(OT) Alex Jones money bomb! Help out people!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:23 pm

You're right, Alex does open a lot of people to thinking about a bigger picture. I have given copies of Terrorstorm to people, and would do so again. I just wish he was more discriminating sometimes.

I highly recommend Ron Paul's book "Revolution : A Manifesto"....very informative and deep thinking book about key points such as economic freedom, the Constitution, civil and personal rights, and some other issues.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:35 pm

ethios4 wrote:You're right, Alex does open a lot of people to thinking about a bigger picture. I have given copies of Terrorstorm to people, and would do so again. I just wish he was more discriminating sometimes.

I highly recommend Ron Paul's book "Revolution : A Manifesto"....very informative and deep thinking book about key points such as economic freedom, the Constitution, civil and personal rights, and some other issues.
Finally, someone! :lol: Be prepared to be ridiculed and called a retard. So what do you mean Alex should be more discriminating? At who or what? Yeah I do want to get my hands on that book and check it out.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 pm

He should be more discriminating in his tactics and his sources, IMO. He blows lots of stuff way out of proportion, often resorting to emotional manipulation tactics instead of logic (ie name calling, invoking ultimate doom scenarios, shouting, etc). Many articles on his site purposely obscure and skew the presentation of information to steer you directly towards the conclusion they intend for you. And yet they complain about the propaganda tactics of the media.

For example, I read an article about how Obama supports a bill that would lead to the UN seizing American's guns, and impose a global tax that Americans would have to pay. Upon doing my own research I learned that the bill does no such thing. The bill does encourage the US to abide by the Millennium Peace declaration of the UN, but has no teeth to enforce this. That declaration involves a commitment to try to stop illicit arms trade, which is where the "seizing Americans' guns" part came from. Of course we would seek to stop illicit arms trade, but that has nothing to do with taking away the right to bear arms in America.

So, rather than write an article educating people about the globalist leanings of Obama's political philosophies (although not specifically about Obama, Dr. Paul's book does a very good job educating about sovereignty vs globalism, etc) Alex Jones's infowars writes up a manipulative article aimed at painting Obama as wanting to seize guns and institute global taxes, leaving any gullible readers to conclusions that are non sustainable because they are not true.

(Here's an example of a globalist position, written by the Chair of the CFR, Richard Haass)

Also, it's worth mentioning that Alex has been predicting the same imminent catastrophe stuff for a really long time now. He said Y2K would be a turning point, he said Soviets were firing nuclear missiles at us on 12/31/99. The signal-to-noise ratio is just too shabby. It's like he is on maximum volume at all times, so he ends up with little credibility.

I have known many people that get awakened by Alex Jones, really want to do something about these problems, then get so paranoid about the endless conspiracy crap that they don't want to do anything about it because they're terrified of the secret police breaking in their door. After a while, they get disempowered and disillusioned with the whole thing and go back to where they started, although much more paranoid and cynical than before.

I think Alex Jones would serve much better without the sensationalism, and really working hard to educate people with just facts about these problems, and also educate people on what can be done about it.

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:50 pm

ethios4 wrote: I have known many people that get awakened by Alex Jones, really want to do something about these problems, then get so paranoid about the endless conspiracy crap that they don't want to do anything about it because they're terrified of the secret police breaking in their door. After a while, they get disempowered and disillusioned with the whole thing and go back to where they started, although much more paranoid and cynical than before.
So then, it seems that particular tactic of the NWO seems to be working then. :wink:
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

D K

Post by D K » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 pm

anyone got one of those epic fail images to post?

solovox

Post by solovox » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:30 am

liveISlife wrote:Well before i listened to Alex I knew pretty much nothing about politics or the economy
I think this is the key point here.
Live Show Rig: MacBook Pro, 2.3ghz Intel i7, 16GB RAM, Motu Ultralite

Desktop Rig: 8 core Xeon, 20 gig RAM, RAID 0 drives, Zoom LiveTrak L-8, Windows 10

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:05 am

Twats. =P

thesmallisbeautiful

Post by thesmallisbeautiful » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:16 am

solovox wrote:
liveISlife wrote:Well before i listened to Alex I knew pretty much nothing about politics or the economy
I couldn't agree more.

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:34 am

ethios4 wrote:
smutek wrote:I wouldn't give money to Alex Jones. He's like the Bill O'Reilly of the left.
Now that's an interesting statement. Why do you call Alex Jones "left"? He is very much far-right, in the libertarian sense. Anyone who is against the current administration muse be "left"?
Good point. I didn't put much thought into the statement. I suppose I did automatically characterize him as being left because he is anti-administration, the truth is I know nothing about the mans politics. He's too sensationalist and rhetorical for me, immediately turns me off.

As for me, I generally stop here on the regular:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/

And my personal hero is Robert Fisk, of the Independent.

funknotik

Post by funknotik » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:45 am

thesmallisbeautiful wrote:
solovox wrote:
I couldn't agree more.
This forum is awesome, I love the shit that goes on here. You can learn so much just by making a couple posts, and asking some question, or just by browsing the tips and tricks section. Then you have the comedy thread commonly known as "general," when you want some inspiration! Seriously guys thank you, that shit was hilarious. Man I am loling....wow!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

By the way I've met alot of people who start reading Alex Jones and end up all David Icke. It's fucking scary, they become zombies and start quoting the matrix like it was real. I suggest you read Noam Chomsky instead of Alex Jones, I'm sure everyone will agree thats a better choice even if they don't like chomsky.
Two technics 1210 turntables, alot of guitars, 2gig Sony vgz fz290, 2gig frankenstein pc, mbox, ableton, flstudio, recycle, the infinity gauntlet, and alot of spare time..

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:49 am

funknotik wrote:I suggest you read Noam Chomsky instead of Alex Jones, I'm sure everyone will agree thats a better choice even if they don't like chomsky.
truth :!:

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:01 am

smutek wrote:
funknotik wrote:I suggest you read Noam Chomsky instead of Alex Jones, I'm sure everyone will agree thats a better choice even if they don't like chomsky.
truth :!:
sure..
But where is the fun in that??
The guy is dry as a bone.
Alex, on the other hand, is a bout as funny as a barrel of monkey's.
As for David Eike..
God in heaven!!.. where would be with out him???
You know prince william is the anti christ... right???
You do know that don't you???
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:03 am

All depends on what your seeking.

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:10 am

smutek wrote:All depends on what your seeking.
THE TRUTH!!!

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:44 am

thesmallisbeautiful wrote:
solovox wrote:
I couldn't agree more.
Fuck you cock bastards.(Sorry, I'm to dumb and retarded to argue so I must resort to name calling)