Quicktime Movie support

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
tyy

Re: Quicktime Movie support

Post by tyy » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:06 am

wildstar wrote: sure i can use Live slaved to Pro Tools, and run the QT from Pro Tools - but [...] i want to use Live - and Live only.
Just curious, if Live could support QT, is there anything about PT you'd miss? I'm trying to size up PT also from a composer/film perspective.

tyy
...namaste.

doug roberts

Post by doug roberts » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:28 pm

I'm very glad to see a QT playback track being requested, I've asked on a few posts for this feature and am keeping my fingers well crossed that this can be implemented asap (Live 4.0.3!). Not having the ability to use VST/VSTi's when Live is slaving to ProTools or Revision is crippling for us users that work to picture. I'm not looking for any video editing functions over and above being able to load a QT clip (or several in a row) and move them around the movie track. I use PT's all the time for the rest of the film work, recording ADR/Foley/Music and all the editing work, it's just the best system so far for this (although Pyramix looks cool). I'd rather do all my original composing to digital picture in Live as PT's is a pig to work with with MIDI.
...and the other request...MARKERS...lots of them!!!
Doug

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:30 pm

just adding my vote for video support (be it quicktime/mpeg/native dv/whatever - it's no hassle to convert a file to whatever format Live might support). Just the ability to simply play back a video would open Live up to a whole other bunch of users. I imagine Live could be an amazing program for doing scoring work.

buzzlegs

Post by buzzlegs » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:34 pm

i vote for quicktime support as well, i would lurv this feature!!

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:36 pm

doug roberts wrote: ...and the other request...MARKERS...lots of them!!!
Doug
YES! That would be essential if video was added. See - one request invariably leads to another :) But those 2 things would keep me smiling for a long time. Honest.

gfisch

Post by gfisch » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:43 pm

Moonburnt wrote:
Doug
YES! That would be essential if video was added. See - one request invariably leads to another :) But those 2 things would keep me smiling for a long time. Honest.
and LONG FILENAMES and RENAMING CLIPS ALTERS FILENAME
I am missing this too.
1. If you import grooves from lets say the Soundtrack Library you cannot differentiate the clips because the long filenames just dont get displayed anywhere!

2. Renaming a clip right now is not a solution because the filename still has this generic filname which does not help at all for building your groove library with Live

The rest of Live is so good that we sometimes oversee real bad interface mistakes!

gfisch

P.S. but I like this QuickTime thread - let us Ableton hear that and do it!
They will get a lot of applaus for that - and new devoted users.
G5 2x2 / HDSP 9632 / PowerCore / NMG2 / BlueSky MediaDesk 2.1
Live 4 / Faderfox LV1 / Virus PC / PPG Wave 2.V / Albino2 / Operator
MachFive / Athmosphere / Stylus RMX / Trilogy / Wired / Morphology
Ozone / Inflator / TransMod / Antares Filter

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:38 am

Moonburnt wrote:
Doug
Actually i just had a sick idea about how that could be implemented...imagine if you could apply a marker to the arrangement view at the start of a bar, and drag that to a particular time, as if you were adjusting a clip warp marker, and the song tempo would be calculated so that you would arrive at the right bar at the right cue.