analog sequencer thingy for live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
swishniak

analog sequencer thingy for live?

Post by swishniak » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:57 pm

was just messing around with the NI guitar rig demo and had alot of fun with the Analog Sequencer effect. (" ...generates 16 sequential control signals, which can have
rhythmic values of quarter notes to 1/32nd notes.") hooking this up to other effects produces some really nice rhythmic information.

is there an effect (3rd party?), or a way to do this nicely in Live 6? I could imagine using an envelope to create control signals, but not sure how to get this running on an audio track so the incoming signal is affected (not a pre-recorded clip).

thanks in advance.

chrisedmo

Post by chrisedmo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:00 pm

If i understand what you mean, i think ableton's Auto Filter will be your friend..
Macbook 1.83ghz. Ableton Live 8 :-). Guitars and keys and retro sh*t.
http://www.myspace.com/banquetmusic

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:19 pm

hmm - sorta - but it only acts as a filter whereas you can link up a sequencer to whatever effect on the rack (distortion / eq / whatev).

Winston

Post by Winston » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Have you ever used dummy clips?

That's a good way to go for that sort of effect using only live components. Make a little clip with a bit of silence and put whatever effects you want to control on that track. Then route your input audio track that your monitoring (ex. live guitar or whatever) to this audio track with the silence clip. Now you can draw clip automation to control the effects like a step sequencer and have it affect your input audio.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:58 pm

ahah - that seems like the thing im looking for - thanks.

had seen that term around - but never did the research.

chrisedmo

Post by chrisedmo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:05 pm

swishniak wrote:ahah - that seems like the thing im looking for - thanks.

had seen that term around - but never did the research.
All you need to know: http://www.covops.org/index.php/Tips-an ... sited.html
Macbook 1.83ghz. Ableton Live 8 :-). Guitars and keys and retro sh*t.
http://www.myspace.com/banquetmusic

tylenol

Re: analog sequencer thingy for live?

Post by tylenol » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:23 pm

swishniak wrote:was just messing around with the NI guitar rig demo and had alot of fun with the Analog Sequencer effect. (" ...generates 16 sequential control signals, which can have
rhythmic values of quarter notes to 1/32nd notes.") hooking this up to other effects produces some really nice rhythmic information.

is there an effect (3rd party?), or a way to do this nicely in Live 6? I could imagine using an envelope to create control signals, but not sure how to get this running on an audio track so the incoming signal is affected (not a pre-recorded clip).

thanks in advance.
Rewire to Numerology? (mac only)

Johnisfaster

Re: analog sequencer thingy for live?

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:29 pm

tylenol wrote:
swishniak wrote:was just messing around with the NI guitar rig demo and had alot of fun with the Analog Sequencer effect. (" ...generates 16 sequential control signals, which can have

thanks in advance.
Rewire to Numerology? (mac only)
+1
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.