[OT] Any Fire Fly fans on here

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
serge_a_storms

[OT] Any Fire Fly fans on here

Post by serge_a_storms » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:48 pm

I've only just got into this show. About 10 million years after everyone else!

I know it's cancelled and there's a film (Serenity) out but I just wondered if anyone else on here is into it?

What a great show. Shame it was cancelled.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:22 pm

I'm in the same boat. Caught Firefly well after the show and movie had passed on. Totally intelligent scifi that just never got a wide audience; mostly because it was expensive as hell to produce and Fox didn't have the gumption to give it the time it needed to build a following.

Great to see Summer Glau in the new Terminator series, though. Smokin' hot. Not to hijack your thread, but the Terminator series turned out to be pretty damn good. The first couple of shows sucked balls, but then it really picked up...!

serge_a_storms

Post by serge_a_storms » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:36 pm

"Not to hijack your thread" no worries, better than no one replying!

The only good thing to say about it (firefly) being cancelled is that at least the quality didn't get the chance to decline. It stands as a good series.

I haven't seen the Terminator thing. I had heard that it sucked a bit but it had only just started. It's maybe as your saying that the first episodes were poor but it's picked up.

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:36 pm

I recently borrowed the firefly dvd box set from a friend and have been pretty much absorbed by it for the past couple of weeks. I'm at the last episode now but I still have the movie to look forwards to. Really great series and a great shame it got cancelled.

at least Battlestar Galactica is still going! (4th season coming up sooooon!!!)

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:53 pm

It's in my heavy rotation of DVD viewing 8)
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:02 pm

I like.
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:53 pm

I missed it while it was on TV. An enthusiastic friend loaned me the box set, & I became enthralled... Excellent & satisfying on every level.

What I like about it is that it is actually film noir masquerading as a western presented in a sci-fi world! Oh, a wise guy, huh? Hand me the laser branding iron...

They built the ship from bow to stern, so they can walk & run through it's entire length without having to edit the video -really gives it a solid sense of place.

A shame it never got to live as long a life as it should. Little gems.
Last edited by oblique strategies on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tanawana

Post by tanawana » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Watch the series BEFORE you see the movie. A couple surprises for sure 8O

ghast

Post by ghast » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Love the show, totally. Part of the reason it got low ratings, is because when sci fi aired it, they didn't pay any attention to the order of the episodes!! Noone had any idea what was going on in the story. can you believe that shit? I can. What a huge disappointment scifi channel is...

Cyberstar

Post by Cyberstar » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:05 pm

I didn't even know it was a t.v. show (never watch fox) I got wind of the show after I'd seen the movie, and really liked that then a mate of mine said " you do know it was a t.v. show before a movie ?" so I went out and bought the DVD boxed set.

It's to bad it didn't last longer, but what a cool lil' show it was.
3.6 GHz i7-9700K 8-Core|Win 10 64|MOTU 16a|Push 2|Live 10.1.15 Suite|Komplete12|Studio One V4|Reason 11|Zebra 2|Omnisphere 2||
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/nomar161

serge_a_storms

Post by serge_a_storms » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:00 am

There's an online pertition to get it back on air.

http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/retur ... d_serenity

it doesn't look like many people know it's their as there aren't that many sigs

Highly unlikely anything will come of it, but you never knonw....

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:19 pm

well I think the best way to support any future (however remote) possibility of Firefly/Serenity returning is to buy the dvd's. That's the reason the movie was made possible, cause the Firefly dvd release did very well.
I picked up the Serenity dvd today (sadly the 2 disc collectors edition doesn't have a european release or I would have bought that) and I'll probably pick up the series boxset for myself at some point as well (you can get it quite cheap on the internet).

willshak

Post by willshak » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Firefly is my #2 SF TV series ever by a wide margin.

#1 is Babylon 5, the momentum of the 5 year story arc is sooo satisfying, compared to the mostly disconnected episodes of everything else.

K