Touch screen software interface?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
abort

Touch screen software interface?

Post by abort » Wed May 14, 2008 1:52 am

I'm looking for a touch screen software interface, besides max msp. I had looked at something a few years ago. but I can't seem to find it, I saw it in some DIY you tube thing. I'm looking for free applications.

Any thoughts!

three

Post by three » Wed May 14, 2008 2:48 am

What kind of an interface exactly? Are you touching the screen or it it touching you?

Touchscreens haven't been around for all that many years, and certainly not affordable.

you're probably looking for this guy http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php ... you maybe saw a somewhat outlandish icelandic woman with a name that sounds like either a moose or a natural rock formation using one on stage?

this was interestingly enough the first google hit for "mixer touchscreen" and the second for "midi touchscreen" ... if you buy one get me one too. or i'll trade you my novation controller.

abort

Post by abort » Wed May 14, 2008 7:14 am

Umm I'm touching it. Thanks for the few links you were able to conjure up. That lemur stuff kinda goes along with the "max". Well I don't have 600 dollars to trow away on more music junk, I got enough as it is. I just have this older touch screen given to me from some server rack, the guy just wanted newer ones so I got the older ones.

Trying to find out if anyone uses older touch screens for an interface for ableton or maybe some other sequencer type thing. Looking for free software that would work just as good as the $600 max dsp unit.

I'm kinda thrifty I know.

three

Post by three » Wed May 14, 2008 8:13 am

ah, now i understand. you already have a touchscreen. I thought by "touch screen software interface" you meant you were looking for a hardware interface.

I think you might enjoy supercollider.

Nod

Re: Touch screen software interface?

Post by Nod » Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 am

abort wrote:I'm looking for a touch screen software interface, besides max msp. I had looked at something a few years ago. but I can't seem to find it, I saw it in some DIY you tube thing. I'm looking for free applications. Any thoughts!
http://www.monotouchlive.com/ :?:

abort

Post by abort » Wed May 14, 2008 9:19 am

Thanks Three for that last link, I was crossing my fingers on finding that program in a windows app. sorceforge had it.

Nod, I did download the monotouchlive demo, seems to work aright. It came with a .als file and was easy to link cc's with ableton. I'll get the full version when my girl friend ain't looking. :P

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri May 30, 2008 10:06 am

Abort i make the software free forever and back to work in the software for add more features very soon, im little complicated with lot of gigs this 2008 ! :P but soon i make the software forever free so you not have to pay for that.
Its my finall determination, i never really want make money with MTL so i plain make forever free and back to work on the software sap have time.

The only condition for make free the software is in some moment just sendme pictures of setups and videos for make gallery in the webpage, and review of users for make public in the webpage.

Best regards.