::Ableton New Product Speculation Thread::

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri May 02, 2008 6:15 pm

I predict more side chain opportunities between devices, and not just the vocoder.

I also predict frequency to midi translation for live, internal and external manpulation.

Oh, wait. Are these my feature requests? Hmm.

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Sat May 03, 2008 2:34 am

I'm willing to bet they still wont have support for more than 128 vst parameters

Renan

Post by Renan » Sun May 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Oh let's see..

I bet that:

There won't be any way of working with groups, subgroups, bussinng in the traditional *CORRECT* way, or neither folder tracks.

there won't be any way to group faders to make one faders control all the group.

The Elastique Pro Algorithm has been updated to version 2.0 now but i guess it won't be implementeded till Ableton 10?

I guess they'll never put an EQ on each each channel (mainly low cut/hi-pass) so you don't have to use VSTS to do such simple basic tasks. and the same thing for dynamics too, some basic dynamics processing alongside the EQ.

There'll never be panning laws.

That's *some* of the things that are making me switch to Sonar 7.0.
"If jimmi hendrix was still alive, he'd be making acid tackno!"

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sun May 04, 2008 2:47 pm

There won't be any way of working with groups, subgroups, bussinng in the traditional *CORRECT* way, or neither folder tracks.
Live's way of handling track routing is superior to everyone else's way of doing it. There's nothing that needs changing. IMHO.
there won't be any way to group faders to make one faders control all the group.
That's why you buss things..
Renan wrote:I guess they'll never put an EQ on each each channel (mainly low cut/hi-pass) so you don't have to use VSTS to do such simple basic tasks. and the same thing for dynamics too, some basic dynamics processing alongside the EQ.
What is it you think it would accomplish to hardwire an EQ or compressor into the signal path as opposed to letting people choose whichever one they want? I honestly don't understand this proposal, except for people who want all mixers to look and behave like analogue mixers. If that's how you feel, Sonar is probably better for you.

[art]

Post by [art] » Mon May 26, 2008 12:26 pm

i heard on the grapevine we may see something from 74/ableton within months.

my own guesses are an av ableton. pushing it into more of a live av realm. being able to trigger .mov's etc, linking syncing to sound files..., effects etc...

the other thing i guess is like an ability to buiild your own live effects and instruments... probably launched with a swap community database kinda thing. so that vocoder clip someone built in a video could be an example. its not something you can buy, just something you can build and swap between uses who own the 74 version.

just guesses but

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon May 26, 2008 12:56 pm

[art] wrote:i heard on the grapevine we may see something from 74/ableton within months.
Its already been about 15 months. You wont hear a peep before Pluggo 4 is released.
Which is probably gonna take a few months.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon May 26, 2008 12:57 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
[art] wrote:i heard on the grapevine we may see something from 74/ableton within months.
Its already been about 15 months. You wont hear a peep before Pluggo 4 is released.
why not?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon May 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Machinate wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:
why not?
Because there are only so many programmers at Cycling. They have yet to release the Max 5 runtime. Let alone pluggo..
Been waiting for the runtime to come available so I can share some utilities :)

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon May 26, 2008 2:13 pm

but I mean, how do you know that resources for the Cycling/Ableton collaboration isn't codesharing with Ableton doing the leg work, and how do you know that pluggo is a higher priority? It just seems like an awful lot of assumptions.

Here's the deal: We . don't. know ;)

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon May 26, 2008 2:57 pm

I just wish they had teamed up with Celemony. We could shure use some of their DNA instead. :roll:
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon May 26, 2008 3:21 pm

hoffman2k wrote:They have yet to release the Max 5 runtime.
Why haven't they made a standalone runtime download? It's included in the full download so I'm puzzled as to what the holdup is.
Unsound Designer

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon May 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Machinate wrote:but I mean, how do you know that resources for the Cycling/Ableton collaboration isn't codesharing with Ableton doing the leg work, and how do you know that pluggo is a higher priority? It just seems like an awful lot of assumptions.

Here's the deal: We . don't. know ;)
I hear voices... And for some strange reason I have "Alouette" running on a constant loop in my mind...
For me, those are enough facts to go on.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon May 26, 2008 3:25 pm

stringtapper wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:They have yet to release the Max 5 runtime.
Why haven't they made a standalone runtime download? It's included in the full download so I'm puzzled as to what the holdup is.
Same here. Dunno what the holdup is.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon May 26, 2008 3:39 pm

hoffman2k wrote:...for some strange reason I have "Alouette" running on a constant loop in my mind...
Try sending a "0" message to the [sfplay~]. That should turn it off. 8)
Unsound Designer

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon May 26, 2008 4:51 pm

stringtapper wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:...for some strange reason I have "Alouette" running on a constant loop in my mind...
Try sending a "0" message to the [sfplay~]. That should turn it off. 8)
Bah, only newbs use sfplay~!

Big boys send [clear] to [buffer~] ;)
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.