AmeriKKKa

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thefool

Post by thefool » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:32 pm

I'm a lurker.
DANG! F*** i'm smart 8)

too much sugar. Good night

dcease

Post by dcease » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:34 pm

+1 about the pron. i miss it very much :cry: if only i could find more online...

oh yeah... racism, as i have said b4, is very prevelant down here. fuckin sad, really. it makes me feel the same way as stringtapper from time to time. extreme love for humanity begats extreme hate, and vice versa. i just try to roll with the punches, and live my life, deviod of hatred for individuals...except those who hate someone else. but even then, isn't it their right to hate?

until blood flows, hatred is just a word. a word that can easily be replaced with love... if you want

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Tone Deft wrote:it's the obvious card, had to be played. I don't care either way.

you seem to be into this anarchy thing, how well does this forum approximate an anarchistic society? just curious.

synths in max... I could not get polyphony to work, monophonic is easy. then there's the tarnce~ object, lol check it if you haven't, instant Tiesto!

I'm not into anarchy. Anarchy is for pussies. Put a gun in an anarchists mouth and they will start crying for the authorities to save them. It's the inherent paradox in the philosophy: the instinct for self-preservation.

Nihilism has some of its own paradoxes but that's not one of them.

As far as whether the forum approximates an anarchist society can't really be answered as I can't think of a society in history where anarchy truly prevailed. Humans will always try to create order through governance, whether they use words or money or bullets to accomplish it.

Oh and did you not try the [poly~] object Tone Deft? I'm actually working on making a synth that will react to direct audio input using Miller Puckette's [fiddle~] external.
Unsound Designer

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:07 am

sparklepuff wrote:
Ajbbklyn wrote:We, as a nation, will only reach true liberation when we elect a Black Hasidic Transsexual Amputee - with a Lesbian Eskimo as a running mate.
Wrong. That's the role one needs to play to win an Oscar.
oscar/presidency.....what's the difference ?
they're both given to the best actor
spreader of butter

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:15 am

stringtapper wrote:Oh and did you not try the [poly~] object Tone Deft? I'm actually working on making a synth that will react to direct audio input using Miller Puckette's [fiddle~] external.
funny, yes I did, that's where I got stuck. it was over the summer, a while ago so I'm a bit hazy on the details but there was some internal variable to that object that controlled polyphony. I started to follow the example on the C74 web site but it got into custom C code or something like that, anyway, it got into non-pure max stuff and I didn't want to go there yet.

fiddle~ looks cool, seems that could maybe do audio to midi conversion.

dunno, I'm spending my nights learning how much I don't know about drums and Operator, I'll put on the spelunking gear and get back into max when ABLETON RELEASES THE MAX COMPATIBLE VERSION OF LIVE!!!!!
:evil:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nathannn

Re: AmeriKKKa

Post by nathannn » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:51 am

thelike5 wrote:.

The real reason they voted for Clinton is simply becuase they would rather have a white woman than a black man as President.
ever think people are voting for clinton because no one knows who this barack osama bin laden guy is ?
he just pops out of no where and we should vote for him?
if we dont we are racist? fuck off
i will vote for who ever the hell i want not just because i feel i have to suck up to a race,
fucking asshole
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

popslut

Post by popslut » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:17 pm

thelike5

Tone Deft

stringtapper

thefool

I want my ten minutes back you sorry, pathetic, juvenile, spolied waste of fucking resources and bandwidth.

Way to take a thread down to the depths of self-absorbed, pre-pubescent bickering and waste another oppotunity to compare ideas and maybe educate somebody.

One poster [Landwhale again...] contributes with a considered and well written post which gets precisely no responses or comments because you're all to busy trying to score one-up points off each other like competitors in the Boxing Special Olympics.

You're the reason this world is so fucked up - spoiled, overfed, complacent western cissy boys with too much free time to spend being "right" on the internet. I mean, I post a fair bit but fuck - Tone Deft must set his alarm so he can get up and post on the hour while he's in bed!

And the real tragedy is that it's all shit - dismal, self-referential high-school politics which betrays the fact that he exists in the cosseted Disney World of west coast USA [I've spent a lot of time in SF Tone - I know it's not the real world] and usually boils down to the internet equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and saying "La-la - I'm not listening..!"

"I'm a nihilist..." <<=== no you're not, stringtapper, you're just a fucking wanker. There is a difference.

"no one knows who this barack osama bin laden guy is" <<=== Just shut up. Never speak again. It's not that I disagree with you, nathann, it's just that your opinion is always worthless and I don't see that ever changing.

As a public service I will now quote the only other post in this entire six page thread that doesn't show the author up to be a total cunt.

Landwhale wrote:As far as my thoughts on all the political threads on this forum, well, some of them are pretty interesting, challenging, intelligent conversations, and I've gotten turned on to some websites I didn't know about, learned some worthwhile facts, etc.
However, alot of them (in my opinion, which will not be a popular one, I promise :) ) are what I see as evidence of how well the propaganda model actually works, and it's pretty disheartening to be honest.

