X-Session Pro MIDI Mapping Problem: Must Press Buttons Twice

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Destro

X-Session Pro MIDI Mapping Problem: Must Press Buttons Twice

Post by Destro » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:53 pm

Recently purchased m-audio's x-session pro and it works fine except the buttons have to be pressed TWICE to have any effect. For example, if I map the cue button on the x-session pro to the cue button on Live, I would have to press it twice to activate it. Would really appreciate it if you guys could help. Thanks!

blastique

Post by blastique » Thu May 01, 2008 5:17 pm

This could be because ableton has mapped a note-on message to that particular assignment, as your controller may be sending out a note-on (eg velocity 127) when you press it once, and a note-off (or velocity 0) when you press it the second time. As such, the mapped ableton control would only respond to every alternate press.

Perhaps grab the new version of enigma from the m-audio website and have a tinker with the button assignments. I suggest changing them from note's (as what they are set at the factory by default) to CC's.

Have you got MIDI OX (PC) or ittybittymidi (OS X)? They help to monitor what kind of messages are coming out of your hooked-up midi gear :)
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique

Destro

Thanks!

Post by Destro » Thu May 01, 2008 7:34 pm

Thanks blastique! That was EXACTLY what I needed to know. I set the MSB and LSB on Enigma both to 127 and now it works fine - one press ON, one press OFF. Thanks again! :D

blastique

Post by blastique » Fri May 02, 2008 5:45 am

No worries mate! :)

Did you try having a go at changing the mode to CC? I had a fiddle for a couple of minutes, had troubles with that and gave up lol
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique