Justice Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:40 pm

There is so much hate for Justice. I don't get it. Nazareth and the After Midnite or whatever songs totally rock.

Please, let's stick to what's important here:
CITYSTATE wrote:what controller/mixer is that in the middle?

brightonalex

!

Post by brightonalex » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Everyone is jealous of his lady-pleasing lemur fingers = 100% of FACT.

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:54 pm

The longer I stare at that picture, the more controllers I start to see. I'm starting to pick-up a Novation ZeroSL in the middle.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Sales Dude McBoob wrote:The longer I stare at that picture, the more controllers I start to see. I'm starting to pick-up a Novation ZeroSL in the middle.
Good hit! I didn't notice at first glance.
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

andydes

Post by andydes » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Oh dear, are we back on Justice?

OK, there's way too much compression on their tracks, and I can only listen to about 3 tracks in a row, but the music itself is pretty damn good.

And people looking at the picture saying there's only two tracks playing are missing the obvious fact that there's another laptop there. Could be 30 tracks on that one.

sparkletone

Post by sparkletone » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:48 am

There are two laptops with black-stuff taped to the lids to hide the Apple logo. So what?

They both use lemurs these days, but if I recall it used to be two laptops + 2 microKontrols. I think there may/may not have been a DJ mixer involved as well last year. Not anymore though, as far as I know.

Yes, the amps are for show, but so what? It's not like they hide that fact. You can tell just by listening with your ears that all the sound is coming from the house PA (as it should). On top of that: At many points in the show stage lights shine through the amps and you can see they're empty.

So it's not like they're faking it... So what's the big deal?

PS: The Phantom/Goblin thing is a credited sample, so it's not like they're hiding that either? Also. The strings in Stress are sampled too. OH NOES. SAMPLE-BASED MUSICS. There are legitimate criticisms that can be leveled at Justice, but come on. Haven't we tired of bitching about French dance producers using samples?