Awesome Amplitube Group Buy at esoundz

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thehuman

Awesome Amplitube Group Buy at esoundz

Post by thehuman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:28 am

Just wanted to make sure those who didn't know yet are aware of the group buy going round:

Amplitube 2 + Amplitube JHE + Ampeg SVX UNO + X-Gear (when released) + a couple sets of extras, like patches, etc.

Right now, it is at $199 for the whole bundle, but if 100 people sign up (which should happen within the next day), it goes down to $179, and you can download the software immediately (if you choose download). Incredible deal for anyone who has been wanting to buy this stuff. Also, if you already have AT2, you can substitute it for other effects like CSR or Ampeg SVX.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... code=gbrss

It ends March 9. If you feel really crazy, you can refer sockofgold at checkout for some extra points for me, but I'm not too concerned about it. I just want people to sign up, so we can get more freebies. Either way, it's an amazing deal.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:39 am

Wow, that really is a killer deal.

Anybody's opinion on how this compares to Guitar Rig?

I'm not sure, but I think we saw the custom controller at NAMM that was made for Amplitube and it was stupid expensive....like $1,000 or something.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:02 am

beats me wrote:Anybody's opinion on how this compares to Guitar Rig?
Amplitube always seems to be favored less than GR. I have Amplitube but really just use my Pod 'cause I prefer outboard FX for guitar.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

thehuman

Post by thehuman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:36 am

beats me wrote:Wow, that really is a killer deal.

Anybody's opinion on how this compares to Guitar Rig?

I'm not sure, but I think we saw the custom controller at NAMM that was made for Amplitube and it was stupid expensive....like $1,000 or something.
Guitar Rig is perhaps a little more flexible--it's basically set up like Reason, where you can just stick anything you want wherever you want to as many times as you want, etc., but as far as sound quality, for MOST of the amps, I prefer Amplitube. The Bassman in Guitar Rig is really nice, though.

I got Guitar Rig a while back for a pretty decent price, but I am getting in on this and switching to Amplitube for most uses. I find it overall more satisfactory. Especially the Hendrix modules. Wow.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:11 am

that is seriously like the best group buy pricing discount I've ever seen, and if your primary instrument isn't guitar then I don't see how you could go wrong. I went to a really nice studio about 6 months ago and I remember the owner showing it to me and he was all into it and throwing it on everything that anything.

I just checked their site and they are the ones with the $1,000 foot controller AND no expression pedals. That's pretty lame. I assume though that you could use another foot controller with this.

thehuman

Post by thehuman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:29 pm

beats me wrote:that is seriously like the best group buy pricing discount I've ever seen, and if your primary instrument isn't guitar then I don't see how you could go wrong. I went to a really nice studio about 6 months ago and I remember the owner showing it to me and he was all into it and throwing it on everything that anything.

I just checked their site and they are the ones with the $1,000 foot controller AND no expression pedals. That's pretty lame. I assume though that you could use another foot controller with this.
Yeah, IK I supposed to release X-Gear in a couple weeks, which will allow full MIDI control of most parameters, so we can all use our FCB1010's. It will also allow you to mix and match components from different version of Amplitube (Hendrix, Ampeg, Amplitube 2, and Amplitube Metal when it comes out).

You're right, though, StompIO is outlandishly overpriced.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:53 pm

I told a few friends about this deal so hoepfully it should be up to at least 100 people by the time it ends. It's not really a priority for anybody but to miss out on this price cut would be stupid.

I really don't know what they are thinking with the price of that controller but it must do something magical.

jamester

Post by jamester » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:08 pm

It's an *ok* deal for those who want both Amplitube 2 and Hendrix. Otherwise it ain't that great, X-gear might be cool but after that it's a single bass amp and some loops.

Personally I like Amplitube 2 better than Guitar Rig. It's way less noisy, and I find its workflow better than GR's. GR's "rack" concept isn't really sensible for guitar IMO; I don't want to line up amps and speakers and pedals and such all in a long-ass linear rack! Amplitube makes more sense, with seperate screens for each section.

There is also IK's "get one free" deal going on, and depending on what you want/need it might be the better option. I'm thinking of getting my Amp.2 upgrade and then getting the full Ampeg SVX as my freebie.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:44 pm

This is a PHENOMENAL deal. It's already at 100+, so it's $179, which is a STEAL. I like a lot of the sounds from Amplitube. I'd say that Waves GTR is crisper, but way more CPU heavy, while GR is more flexible, but not as natural for sounds. AT2 and Ampeg are warm and natural, but they do need a bit of work to get a usable sound. But for this price, WOW, that's just outstanding!

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:52 pm

So who involved in this thread wants to start a classic rock band after March 9th?

pixelbox

Post by pixelbox » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:53 pm

nebulae wrote:This is a PHENOMENAL deal. It's already at 100+, so it's $179, which is a STEAL. I like a lot of the sounds from Amplitube. I'd say that Waves GTR is crisper, but way more CPU heavy, while GR is more flexible, but not as natural for sounds. AT2 and Ampeg are warm and natural, but they do need a bit of work to get a usable sound. But for this price, WOW, that's just outstanding!
Meh, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment on GR3, The vintage sounds, like from the Orange and Hi-Watt amps sound very authentic. Plus now, GR3 has Das Uber Metal sounds with the "Ultrasonic" and "Gratifier". I totally broke out my leather pants from storage because of it.
Before speaking, learn telling. And to tear magic from science is very dumb pupil-like.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:56 pm

^ yeah, you're right, I've heard great things about GR3, so I may have spoke too soon - haven't really tested its limits so I'm prolly speaking out of turn...thanks for the much needed bitch-slap.

pixelbox

Post by pixelbox » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:59 pm

nebulae wrote:^ yeah, you're right, I've heard great things about GR3, so I may have spoke too soon - haven't really tested its limits so I'm prolly speaking out of turn...thanks for the much needed bitch-slap.
If there is any bitch I would be honored to slap, it's you, Neb!
Before speaking, learn telling. And to tear magic from science is very dumb pupil-like.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:02 pm

pixelbox wrote:
nebulae wrote:^ yeah, you're right, I've heard great things about GR3, so I may have spoke too soon - haven't really tested its limits so I'm prolly speaking out of turn...thanks for the much needed bitch-slap.
If there is any bitch I would be honored to slap, it's you, Neb!
We need to take the rest of this conversation offline, big boy...

dcease

Post by dcease » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:05 pm

got amplitube, with csr, and i've hardly used it on guitar... :lol: but cpu friendly is NOT how i would d.scibe it... maybe in stand alone... but yeah, the BOGO is a good deal, ass well as the op's deal, might even work together :idea: (i picked up massive, absynth, and fm8 for $240 last year, due to deals like this...)