ATTENTION DJs. THIS is how you should behave on stage.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
landrvr1

ATTENTION DJs. THIS is how you should behave on stage.

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:53 pm

After watching this abortion from the other thread:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8G_pZ299YQE

I feel it is my duty to speak out now; lest all of you DJs fall into an oblivion from which not even I can save you.

This is how all of you should behave on stage FFS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXD6Gtinvbc

Look at those guys. Look at the Dignity for fuck's sake. The sheer will of composure. You'd all do well to take some lessons from the Masters. No head bobbing. No jumping about like you've got ants in your pants. No fuckin' about with Hoodies from the Gap. No bending over with your nose two inches from the fucking controls as if you're trying to read the Dictionary off a gnat's ass.

Dignity, people. A little self respect and Dignity.

Now Go. Go and Make Fools of Yourselves No More.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:56 pm

cross posted
landrvr1 wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:booooooring!! this is how it's done, Pitch Black
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyaVjft2WBY
these guys love what they do, and they do it well.

oh shit, I just made that into a new thread. Fast mofo, fast!

Okay, point taken. Pitch Black IS Pitch Black after all.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:01 pm

Gay

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:05 pm

oooh morerecords with the double troll fail combo, let's see how he scores.

23 out of a possible 100, you're improving.

btw is that how people in LA still talk? talk about 'gay'.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:24 pm

Too negative? sorry.

It seemed awfully over the top...

(I have never been to LA though...)

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:25 pm

Hey dumb quesiotn, and sorry to hijack a thread- how does eveyone post these photos? I want to post photo sometime... Is there a code or something? Please tell me-
thanks
MR

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:29 pm

where you at then?

find a picture, right click on it, "copy image location" then put it between these two delimiters

[img]the%20address%20of%20the%20picture%20goes%20here[/img]
.jpg, .gif and .png work, AFAIK.
Last edited by Tone Deft on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Well, I am on the road until Sept but I'm from NY : )

Thanks for the tip!

[img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8301/2584li5.jpg[/jpg]
Last edited by morerecords on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:15 pm

Ya know if that wasn't Kraftwerk a lot of people on here would be screaming at how boring and bored looking those guys are performing.

While I don't think DJs need to be making huge over exaggerated movements or piping in audio snippets that sound like shit, I think some DJ movement, grooving, and even the occasional bob of the head are good things. But maybe other people like it when the DJ looks like he's filing his taxes on stage.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:13 pm

maybe those dudes like wearing hoodies? maybe they like bobbing their heads cause their into what they're doing?

the crowd there voted and they thought it kicked ass.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

duluxdog

Post by duluxdog » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Long live alienation. Long live cold, heartless Europe. Anyone who writes a song about Hiroshima or Sellafield deserves a medal.
Last edited by duluxdog on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:30 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:maybe those dudes like wearing hoodies? maybe they like bobbing their heads cause their into what they're doing?

the crowd there voted and they thought it kicked ass.

Tolerance. Pfft. Overrated.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:51 am

I know some of you are angry about all of this, and I understand. But you're going to thank me later, trust me.

In fact, some of you may be too young to appreciate this, but my advice in this matter is kinda like an old yearbook photo. You know what I'm talking about. You look back to an old yearbook photo and think "Man, look at that hair and outfit. What the fuck was I thinking"? Don't you wish you could have had some kind of coach to guide you through that painful mistake that you didn't even realize you were making? Of course you do.

Well, that's why I'm here now. To save all of you DJs from yourselves. To grab you by the scruffs of your necks and say "Hey dudes. Stop fucking moving around like a retard. You're wife and kids and friends are going to watch videos of you doing your thing in about 20 years time, and you're going to be a laughing stock. The guys at that horrid suburban insurance company that you'll be wasting your life away in will never let you hear the end of it."

Remember DJs. I'm here to help. I'm here to listen. I'm here to advise.

I'm Here Because You're There.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:17 am

landrvr1 wrote:You're wife and kids and friends are going to watch videos of you doing your thing in about 20 years time, and you're going to be a laughing stock. The guys at that horrid suburban insurance company that you'll be wasting your life away in will never let you hear the end of it."
those were some of my best moments.

given the choice I will always act the fool over giving a shit about what others think, TBH it's only funnier after I got married, now I REALLY don't give a fuck, no ladies to impress.

rock out with your cock out!!
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

DjViral

Post by DjViral » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:35 am

why the hate against dj's dancing or bobbing heads to music. i do it. but i really like music and my body cant help it if it wants to dance. i say move how you want, do what you want, be whatever the fuck you wanna be. sure if you wanna be a drone, do that too, but don't hate on others because there different. imho that kratwerk was pretty boring but thats them and thats their act. wouldn't dj sets/clubs be really gay if all dj's just stood there like that. i know from experience that the crowd wants to see the dj pump them up whether it be with jumping around, hand signals, head bobbing, or just good music.