padKontrol right click mapping ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
onosendai

padKontrol right click mapping ?

Post by onosendai » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:07 am

I'm getting mad.

I have read a lot of thread on the padKontrol, but i can't understand how to map each pad of a drum rack to the padKontrol pad i want. Why we can't just right click on a pad and do a "learn midi" things ?

Can someone explain a simple way to do this ?

How do you switch octave on the padKontrol ?

Why when i click on the square, Live don't automap my padKontrol ?

Thanks

schiffer

Post by schiffer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:31 am

I, too, am at my wits end on this most basic of subjects.

I can map all the parameters I want but not sounds.

stutter

Post by stutter » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:54 pm

if you have Live 7 and Drum Racks...

First, you need the padkontrol (pK) to be set with the first factory default scene, KORG Std. 1 - you could load this from your cd or pK instalation folder. Alternatively you can reset the pK to factory defaults. You might want to save your scenes first. To do this
- Hold [Scene] and press [fixed velocity]
- Use encoder to select [All]
- Press [Setting]

now select scene 1.

- Open Preferences - (Ctrl) and (,) - go to the midi page.
- In the Instruments section at the top select padKontrol in the first column, and padkontrol port A in the second corresponding column.
- Close the preferences.
- Load a drum rack.
- hit the pads - they should correspond to the visible pads on the drum rack chain selector - drag that about and they will remap. This is much more flexible than a "right click, midi learn" approach.

the pK itself cannot switch octave. Using this method will do the trick. If you don't like it, place a Pitch plug-in in front of whatever instrument you are using, and map a pK knob to that.

p.s. you get a reply because of your name. If this does not work for you I doubt I have the patience to help any further.

onosendai

Post by onosendai » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:00 pm

stutter wrote:p.s. you get a reply because of your name. If this does not work for you I doubt I have the patience to help any further.
What's about my name ? :)

It works by the way : THANKS !

arar

Post by arar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Yes thanks had the same problem, now solved, just need to figure the rest of it out now! though my input seems to have been called something different
AMD 64 x 2 1.8ghz cpu
64mb integ graphics
4 gig ram
120GB 5400 HD
Indigo DJx

Live 7.0.18
Making Waves 5.44
Soundforge 8

stutter

Post by stutter » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:37 am

OnoSendai... hehehe

arar: If you hve not installed the pK usb drivers (in Start Menu, Korg folder - called USB Utilities or something) then yours may be called USB Device X (where X = 1, 2, whatever) - I would recommend installing that... you may also have to do this for different usb ports if you plug the pK into different ports...