IMHO, we are at a point in time where it is increasingly apparent how deep the corruption runs in our entire society. I honestly can't understand how people DON'T see how the media creates their opinions and outlooks for them.
The major outlets create the headlines, create the distractions, the false pretenses for war, etc. They create the illusion of choice between candidates, yet rarely do anything more than scratch the surface on ANY topic/issue that is genuinely important to the American people and/or the rest of the world. They focus on shit-talking between the parties, and in-fighting amongst them, none of which matters. NONE of which matters.

This consistent stream of propaganda flows to the citizens through every channel imaginable, the citizens then reinforce the illusion by regurgitating (nearly verbatim) all the quotes, soundbytes and headlines that they have been force-fed until they believe it themselves, making the system self-perpetual. If you notice, by the time most people are done "debating" about almost any given political topic, they simply retreat and both "sides" come to the conclusion that they don't have much power to do anything about anything.
Do you think this is merely a coincidence? Honestly? Something so consistent and predictable and repeatable just magically happens everytime, guaranteed?
The end result is what's important here, and that is that people feel helpless and powerless.

The media doesn't like to talk about a lot of other things, here's one little nugget for you to chew on, I believe someone has posted this here before.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1959
Now, after reading this, please realize that this is not some conspiracy theory, this is getting close to becoming actual law. If/when it does, these OT forum threads could actually become LEGALLY classifiable as homegrown terrorism, since there is no CLEAR definition of what homegrown terrorism is in the bill.
Also, for those of you who are quick to call conspiracy theory, keep in mnd the fact that the majority of your representatives already passed this in the house, so I think that is pretty telling of where they stand in regards to protecting your "freedom".
If you think this is for your protection from terrorists and bad-guys, I feel sorry for you, no joke, from the bottom of my heart.

So if you want, keep on believing that you are "making an important choice" when you go out and vote for your (conveniently) pre-selected, funded, and "approved" candidate, blue or red. It's a lot easier that way :)

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:22 pm

haha!
another rat in the useless-time-trap!

it fucking works :D

you just spent another 30 seconds

edit: did you even read what i wrote in this thread? i didn't post anything until some fucker comes telling me the whole human race should be ext

popslut

Post by popslut » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:19 pm

thefool wrote:did you even read what i wrote in this thread? i didn't post anything until some fucker comes telling me the whole human race should be ext
Stop fucking whining. Just stop.

Switch off your computer and go and do something worthwhile. Help your neighbour or donate something to a charity.

So somebody called you a cunt on the internet. It doesn't matter. Get over it. Save those keystrokes for saying things which matter.

Just stop whining.

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:21 pm

i'm at work just having a little break, while i'm composing a post about you for the main forum. Just reading through all you old posts and wanting to highlight what a pathetic asshole you are in reality ;)

You didn't get a bit of what i wrote above, not a single word.

have a nice day :D

popslut

Post by popslut » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:29 pm

thefool wrote: You didn't get a bit of what i wrote above, not a single word.
Popslut wrote: Just stop whining.

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:30 pm

stop pretending you are right about me when you are not. I'm one of the nicest people you'll ever meet :)

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:12 pm

popslut wrote: the cosseted Disney World of west coast USA [I've spent a lot of time in SF Tone - I know it's not the real world]
And your world is so for real, right? Think of TD what you will, but stay away from my city. The Bay Area is a bitchin' place, for a zillion reasons. Yeah, its nicer in a variety of ways from a lot of places I've been - so what?

BTW, in lumping Northern and Southern California together, you have betrayed a good deal of ignorance about both of them.
popslut wrote:"no one knows who this barack osama bin laden guy is" <<=== Just shut up. Never speak again. It's not that I disagree with you, nathann, it's just that your opinion is always worthless and I don't see that ever changing.

Agreed. Just shut up Nathannn. You have never, ever, contributed anything of worth to this forum. You are a creep. Go away.

popslut

Post by popslut » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:25 pm

chrysalis33rpm wrote:The Bay Area is a bitchin' place, for a zillion reasons.
I know it is, in much the same way as the favellas of Sao Paulo or the slums of Calcutta aren't.
Yeah, its nicer in a variety of ways from a lot of places I've been - so what?
So somebody who lives in, and rarely leaves, the more affluent corners of the world is in danger of assuming the rest of the world is as cosy and well-fed as them.
BTW, in lumping Northern and Southern California together, you have betrayed a good deal of ignorance about both of them.
Anybody who believes there is a scrap of real difference between the two, in global terms, is living in their own cosseted Disney World.

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:43 pm

popslut wrote:
chrysalis33rpm wrote:The Bay Area is a bitchin' place, for a zillion reasons.
I know it is, in much the same way as the favellas of Sao Paulo or the slums of Calcutta aren't.
Yeah, its nicer in a variety of ways from a lot of places I've been - so what?
So somebody who lives in, and rarely leaves, the more affluent corners of the world is in danger of assuming the rest of the world is as cosy and well-fed as them.
Anybody who believes there is a scrap of real difference between the two, in global terms, is living in their own cosseted Disney World.

Popslut, champion of the world's poor! Really, you playing the moral high ground card against those with privileged lifestyles is a bit rich. You spent near as much time in the slums of Calcutta as you have in San Francisco? I didn't think so.

LA and SF are entirely culturally different, starting with their urban layouts. But whatever, I don't have time to explain it to you and you've got too much wax in your ears anyway.

I haven't lived in the States in years, BTW.

I do appreciate you 'slut, when you make me think, but this is drivel....