Bug fix update Live 7.0.7 is available!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:26 pm

they should give the 7 owners a free upgrade to 8 like they did with the 6 owners.
esp after all the buggy probs i have had with 7.

or better yet

one thing i love about Rain and FL, they give you the upgrades for free for using their software.

then maybe more people would be interested in their add ons and instruments.

just my .02
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

Semuta

Session view record weirdness with 7.0.7

Post by Semuta » Fri May 16, 2008 6:21 pm

I installed 7.0.7 last night, and all seems well... mostly. The thing that I noticed in .7 that I did not see in .5 is that for whatever reason, on my rig, when recording audio into a session slot, everything will freeze for nearly two bars. This isn't unworkable, as it is in fact recording, and although the interface is frozen, playback continues without issue.

Thanks,

XP SP2, 7.0.7, Presonus Firestudio, Sync provided by Machinedrum (33ms offset)

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri May 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Oh thank god you didn't add mouse-wheel zooming or automation point numerical editing.

/end ingrate

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:55 pm

mouse wheel zoom...

that would be nice
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri May 16, 2008 10:00 pm

Call me Superstitious... but I'm sticking with .02 I don't like all these odd numbered "updates". :D
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Sat May 17, 2008 1:31 am

dphouse84 wrote:they should give the 7 owners a free upgrade to 8 like they did with the 6 owners.

or better yet

one thing i love about Rain and FL, they give you the upgrades for free for using their software.

just my .02
i didn't know Abes id that. i guess i'm good then since i bought Live 7 suite

chrisedmo

Post by chrisedmo » Sat May 17, 2008 1:51 pm

DjViral wrote:
dphouse84 wrote:they should give the 7 owners a free upgrade to 8 like they did with the 6 owners.

or better yet

just my .02
i didn't know Abes id that. i guess i'm good then since i bought Live 7 suite
I think that was only if you bought L6 like two weeks or a month before L7 came out..
Macbook 1.83ghz. Ableton Live 8 :-). Guitars and keys and retro sh*t.
http://www.myspace.com/banquetmusic

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Sat May 17, 2008 6:18 pm

chrisedmo wrote:
DjViral wrote:
dphouse84 wrote:only if you bought L6 like two weeks or a month before L7 came out..
iunno about you but it feels like only a month lol.

Froschfinger

Post by Froschfinger » Sat May 17, 2008 10:28 pm

For a word. You freaks talk about such an 8 version where none seems in sight for me. Did I miss something and are plans for a fresh version already set/said?
If not, why are you then bitching about a hypothetic software release and the related marketing strategies of Ableton?
But what's the use in that
When you lie?

jamester

Post by jamester » Sun May 18, 2008 7:18 am

Froschfinger wrote: Did I miss something and are plans for a fresh version already set/said?
Unless I'm mistaken, there's been a new version every year for the past six years. If that's the case, then it's not wholly unreasonable to speculate on an upcoming version later this year even if there hasn't been an official anouncement.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

Froschfinger

Post by Froschfinger » Sun May 18, 2008 7:25 am

Nevertheless. People going crazy because of something not even visible at the horizon is weird. Apart from bugfixes, is it - as a whole - to be expected that you get free updates on the software you bought with true feature enhancements? I am just asking, Live was one of my first software pieces ever bought. I'd think that when buying the 7.x version you're just receiving bug fix updates until there's an 8 version with new features.
When you lie?

jamester

Post by jamester » Sun May 18, 2008 7:37 am

Froschfinger wrote: Apart from bugfixes, is it - as a whole - to be expected that you get free updates on the software you bought with true feature enhancements?
It is usually expected (though certainly not guaranteed) that companies will give free upgrades to those who have purchased the previous version just before the new release. Usually a month or less, but again it all depends on the company. This is what's being referred to here with Ableton, as someone has already pointed out. Beyond that, exisiting users usually get a sizeable discount to upgrade to the new release.

As for Ableton this only relates to "new number" releases, not "point releases" which are incremental bugfixes and such (as you say), and are not charged for.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

Froschfinger

Post by Froschfinger » Sun May 18, 2008 7:43 am

Well, I'd truly love a lifetime upgrade option for Live if there was one. I'd even take it for free if I had to. I also like the Fruity concept - you say once and receive updates forever. Not only bugfixes. Have there been true extensions of features on older upgrades within a version life of Live (e.g. 6.x)?

Edit: say once is fine as well, but I meant to say 'pay once'. Thank you for your understanding:).
When you lie?

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon May 19, 2008 2:41 pm

Well I'm not naive enough to expect Ableton to give away future versions for free but... meanwhile...

I took the plunge and installed 7.0.7 and I think we got lucky! This bugfix appears to be much more stable. Amplitube 2 would occasionally crash previous versions but this one seems to handle it with ease... so far.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon May 19, 2008 4:15 pm

i gladly would of paided $800+ for this update