Kill 10 minutes here if you are bored off your gord.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sublimelobc

Kill 10 minutes here if you are bored off your gord.

Post by sublimelobc » Tue May 13, 2008 8:30 pm

For the incredibly bored I offer to kill 10 minutes of your time. (this is probably the most appropriate forum to find somebody needing to kill some time) Any readily available mood enhancer would be totally appropriate. You will be listening to the least marketable and most time consuming song idea I've ever had.

This song was quite a challenge to make, it started with a moderate length poem/story I had written a while back and after doing the best i could to shorten it....ended up with a song 10 minutes long. It is an alt/progressive rock/trippy beast of a song.

It isn't easy to keep a song going somewhere for that long! For those brave enough to listen to it, I promise it speeds up if you keep listening.

"Stranger Things" - Ryan Henke
Here's the link: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6539803

three

Post by three » Tue May 13, 2008 8:51 pm

just listened to it and it's really not bad. now where's the live set as a download so i can remix it?

three

Post by three » Tue May 13, 2008 9:32 pm

three wrote:just listened to it and it's really not bad. now where's the live set as a download so i can remix it?
i actually just listened to it again, and it's gotten stuck in my head. that's a good thing.

kudos mate

chris

sublimelobc

Post by sublimelobc » Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Chris- Thanks for your comments. After spending much more time on this than other songs it's hard for me to think about the song objectively. Just the fact that you listened to it twice totally makes my day! I'm trying to finish up a few loose ends and wrap up the "one man band" project album I have been working on...after that I'm going to attempt to figure out a way to pull off a live version of my one man band....see if it can be done in a way that keeps it improvisational enough to entertain people.

Anyways, thanks again for taking the time to listen. Regarding a live set for the song...that isn't something I'm very familiar with, right now I've just got it set up in the arrangement I composed and recorded it in....which has a bunch of takes and unused tracks that would probably make it a huge live set. When I begin setting up to try and perform I will be chopping things down to just the essentials....maybe then it would be possible to export a live set for you.

Take care and thanks again!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:01 pm

That's like the weirdest eeriest thing I've heard in a long time.

I like it. I started reading the lyrics along with the song. It got my attention. It's original.

Good Job Man!!!!!!!!!
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

three

Post by three » Tue May 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Well, glad I could make someone's day!

I'm actually still listening to your sound, on Running Away right now, enjoying the album a lot actually.

(Hey! Other people that read this post! Check his stuff out, it's got a pretty fresh sound)

If you want to save-a-copy of the live set and just remove the tracks that are not on the mixdown i'd love to take a look under the hood. you never know for sure whethere there's a good remix hiding in the track till you get a bit deeper in the mechanics of the song, but i'd like to deconstruct and see if something cool comes out the other end.

chris

3dot...

Re: Kill 10 minutes here if you are bored off your gord.

Post by 3dot... » Tue May 13, 2008 11:12 pm

sublimelobc wrote:(this is probably the most appropriate forum to find somebody needing to kill some time)
"Stranger Things" - Ryan Henke
Here's the link: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6539803
...Fuck ya if you think wer'e desperate ! :x

sublimelobc

Post by sublimelobc » Tue May 13, 2008 11:27 pm

3dot- Now THERE is the Live forum reply I expected, way to represent!

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue May 13, 2008 11:28 pm

sublimelobc wrote:3dot- Now THERE is the Live forum reply I expected, way to represent!
...we R r'nt we? :(

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue May 13, 2008 11:33 pm

I'm jsut drung don't mind me

sublimelobc

Post by sublimelobc » Wed May 14, 2008 8:44 pm

3dot- Hey, no need to explain or excuse. I find the best ideas for original material come inspired by the insane, drunk (or drung) and the like. ;)

chalkline

Post by chalkline » Wed May 14, 2008 10:50 pm

I really like it, love the vocal, nice voice mate.
Have to agree with three wheres the files to remix it!