New lil wayne cd

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:27 pm

I''ve been recording a lot of new music so i plan on to post something soon, just for the heck of it.

That being said, I wouldn't expect someone who claims Lil Wayne is he best lyrical master to actually like it. I don't even produce hip-hop... I'm a house music producer. I'm just a fan of the genre and have spent nearly 20 years (and countless $) on apprecaiting the genre oly to hear clown like Lil Wayne get the recognition while real MC's like Talib Kweli or EL-P get little mainstream credit. H

Heck, even Canibus was a better lyricist than Lil Wayne!

lola

Post by lola » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
my $0.02, I like rap but not most of the stuff that comes out today, I totally don't get it. most anything circa 1990 strokes my funky bone.
I get you, from the same generation, but you should try to give this a listen:

j dilla :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ics37pIQa7Y&
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EH9HcnWLmVg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AYE4XYuy_EM

El p:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dNJFq6VjHJI

mdk

Post by mdk » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:38 pm

and dilla's donuts LP is brilliant, this has to be one of the best beats ever made in the history of hip hop

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DVb_W3GfQRk
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:11 pm

I you truly believe Lil Wayne is dope then you ought to give Philadelphia props for his newfound "lyrical talent".

That is all.

Oh yeah. I downloaded Carter 3. It's deleted. I'm a temporary thief at best.
Whatever Doesn't Kill You, Only Makes You Stranger.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:13 pm

lil bitch
spreader of butter

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:12 pm

thelike5

Hey, nothing personal, agree to disagree. When I said post a track, it was not an attempt to bash you. Because our opinions on the subject are so different, I was curious about your musical focus, that's all......and oh yeah Lil Wayne's really good.

CM

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:34 pm

cmreal04 wrote:thelike5

Hey, nothing personal, agree to disagree. When I said post a track, it was not an attempt to bash you. Because our opinions on the subject are so different, I was curious about your musical focus, that's all......and oh yeah Lil Wayne's really good.

CM
Fair enough. I suppose mainstream rappers need representing... even on this board...

telepathy51

Post by telepathy51 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:35 pm

its got some good production on it, can't deny that. "A Milli", "Phone Home", "Set This Thing On Fire", & "Misunderstood" are all great beats! I just don't think Wayne is as amazing as everyone says. People where saying this was the most anticipated hip hop album since "Doggystyle", thats just weird to me.
Hip Hop always speaks to the younger audience, maybe I'm just to the age where I'm grumpy & thinks all the new stuff is lacking skill, then again, maybe it is.

Lil Wayne does have some fun songs, but i would never place him in the top 20 lyricist, thats all I'm saying. Different strokes for different folks..
Ryzen 7, MSI B550 Tomahawk.
Ableton 11 Suite
Multiple basses.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:54 pm

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:57 pm

i see where you're at cmrealo4 but i'm confident that one day you'll stop going to your friends house with the guns and drugs, you'll want more out of your friends and you'll want more out of your music.

peace

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Jeezy like ta drank
Jeezy like ta smoke
Jeezy like to mix arm n hammer with is coke

I love gangsta rap - drug money, bitches, jewelry, cars, rims, paint jobs

love it

it's fun to listen to and I like the videos

can't say Lil Wayne is my favorite rapper though amongst my favorite gangsta rappers

it goes like this, my list

TI
E-40
Jeezy
BG
50 cent
Trick Daddy
Birdman
Lil Wayne
Ableton | Elektron

Music

funknotik

Post by funknotik » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:52 pm

starving student wrote:but wayne does suck and you do KnoW........!

i am black
i did grow up in the ghetto
and I don't feel apologetic about saying that that shit is bullshit.
it is the last thing that the ghetto needs, it's the last thing that anybody anywhere needs.

the way i see it is this, i agree with you you're not suppose to judge people, thats cool but the goodbook don't say nothin about people judging themselves. I don't need to judge little waynes shit cause little wayne has judged his own shit and everyone knows what it's about. now if your favorite politician lived his life like little wayne then everyone would be jumpin on their asses but when it comes to mf that rhymes we gotta get all mushy, fuck that. his type of art does nothin for my people, not my dark skinned people and not my light skinned people or any of my people inbetween so.............

we both know that thesmallisbeautiful is an intelligent dude, thats no reason to feel guilty about waynes garbage, if you did that you'd have to apply the same logic to the life you see out there in baltimore where you work, and you know that's some bullshit so just because you put it on a record don't mean it don't stink.

and i just thought it was funny how thesmallisbeautiful said that underground hiphop is for upper class white people when most of the people that spend cash on little wayne and the like are upper class white people, so i would say that means that little wayne is for upper class white folks since thats whos making him rich .so while they might not be bumpin imortal tech where he is, they are where i am, and they bump the other too they bump hiphop and rap music in los angeles. but really smutek if we don't let cops, and politicians get away with bringing down the community then why do we need to let rappers bring down the community, it just sounds funny style to me.

I agree with the above and I am going to sound bias, the reason is I was raised listening to good hip hop and going to bboy events every weekend. I grew up with paint stains on my hands and I attribute alot of my learning to hip hop music and culture. My influences are krs one, rakim, t la rock, edan, percee p, madlib, def jux, etc etc. I have never felt like I have to apologize for knowing my music is better than the bullshit on the radio. I am a music snob and an educated consumer. I will not listen to wack shit if it is not skillfully created. And yes there is CLEAR evidence to suggest sage francis is better than lil wayne. Even though he is not my favorite, if you cant tell he is better then you don't have any say in anything related to hip hop. You should not have to apologize for your position, Lil wayne is shit you know it and I can fucking prove it!!!
Two technics 1210 turntables, alot of guitars, 2gig Sony vgz fz290, 2gig frankenstein pc, mbox, ableton, flstudio, recycle, the infinity gauntlet, and alot of spare time..

Patch

Post by Patch » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:54 am

telepath51 wrote:...the most anticipated hip hop album since "Doggystyle",
Doggystyle signalled the beginning of the end for hip-hop. Since then hip-hop's credibility has suffered badly.

I miss hip-hop.

ScottFree

Post by ScottFree » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Lil Wayne's album was VERY disappointing.

He does have talent, but I was completely un-impressed by this album.

A much better "Gangsta" album that came out recently is Bun-B , II Trill.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:43 pm

starving student wrote:i see where you're at cmrealo4 but i'm confident that one day you'll stop going to your friends house with the guns and drugs, you'll want more out of your friends and you'll want more out of your music.

peace
+1