Loving the Kore

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
evernaut

Loving the Kore

Post by evernaut » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Tried this new Kore player. Loved it.

I'm now trying the demo Kore 2, and I'm just so bloody impressed.
I'm having a similar reaction to when I first discovered Live, it's just really, really easy to get straight into making great sounds after a cursory skim-read of the manual.

10 minutes in, I loaded up Automat as a plug - just the default sine wave - added some of Kore's internal FX ( the harmonic thing is truly amazing when mapped to the pk pad), routed via Soundflower into Live and played with Padkontrol. Just dead simple, but it sounded great and was a lot of fun.

Yeah, so I think I'm actually more impressed by the workflow elements and its hosting capabilities than its Library & presets ( only because I don't use those super glossy sound in my work... although they do sound incredible).

I really like this trend of audio apps that organise stuff in surprisingly efficient ways. Kind of like Audiofinder - a quick dive in there and loads of cool ideas you forgot about show up - so Kore2 makes it a treat trying different combinations of plugs and fx.

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Spam

jk, I might try this out too

dpel

Post by dpel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm selling my Kore 1.

Anybody interested?
Dave Pelman Music
http://www.davepelman.com

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:02 pm

I am selling my Kore 1 too! It is so excellent I can barely part with it.

But I am. Name your price. Really, you might be surprised. Free postage.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Another person enjoying the Kore 2 upgrade.
Ni are definitely a love or hate thing for most people, stability with updates sometimes being a problem etc.
Right now Live 7 the buggy software in my setup.

yogz

Post by yogz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:43 pm

kore 1 hardware is a pretty good "affaire" as it has a nice soundcard built-in; which has been take out on the new version of the controller...
Live 7.0.14
Mac osX 10.5.6 ;

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 pm

ew

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Yeah, just really blown away by it. Honestly :)

I know my post sounds a bit spammy, but I meant it. Yeah, NI sometimes rush things out and people get justifiably fucked off about it, but they consistently come up with some astounding products too. And I reckon this whole Kore idea is revolutionary - somehow, it enables you to want to combine bits and pieces from your Libraries and gets you looking at your AUs etc in a new way.. I know Live can do this too, but - amongst other reasons - the cpu hit is lower in Kore when I get really greedy. .

OK, time to see if the $$ has hit my NI Bitch account. :twisted: