DO NOT BUY ANY REFX PRODUCTS !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Electronathan

Post by Electronathan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:07 pm

Well, I'll just say hypothetically I'd terminate my cracked version of Vanguard if I could!
... but I don't have a cracked version of Vanguard..... (yes I do, f*uckers)... No, really I don't.... ((f*uckers!!))
I'm functioning in realtime.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:09 pm

morerecords wrote:Did anyone stop to think where Refx might be located? read the correspondence, he might not even be being rude at all, just FRENCH
ugly american are we?

The one french company I have plug ins from is Ohm Force, super nice people, and very friendly. They have a one time transfer policy, which I have to say as a business model is pretty smart. After transfer, the plug in is registered as NFR (not for resale).

Other good companies for plug ins:

Uh-He
Waldorf
Propellerheads
Ableton

Honorable mention:
NI - bugs and all, good support via phone. Probably the most likely to admit when a bug is their fault, which is a big +1 IMO.

Cycling 74 - license not transferable, and sometimes up to 48 hours to activate the PACE system they use on a new machine, but really responsive customer support in general.

Audio Ease- One authorization per license, but if you have a laptop + desktop etc. and used challange response / PACE it's a matter of seconds to activate and de-activate the license. I'm not sure about license transfers, but who would want to?

Honestly though it bothers me that there are these issues at all. ten or so years ago when I was using cracked software these issues were the biggest excuse to do it, that so many companies actually sometimes make it harder to be a legitimate paying customer.

:roll:

Electronathan

Post by Electronathan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:11 pm

if only they made $20 skins for Vanguard maybe then I'd consider the licensee...
then again, I hear '90's trance is, well, so '90s
I'm functioning in realtime.

rlahalla

Post by rlahalla » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:31 pm

Sorry to hear about your encounter with Satan. Michael is a cock. I've posted about this on my blog and also started a section to keep an eye on and inform potential customers of developers that display abuse towards people who purchase from them.

http://www.rlahalla.net/archives/61

Later,

bleepsnbreaks

Post by bleepsnbreaks » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:25 am

^

Thanks for that dude, the more coverage the better !
My Tracks on MySpace

Progressive Mix demo(not mixed in Live, mixed with CDJs)

17" Macbook pro 2.4 | Live 6 + Operator

Damon_Chambers

Post by Damon_Chambers » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:55 am

ive copied and pasted this thread link to two other forums. i suggest someone send the guy from reFX this thread to let him know how he has shot himself in the foot.

bleepsnbreaks

Heres the response

Post by bleepsnbreaks » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:48 am

Hey guys, this is the response I just got from Michael Hartmann to sending him the link to this thread:

"Michael Hartmann

Posted On: 04 Jun 2008 02:07 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There is No Such Thing as Bad Publicity". "

What a c0ckbag... I am pretty sure that thousands of views by potential consumers of your product on a forum with loads of people bagging your service and products cant be good for your sales.

He is just highlighting how much of a douche he is.

Gonna see if maybe I can get something in Computer Music, just in the letters section and Im sending this link to CreateDigitalMusic aswell....
My Tracks on MySpace

Progressive Mix demo(not mixed in Live, mixed with CDJs)

17" Macbook pro 2.4 | Live 6 + Operator

darthstephen

Re: Heres the response

Post by darthstephen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:38 am

bleepsnbreaks wrote: "There is No Such Thing as Bad Publicity". "
yes there is... :evil:

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:48 am

Let's keep in mind that this guy has some pretty heavy hitters in his bag.

Timbaland, Danjahandz, The Underdogs, and countless Eurodance producers included if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not defending him one bit. Just saying...that's probably why he doesn't give a shit about the little guy.
Whatever Doesn't Kill You, Only Makes You Stranger.

thefool

Post by thefool » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:26 am

Jean michelle jarre bought a copy of nexus. Michael didn't even refuse the possibility to ask him to do an expansion! I remember we talked about that with him.

And yes countless eurodance producers. And trance producers for that sake. Van Buuren etc..

But that doesn't mean he shouldn't give shit about the little guy. But this isn't the case :/

As mentioned before. Ohm Force are both french and actually super nice people. I talked a lot with them while i tried to get an educational discount (i got it), and i'll bet you a lot of your 'heavy hitters' use ohm force.
Last edited by thefool on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:41 am

Sleep Tyght wrote:Let's keep in mind that this guy has some pretty heavy hitters in his bag.

Timbaland, Danjahandz, The Underdogs, and countless Eurodance producers included if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not defending him one bit. Just saying...that's probably why he doesn't give a shit about the little guy.
oh well... he's lost my business at least.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:48 am

They lost me as a customer too. Pluss I will spread this info to all musicians I know in scandinavia. Which include bouth "top of the pops" and the "little guys". Im also friends with two vendors over here that would apreciate this info. They bouth sell a lot of ReFX software.

Another realy nice company: Karma FX

the shoe

Re: Heres the response

Post by the shoe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:10 pm

bleepsnbreaks wrote:Hey guys, this is the response I just got from Michael Hartmann to sending him the link to this thread:

"Michael Hartmann

Posted On: 04 Jun 2008 02:07 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There is No Such Thing as Bad Publicity". "

What a c0ckbag... I am pretty sure that thousands of views by potential consumers of your product on a forum with loads of people bagging your service and products cant be good for your sales.

He is just highlighting how much of a douche he is.

Gonna see if maybe I can get something in Computer Music, just in the letters section and Im sending this link to CreateDigitalMusic aswell....
like i said , likes to think he's oscar wilde. why would anybody buy anthing from this cunt. he seems to be sat there gloating that he has stolen your licence. any decent company would say, sorry you can't sell your licence and leave it at that. there is bad publicity and this is it. doesn't matter if you're a big or small fish your money is still the same.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:35 pm

refx crossed off my list along with NI. fucking shit heads

thefool

Post by thefool » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:57 pm

this is getting worse than KVR :roll:
there we had people commenting RefX without ever having talked with them...

i also have bad experiences with Urs who you just talk about here. Come on, if the original poster would have calmed down and thought a bit before writing the second he could still have his license. I think its getting a bit too late now with the complete 12 page trolling at kvr and 7 pages here..