DO NOT BUY ANY REFX PRODUCTS !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:18 am

b0unce wrote:if you like it up the ass, buy a refx VST.
b0unce's on it again :roll:

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:24 am

thefool wrote:reFX romplers/VSTs are for people who like it up their ass. Trance producers in otherwords. What I'm trying to say here is.... I like to fist my own shit pipe.
8O
spreader of butter

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:32 am

I swear i wrote that message to popslut in a PM. This board has some serious privacy issues :o :o

Stace

Post by Stace » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:54 am

nebulae wrote:nothing quite like an under-aged horse getting it on with the blonde vixen of your dreams...

Nice! :lol: :lol:

Thats it! I want a refund for all the cracked reFX I've downloaded!! 8O

(juuuuuuust kidding) :D
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything" --- William of Ockham (1285-1349)

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:04 am

refx seem like a shoddy company but a little birdy told me that evilevilevil uses refx for all his tarnce music...

i'd wager that thefool and evilevilevil are one and the same
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

mdk

Post by mdk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:12 pm

b0unce wrote:reFX seems like a good synth for trance
and i think this is the angle the reFX dude is taking, it amounts to building limited instruments that will attract beginners (ooh, it sounds like tarnce-act-X, it must be good). Then about a month later when they realise that *all it does* is sound like every other dime-a-dozen trance act the users will want to sell it for something else that you can actually do interesting things with. but you cant, so you're left with 2 options :

1. buy more expansion packs (and at 50 euros for 128 sounds, thats just madness..)
2. throw it in the bin.

of course it helps that the support forum is 'private' so you cant actually see what most people who own it have to say about it and you cant sound out a potential purchase with those most likely to have an informed opinion.

unlike here, where anyone can come along and say what they like.
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:42 pm

mdk wrote: unlike here, where anyone can come along and say what they like.
shit-pipe.
spreader of butter

mdk

Post by mdk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:56 pm

exactly, that probably just helped sell another 8 copies of EIC 2.
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:00 pm

thefool wrote:
NapalmBob wrote:Personally, I think both parties could've acted more mature.
Yeah, but if you really have to blame anyone i wouldn't blame it on RefX. Thats just my opinion, and thats why i feel like writing it here in the "lets all hate RefX" thread. Because IMHO there is no reason to.
That's rubbish. The bloke at RefX acted a jerk from the first email he sent back - terminating someone's license because he had the cheek to sell something he'd bought is just childish and immature. He then continued to go downhill with every further email he sent.

He seems to think he's getting loads of great free publicity, when in reality there is a thousand plus people who use music software that now think he and his company are a bunch of assholes and will bear that in mind when considering purchasing their products.

Any software company having a no sell on clause needs a reality check. With most software available easily for free via torrents you need to treat all your customers well. Or you're just encouraging them to go down the illegal route. I'm not saying that makes it right but that is the world that we live in today and you need to be realistic.

If RefX have any brain cells left they should be apologising to him and allowing the license transfer as a gesture of goodwill. Then by making sure everyone who's been reading this thread (here or on another forum) that they've finally done the right thing they'll negate the bad pr they've created for themselves. Can't see them doing it though.

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:53 pm

i'd wager that thefool and evilevilevil are one and the same
i wish i was :(
I miss him. The swedish uber producer (he looked swedish. At least he knew a lot of the swedish trance and that it does not use audio but midi. There IS no audio!)

amazing guy.

That's rubbish
no

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:17 am

jonny72 wrote:
thefool wrote:
NapalmBob wrote:Personally, I think both parties could've acted more mature.
Yeah, but if you really have to blame anyone i wouldn't blame it on RefX. Thats just my opinion, and thats why i feel like writing it here in the "lets all hate RefX" thread. Because IMHO there is no reason to.
That's rubbish. The bloke at RefX acted a jerk from the first email he sent back - terminating someone's license because he had the cheek to sell something he'd bought is just childish and immature. He then continued to go downhill with every further email he sent.

He seems to think he's getting loads of great free publicity, when in reality there is a thousand plus people who use music software that now think he and his company are a bunch of assholes and will bear that in mind when considering purchasing their products.

Any software company having a no sell on clause needs a reality check. With most software available easily for free via torrents you need to treat all your customers well. Or you're just encouraging them to go down the illegal route. I'm not saying that makes it right but that is the world that we live in today and you need to be realistic.

If RefX have any brain cells left they should be apologising to him and allowing the license transfer as a gesture of goodwill. Then by making sure everyone who's been reading this thread (here or on another forum) that they've finally done the right thing they'll negate the bad pr they've created for themselves. Can't see them doing it though.

+1 :wink:

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:51 am

Another shit company is Submersible. I've tried calling them and emailing them multiple times just to get them to unlock my copy of Drumcore and they won't do it. I got my 2 installs I guess, $150 per install. ASSHOLES.

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:09 am

OvertoneZero wrote:Another shit company is Submersible. I've tried calling them and emailing them multiple times just to get them to unlock my copy of Drumcore and they won't do it. I got my 2 installs I guess, $150 per install. ASSHOLES.
wow, really? i almost bought that... what's going on in the software world?

anyone know what other forums this refx problem has been posted at? i'd like to see what other communities are saying.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:21 am

They f*ck you at the drive-thru, okay? They f*ck you at the drive-thru, they know you're gonna be miles away, before you find out you got f*cked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets f*cked? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a f*ck! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?

thefool

Post by thefool » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 am

there was a few threads here and there, but much more mixed than here. A lot supported RefX