to be like a, Isaac Hayes cool round here.

while he seems like an ok guy on the outside - take note to how he left South Park - a haze of drama

My woman keeps telling me dramatical is not a real word. Mozilla spell check tells me otherwise :roll:

SO!

I'm on the bus headed for schoo' and as much as I LOVE drunk people who sit next to me this one drunk guy gets on. Sits next to me and starts talking to himself.

He's going on and on about how pissed he is and something something something about the last 2 years.

Then he goes, (I'm not kidding you) "It's all good, we'll have Barack Obama as our next president, it's all good!"

I was like word!

now go take a bath and sober up ;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

forge

Post by forge » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:04 am

popslut wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: the way you flame everyone who doesn't think like you...
djadonis206, forge, smutek, hoffman2k, nebulae, ethios4, machinesworking, noisetonepause and many others on here don't think like me - but I don't recall "flaming" any of them.

And that cunt ChiDJ.
actually you quite often make points I totally agree with - you just seem far more resigned to the fact that there is no hope whatsoever while I prefer to have some kind of vague sense that there may actually still be some good in the world

none of the 'it's all rigged and there is nothing any of us can do' thinking is exactly new

forge

Post by forge » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:06 am

djadonis206 wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
popslut wrote: djadonis206, forge, smutek, hoffman2k, nebulae, ethios4, machinesworking, noisetonepause and many others on here don't think like me - but I don't recall "flaming" any of them.

And that cunt ChiDJ.
I think we've all flamed each other at one point, except Adonis, he just gets picked on from time to time.

anyway, this is tedious, I'm just being challenging and will stop.
I try to be like a, Isaac Hayes cool round here.

while he seems like an ok guy on the outside - take note to how he left South Park - a haze of drama

My woman keeps telling me dramatical is not a real word. Mozilla spell check tells me otherwise :roll:

SO!

I'm on the bus headed for schoo' and as much as I LOVE drunk people who sit next to me this one drunk guy gets on. Sits next to me and starts talking to himself.

He's going on and on about how pissed he is and something something something about the last 2 years.

Then he goes, (I'm not kidding you) "It's all good, we'll have Barack Obama as our next president, it's all good!"

I was like word!

now go take a bath and sober up ;)
:lol:

classic

maybe you use dramatical in the wrong context

dcease

Post by dcease » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:12 am

djadonis206 wrote:My woman keeps telling me dramatical is not a real word.
a lot of mc's like to use the word dramatical...

who said it?

and leopard always tells me when i spell wrong, it didn't that time...

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:21 am

smutek wrote:No, I can't. Despite the way it may seem I am not unrealistic. I don't expect to see Buddah or Christ running for president, not that either of them would be electable even if they did.... :-P
Are you sure you mean that? Even with your genuine, innocent choices. Think about that one a sec. The absolute pinnacle, the ultimate epitomy, personification, of "religious" figures running the govt? :lol:

How would the buddhists like it if Christ were in charge? How would the Christians like it if Buddha were in charge? What would would Buddha think if Christ were president? Would they be thought of as "loser" or "winner" by society after the election? Would the other one concede into society or go be a president of another country who had other special interests different than the Christ nation. And vice versa...

Would the nation be further divided into stronger religious groups? How about the Muslims who didn't want to vote for Christ or Buddha because the candidate they wanted wasn't nominated. :wink:

Would religious beliefs take a stronger role in differences between people? Would there be riots or killings by people who opposed or didn't want to follow the indisputable/"official"(?) religion of the country? How about those who didn't believe that "president Christ" was actually the "real" Christ and protested against him. The real Christ would be OK with that, and love everybody, but how about everyone else. Would they be offended or attack and try to silence the protesters? Would there be more religious fundamentalists and extremists or less? Would that be a good thing?

Would the first amendment be abolished? Church and state become one? :wink:

Are you sure even your top two choices would make good presidents, or could with the purest of the pure in office, could it turn out being the law of unintended circumstances? :wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:45 am

dcease wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:My woman keeps telling me dramatical is not a real word.
a lot of mc's like to use the word dramatical...
when some clown jumps up to get beat down
broken down to his very last compound
see how it sounds, a little irrational
a lot of mcs like to use the word dramatical

fresh for '88 you suckers!!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

dcease

Post by dcease » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:51 am

hellz yeah mofo's. respect your elders=)

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:04 am

icedsushi wrote:
smutek wrote:No, I can't. Despite the way it may seem I am not unrealistic. I don't expect to see Buddah or Christ running for president, not that either of them would be electable even if they did.... :-P
Are you sure you mean that? Even with your genuine, innocent choices. Think about that one a sec. The absolute pinnacle, the ultimate epitomy, personification, of "religious" figures running the govt? :lol:

How would the buddhists like it if Christ were in charge? How would the Christians like it if Buddha were in charge? What would would Buddha think if Christ were president? Would they be thought of as "loser" or "winner" by society after the election? Would the other one concede into society or go be a president of another country who had other special interests different than the Christ nation. And vice versa...

Would the nation be further divided into stronger religious groups? How about the Muslims who didn't want to vote for Christ or Buddha because the candidate they wanted wasn't nominated. :wink:

Would religious beliefs take a stronger role in differences between people? Would there be riots or killings by people who opposed or didn't want to follow the indisputable/"official"(?) religion of the country? How about those who didn't believe that "president Christ" was actually the "real" Christ and protested against him. The real Christ would be OK with that, and love everybody, but how about everyone else. Would they be offended or attack and try to silence the protesters? Would there be more religious fundamentalists and extremists or less? Would that be a good thing?

Would the first amendment be abolished? Church and state become one? :wink:

Are you sure even your top two choices would make good presidents, or could with the purest of the pure in office, could it turn out being the law of unintended circumstances? :wink:
No, I didn't for a moment say they were my top two choices, they were only chosen for the sake of the example.

Ok, try to follow what I am saying here.

First a friendly disclaimer: I am not a religious man.

Now.....

Let's use Christ as the example. Let's say Christ were alive and running for office as president. Assume also nobody knows who he is, he's using the alias, say..... Simon Klausinski.

Now, for this example let's take away all of the religious dogma associated with the christ figure and look at him as christ the man, what he stood for, the same as we would look in retrospect upon Martin Luther King or Ghandi, not as a deity but as an influential, remarkable social activist. This is the christ of our example. No religious dogma attached.

We are going to say that based on his overwhelming charisma and skills at public speaking Simon Klausinski has amassed quite a following over his years of activism.

Simon Klausinski, our christ in polaks clothing, is an anti-establishment activist who teaches and spreads a message of non-violent resistance based in the most basic underlying codes of human moral decency. Love thy neighbor, do unto others, peace, equality, fairness, etc. etc.

We are going to also assume, perhaps most importantly, that while he is not perfect, our Simon Klausinski is genuine.

By definition he stands for the exact opposite of what the establishment stands for. It follows that as a result he would be completely unelectable. Could you see him schmoozing up to big pharma, or the insurance lobby, the tobacco industry, the military industrial complex, AIPAC? Could you see him pledging to send troops into Iran?

Don't get confused now, I'm not talking about the Jerry Falwell's of the world, I'm talking about something entirely different. (for this example to work you have to understand that)

He would be constantly slandered by the media or would get little to no air time. He'd be viewed as a threat to establishment figures and would probably be arrested on trumped up charges, terrorism related most likely. He'd probably just be straight out assassinated, like Ghandi and Dr. King were. Actually, like christ was.

Anyway, I'm not looking for a Simon Klausinski, or Christ or Buddha. I think I've made that abundantly clear though......

So that was kind of my rationale behind my selections. Sort of.... basically the point is that if you look at christ in the context of what his life was supposed to have stood for and the events that befell him you'll see that he clearly would not be an electable person. He'd most likely be rendered on a CIA jet and flown to a dungeon in uzbekistan to be water boarded or boiled alive.

Yeah....

I'm supposed to be doing homework man.

:?

forge

Post by forge » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:25 am

smutek wrote:...
good analogy...but what if by not voting you are allowing Pilate or Herod into power instead?

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:42 am

forge wrote:
good analogy...but what if by not voting you are allowing Pilate or Herod into power instead?
What if your only choices were Nero or Nero?

forge

Post by forge » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:29 am

smutek wrote:
forge wrote:
then we'd be making a lot of CD-Rs!

[/brrrrm ching!]

I think Obama would try and minimise death and destruction a lot more than the other lot

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:32 am

smutek wrote:
forge wrote:
No such thing as two identical (groups of) people who would do the exact same thing in every scenario across the entire length of a presidency (administration). It's an overgeneralization.

And as you've already pointed out in the Stephen Zunes article, small differences in views between the two choices could add up to a lot as future events unfold and each event adds a small momentum to the next one. Like a snowball effect. It can start out as a small difference and when applied to each scenario over the years which ultimately affects the next scenario, you end up suddenly with this huge difference that wasn't so obvious from the start.

While we cannot be guaranteed the best choice ahead of time, we can be guaranteed with a great amount of certainty that the events of the future will unfold differently depending on the choices we have made.

I also understood the point of your Christ analogy, didn't mean to take you away from your studies. :wink: But my main point was (aside from the dogma)...I think you're always going to be able to find the downside of any choice if you concentrate hard enough on finding it.

popslut

Post by popslut » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:04 am

forge wrote:
you just seem far more resigned to the fact that there is no hope whatsoever while I prefer to have some kind of vague sense that there may actually still be some good in the world
I'm certain the world is full of good. Just none of it is in Politics.

none of the 'it's all rigged and there is nothing any of us can do' thinking is exactly new
I've never claimed to be original. :)

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:14 am

If yous can change, and I can change.... we can all change.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:49 pm

Maine, Virginia and DC folks

TODAYS YOUR DAY! Please please please get involved today.

You can go to to the caucuses undecided and you don't have to vote - just go, talk to people, tell 'em how you feel, listen to what they have to say

just go - it's very important for so many reasons and you honestly don't have to commit to anything.

Thanks guys (and girls!)

* I don't think there's caucuses in Maryland today

Ad
Ableton | Elektron

Music