Pissed off Newbie

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pbasonuk

Pissed off Newbie

Post by pbasonuk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:40 pm

Im not f**king happy, at all.

I am new to ableton, I have asked just 3 simple questions to help me out a little.

One bloke was really helpfull and sorted one question out but the other two idiots just took the piss and i believe one is a moderator of the bugs section telling me i should buy a legal version on the VST i was having trouble finding through ableton. All i did was download a vst to practice on and as far as im aware its a kosher vst.

The other prick told me to read a manual. I mean, how fucking rude. I thought this 'community' Forum was to share ideas, music and HELP each other, not make new users feel like idiots for asking simple questions. I'm starting to think i should have bought different software all together.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:44 pm

Ha! I remember, the same thing happened to me...

Read the Fucking Manual!!!
-MR

landrvr1

Re: Pissed off Newbie

Post by landrvr1 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:45 pm

pbasonuk wrote:Im not f**king happy, at all.

I am new to ableton, I have asked just 3 simple questions to help me out a little.

One bloke was really helpfull and sorted one question out but the other two idiots just took the piss and i believe one is a moderator of the bugs section telling me i should buy a legal version on the VST i was having trouble finding through ableton. All i did was download a vst to practice on and as far as im aware its a kosher vst.

The other prick told me to read a manual. I mean, how fucking rude. I thought this 'community' Forum was to share ideas, music and HELP each other, not make new users feel like idiots for asking simple questions. I'm starting to think i should have bought different software all together.
Dude, this forum is brutal. You gotta get a bit more edge on you. There's wolves in these here woods!

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:47 pm

Welcome! You'll find tons of help here, but nobody's gonna spoon-feed you. There ARE plenty of assholes here. You'll figure out who they are pretty quickly, and can ignore them if you like.

There are no moderators on this forum. That's one of the great things about it.

I personally would never let a forum dictate whether or not I buy anything!
Last edited by hambone1 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:48 pm

pbasonuk

Post by pbasonuk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:48 pm

Look, Its fustrating enough reading THE MANUAL and trying every route possible and the bloody things doesnt work without being told to read the manual again.

I'm seeing red, sorry if im letting off steam but this is turning into a joke.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:50 pm

Okay, I was curious and read several of your past posts and responses. Actually, I think people have been pretty cool towards you in other threads. WTF, man? So some guys are giving you a little shit...big deal.

I'm telling ya, and I'm telling ya now.

Backbone.

Get one.

Fast.

Apple's Logic is waiting just in case... Everyone on Logic forums is pretty much a complete sissy.

pbasonuk

Post by pbasonuk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:50 pm

Now I feel like a dick.

Maybe i should have had a look around the forums a bit more for a feel of the place first. but im sure most have you have been in my shoes at some point.

Rant over, im going to bed with a cup of cocoa and an angry wank. (without my fuckin ableton manual).

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:52 pm

pbasonuk wrote:Now I feel like a dick.

Maybe i should have had a look around the forums a bit more for a feel of the place first. but im sure most have you have been in my shoes at some point.

Rant over, im going to bed with a cup of cocoa and an angry wank. (without my fuckin ableton manual).
Angry wank. Haha. I like that bit. See dude, THAT's good shit. You should have told everyone in that other thread to fuck off, I'm leaving for an angry wank, and I'll come back tomorrow with free coffee and rolls for the first person that helps me out..

BAKOY_MUSIC

Post by BAKOY_MUSIC » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:57 pm

should be included in the emocions pack
feel free to copy/paste mr ableton

btw, for the noob, there was a forum where the guy tells the other to go <eat a bag of shit>, pretty cool stuff, hey ?
codex alimentarius is coming soon
MBP CD1 1.83Ghz 2G RAM, KORG49, MOTU TRAVELER

pbasonuk

Post by pbasonuk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:58 pm

. You should have told everyone in that other thread to fuck off

Hmmm.

Thought there may be some sort of newbie etiquate (sp) otherwise, yes, i would have told them to cunt right off.

night.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:14 pm

It's ETIQUETTE you illiterate bastard fuckoff. No wonder you're having a hard time reading the fucking manual, dumbass.

:wink:
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:42 pm

This forum has some amazing people who can help a lot, but I gotta say dude, reading the manual is a kind of a pre-requisite for help at any forum.

I own various other software and the RTFM response is always going to be levelled at you by some smartass with nothing better to do than type RTFM, some people actually LIVE for moments like this 'Aha, another newbie to bash with an RTFM. mwahahahaha'.

Go anywhere you like, you'll get that response. The amount of good people in the world is overshadowed by self-loathing, self centred jerks who think that writing RTFM makes them look intelligent....

And more to the point ... what were the 3 questions you wanted answering anyway, there would have been people here would have tried to help you as well as those 'wolves' in the forum.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:45 pm

it's an outrage , an outrage I tell you!!!11!!

I have seen some terrible things on this forum it really is a disgrace!!

the moderator called titbag is the worst, followed closely by the moderator called bounce. I can't believe Ableton would actually pay moderators like these to insult me and call me gullible!!

Furthermore I think the implication that someone would download cracked software or read the manual is wrong wrong wrong and will not be tolerated while I am the moderator of this forum.

If this silliness does not stop I shall throw my tiara on the floor and that will show you all!

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:50 pm

I was probably the one he was referring to...

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89152

I don't moderate these forums. I do moderate over at the NI forums, though. From the sounds of it he downloaded Battery 1. Now, there isn't a legal version of that available for download;

a) the only downloadable version was the demo, and
b) the Battery 1 demo hasn't been available since 2004, when Battery 2 came out.

He says he was downloading free software; Battery's never been free.

I don't condone software theft in any circumstance, and I definitely don't condone it when it deals with a company I'm in some way associated with. I've gotten to know most of the people over at NI over the last few years; I consider them friends. I don't like people ripping off friends of mine...

Lecture over.
ew