my baby left me on valentine's day....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:54 pm

Well, since my baby left me
I found a new place to dwell
I stabbed her in the face a lot
and threw her down a well

Now I'm a so loooonely etc.etc.

davec1

Post by davec1 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:55 pm

it didn't have anything to do with it being valentine's day, just an ironic coincidence. I don't care particularly about valentine's day, so it would have sucked just as bad any other day.

I'm neither suicidal, nor do I want to get back at her. it just didn't work out, but I wish the relationship had been given more time. I'm making music right now, and hanging out with people seems a good idea, get me away from my own thoughts...

I'll drink a beer for you guys, even the penis inspector dudes...

the ar

Post by the ar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:55 pm

peeddrroo wrote:there's this french comic (well, not such a comic, i'm talking about guy montagné for those who know him).
he was telling this true story about him coming in his appartment on valentine's day a few years ago with a bunch of flowers, only to discover that his wife had disappeared with all the furniture, money, eveything except his clothes and stuff.
plus they had an entertainment company that they shared (she was actually majority holder).
it all happened in less than 24h without any warning, after more than 10 years of being married!
anyway, it was kind of pathetic so see this poor guy who makes france laugh tell his story, you could see he was still shocked. he was kind of trying to make fun of it, but didn't quite manage.
(he wasn't telling this story in public, but for a kind of private interview).
I'm pretty sure that this story cheered up the author of the topic, pedro. ;)
:D

chevthewizard

Post by chevthewizard » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:58 pm

UKRuss wrote:I've been thinking about your song and have come up with a new one to sum up your feelings:

Ahem.

Stab

stab stab stab

stabby stabby stab stab

stab stab

stab

stab
i think you have an obsession with stabbing
My Website | Myspace | Soundcloud
birdhouse19 wrote:i was playing a club last night and had to play some rap, and i know ableton live isnt very good with rap without a sound card.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:01 pm

It is a recurring theme today, I agree. Tomorrow maybe shackling or stoning or hanging by the neck.

Who can say?

Cloak and Dagger

Post by Cloak and Dagger » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:47 pm

I have found the best thing for me is to stay as busy as possible doing things that make my life better. Revenge is a stupid way to go in my opinion because you are dis-empowering yourself by spending energy on them. i.e. they are still important.
the biggest insult to them(if thats the goal) is to move on with your life make it better and forget about them. but more importantly spend the energy on yourself. ultimately keep yourself busy and your thoughts preoccupied so you can't dwell and indulge yourself into the sad puddles of remorse..its a self perpetuating downward spiral. Work out, study hard, rearrange your living space, go places you have never been and try to meet some completely new people, and maybe watch some comedy movies. (not romantic comedy) keep your sense of humor about yourself and the situation. Writing a song about it is an excellent form of release! ;) I have found these things work well for me. and when my heart stops aching. I am healthier and evolving and moving foward.. Rather than strungout, hungover, tangled in webs of deceit, or at risk for stds.
put your music where your mouth is......

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Not that this trumps your V-Day playout, but I once had a girl dump me about a week before she was going out of town to be the maid of honor in her friend's wedding. The weekend of that wedding a friend and I went to see Devil's Rejects. After about 15 minutes of what we thought was the longest trailer ever for The Wedding Crashers we determined we in fact walked into the wrong theater and were watching The Wedding Crashers. My friend insisted we stay because he wanted to see it anyway and I didn't want to seem like a big sappy pussy. I can tell you that I didn't find anything funny in that movie AT ALL.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:45 pm

I feel for you :( But you are not the only one here :D Heres my advice: Forget her! Honest! Theres millions of nice girls out there! She wasn't the right one for you! You deserves something better 8)

regards
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:49 pm

meh, the chicks out there are just as fucked up as you guys. wear a rubber and try not to be a dick. for every hot chick there are 20 guys sick of her shit.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

D K

Post by D K » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:12 am

you can now fuck her sisters, friends and mom.
5 cents please....

dcease

Post by dcease » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:18 am

beats me wrote:I'm rarely serious on here, but.......

Naps and stay away from alcohol. Remember what you are feeling now and start filling your life with friends and other activites. A relationship should only consume about 20% of your time and soul. Any more than that and you are probably giving too much. Women think they want to be the center of your universe but the instant that happens they are bored and move on.

The Game is an interesting read and although it's about dating and controlling the situation, by the end of it you'll probably just want to stay single.

For some daily support subscribe to the Tom Leykis podcast with some brilliant (and what should be common sense) and hilarious commentary on taking care of your shit and not being manipulated by women.

http://www.blowmeuptom.com

That about covers if for me.
works fine on my system...

dm_hawk

Post by dm_hawk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:42 am

MrTiddles wrote:Read 'The Game' by Neil Strauss. It all sounds a little creepy when you 1st get started but you'll be fine in no time.

Sorry she left dude.....
+1

really get into playing a sport you like, work out a lot, go to italy and play around a bit. there are so many women out there looking for a decent guy who can rock her world. this is assuming, of course, that you're a decent guy who is willing and able to rock said girls' worlds.
..... . . . . . . . . .

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:17 am

Ben: Why are you crying? Because it hurts or because you were stupid to care for her?....

...These people don't deserve our sympathies....

...Need I remind you of what they did the last time you thought with your heart...

..instead of your "gun".

-"Lost" "The Economist"
Episode on Valentine's Day.

Sayid had to learn the hard way as well. The bitch he fell in love with shot him a few inches away from the heart after he revealed his love for her.

Maybe That's when they get you...

When they know you've let your guard down and there's no turning back.

Sometimes revenge works. Sometimes you just have to let it go. Believe me...there has NEVER EVER been a female who tried to hurt me who hasn't met her demise later in life. Every so often when I'm out with my fiancee I'll run into one of these broads...

Sometimes they're pushing a baby with no father in sight. No smile on their face either.

Sometimes they look so strung out...either the heroin, the last 3 abusive boyfriends...or the last Krispy Kreme donut in town took its toll on what became of their pathetic lives post Shawn.

Usually though...it just makes me smile when they cross the street to avoid walking past me and Mrs. Necessary. That tells me that I've done something right and they haven't...that's more revenge than I'll ever want or need.

I've never really been hurt by a woman, but sooooo many have tried. A wise man once told me...

No I'm lying cuz I made this shit up...and I'm gonna pass this advice to my son someday...

"Don't ever sit around crying over a bitch. For every second you're thinking of her, that's a second she could be shoving a new dick in her mouth...

...And trust...The last person she's thinking about at that moment...is you."
Last edited by Sleep Tyght on Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Whatever Doesn't Kill You, Only Makes You Stranger.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:24 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vvV9LjBsNw <--- wisdom from Frank and Jim, they told me at age 6 what took me decades to understand.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz