soooo this ableton live vocoder

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bdhm

ELS

Post by bdhm » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:50 pm

ah .. this is the right moment to shout: "ELS Vocoder"

try it.

http://www.eiosis.com/elsvocoder

tata!

bd

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:55 pm

OMFG. You guys start seriously trying to analyse my aswers.... ?!?!?!
So.
Here we go:

I was surprised that this video at the Ableton office was made. I am on tour and I had no idea. So, it makes sense that I was confused. I mean, more confused then usual.

We might be working on a vocoder. We might be working on something else. We might be working on something in between a vocoder and something else.
What ever it is, it will not slow down development of other urgent features.
( And yes, we KNOW that crossfades in arranger are missing and ...(insert ist here ) ) Different developpers work on different things. Some things are useful for user A and some for user B.

Working on nice effects and instruments is a good thing to do. We can come up with own flavors of things, we can make Live a more complete package for someone who does not want to install ten VSTis that might not work again with the next OS version and so on...

Do I think a Vocoder is a cool thing? Yes. I do. There is much more that can be done with a Vocoder then a Daft Punk track. And, Vocoder A might sound different from Vocoder B, allowing you to do different kinds of things...

I think, that thing one of our developpers is currently coding, and that you saw on the screen, will gona be a shit load of fun once out. I personally really looking forward to have it. And I am not using Vocoders usually.

Robert

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:12 pm

Robert Henke wrote:OMFG. You guys start seriously trying to analyse my aswers.... ?!?!?!
of course.. you're a popstar..!
even your farts get analyzed.. :wink:

thanks for the info..

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Poster wrote:
Robert Henke wrote:OMFG. You guys start seriously trying to analyse my aswers.... ?!?!?!
of course.. you're a popstar..!
even your farts get analyzed.. :wink:

thanks for the info..
even my farts get analyzed ???? did not know that YouTube is able to transmit those.

shocking....

Robert

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:16 pm

bratwurst... saurkraut... spaten... and.. hmm... M&Ms... 9 green, 3 blue, 4 red and a 1 yellow.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

laird

Post by laird » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:17 pm

i'm doing my best to refrain from posting "I think vocoder Bs sound better than vocoder As".

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:39 pm

Robert Henke wrote:even my farts get analyzed ????
Robert, we all know about the origins of Spectrum, AKA Fartalizer..!~
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:37 am

Hey !!!!

This is my last warning. Go, make some music. Or I will tell mum that you guys are AGAIN reading forum. I mean, really.

Robert

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:11 am

Doseveralthingsatonceness!
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

forge

Post by forge » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:09 am

noisetonepause wrote:Image

Doseveralthingsatonceness!
but I realised the other day that I don't think I listen to music any more without being distracted lookign at some stupid internet bollocks

it used to be nice actually listening to music

back in the good old days

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:15 am

when I listen to a track back I find it good to read the forum or some other website.

It occupies my 'logical' brain and then my illogical brain listens to the music and I can soon spot if there is something wrong with the track which I missed before. It's a bit weird, but it works. The 'wrong' thing just seems to leap out.

like when you render a track and you think "right that's totally finished" and you listen back to the wave file and something just leaps out at you? (perhaps it's just me) Well, it's the same sort of thing

YILA

Post by YILA » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:26 am

please hurry up, i have to give my mates microkorg back to him
Scan i5 in the studio. Dual core Pc laptop, 13inch macbookpro,RME fireface 800,live 8.1,operator. drum machines Myspace Soundcloud Youtube Twitter

forge

Post by forge » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:28 am

Angstrom wrote:when I listen to a track back I find it good to read the forum or some other website.

It occupies my 'logical' brain and then my illogical brain listens to the music and I can soon spot if there is something wrong with the track which I missed before. It's a bit weird, but it works. The 'wrong' thing just seems to leap out.

like when you render a track and you think "right that's totally finished" and you listen back to the wave file and something just leaps out at you? (perhaps it's just me) Well, it's the same sort of thing
that's pretty much exactly why I was thinking it was not a good thing - of course useful for production or analysis - but I'm talking about just listening to some nice music and feeling the vibe WITHOUT THAT BASTARD LOGICAL BRAIN INTERFERING!! 8O

like yesterday, I stuck on 'heaven or las vegas' by the cocteau twins and a few times it made me stop everything

I remembered in my pre-internet/daily PC grind life I used to actually do things like lay on the bed with headphones jsut listening - or actually had a stereo in the living room that I used every day!

actually this is the big disadvantage of being a musician or audio engineer - sometimes it is really difficult to allow recreational listening that doesnt involve doing something else

YILA

Post by YILA » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:33 am

what about hoovering to pantera?
Scan i5 in the studio. Dual core Pc laptop, 13inch macbookpro,RME fireface 800,live 8.1,operator. drum machines Myspace Soundcloud Youtube Twitter

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:35 am

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:Vocoder? That video was showing off the visual feedback effect of the soon to be, and often requested feature in sampler - the ability to adjust sample start and loop points via MIDI :D Why would the abes release a new inst when they have already acknowledged that one is still incomplete?
yeah i wonder why.
just take a look at live 6 in comparison to live 7.

yeah, why on earth would they ever do that?