Combineing all loops in a Scene into single audio file/clip

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DanTransformer

Combineing all loops in a Scene into single audio file/clip

Post by DanTransformer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi,

Im working on a project for a mate of mine, which requires a load of various kinds of loops that form a track, I wont bore you with details as its not important and a pain in the arse.

Anyway, I need to create audio loops from all loops/clips within a certain Scene, now ive tried just recording the master to a new audio track, but the result is far weaker and a damn sight quieter than the seperate loops played as a Scene. and therefore useless when combined with other parts of the track.

Any tips or ideas on getting round this?

Cheers.
Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder!

pale1

Post by pale1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:45 pm

....adjusting the volume...?..
Macbook
Rme babyface pro
push 2
Genelec 1030A
Analogue gear
Stuff amassed through time

http://www.soundcloud.com/foss
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsEWQB ... smHhob59Xg

evon

Post by evon » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Did you use the "Resampling" feature? If you did you will also need to adjust the volume fader in the Clip Prpperties View of the Resampled Track.

Also, you could add a 'Utility Plug" from your VST Folder to the recorded track. You would be able to boost the volume from there.

Additionally, EQ8 also has a volume control that is available. In addition, using a compessor will be able to increase the volume of the track.

Of course, each option will have varying effects on the tonal quality, so you should choose which one or combination suits your project.
fe real!

DanTransformer

Post by DanTransformer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:05 pm

pale1 wrote:....adjusting the volume...?..
Ah, never thought of that! :roll:

Anyway, back to the serious suggestion, yeah have added some eq and a bit of compression but still doesn't sound quite as good as the midi/Vst tracks being played back. Doesn't make any sense to me.

As for the 'Resampling' feature, im not sure what you mean. will have to get my mouse over to the manual again I think.

DanTransformer

Post by DanTransformer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:12 pm

After relistening at a higher volume, ive noticed there is a distinct drop in quality of the recorded audio, not sure why, as all the audio I record from external instruments seems fine.

Ah, well. Ill keep searching for the answer.

laird

Post by laird » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:42 pm

DanTransformer wrote:
pale1 wrote:....adjusting the volume...?..
Ah, never thought of that! :roll:

Anyway, back to the serious suggestion,
that was a serious suggestion. probably the best you'll get.

Sounds like you need to watch your levels more closely.

If quality goes down with resampling to 16 bits, perhaps you are clipping.

Sounds to me like turning the volume down on all the tracks will help your poor sound quality issue as well as your not-enough-volume-on-the-master issue.

Using EQs and COmpressors to make everything AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE will only make the problems you have worse.