Fader Fox Question, a quick one

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
::mic-minimal::

Fader Fox Question, a quick one

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:10 am

regarding the Lv1 model, how much do you have to use your mouse in conjunction with the controller?

1. is it possible to select (not just highlight) whatever track you want to control ?

just trying to get an idea before i order one on how much i'd still need to use the mouse, and what for?

thanks.
for the love of Live

dominique

Re: Fader Fox Question, a quick one

Post by dominique » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:03 pm

::mic-minimal:: wrote:regarding the Lv1 model, how much do you have to use your mouse in conjunction with the controller?

1. is it possible to select (not just highlight) whatever track you want to control ?

just trying to get an idea before i order one on how much i'd still need to use the mouse, and what for?
You select tracks with the big knob at the top right. It's a good idea to get used to do it only like this because if you "interfere" with the mouse the controler "doesn't get it". A short push on the said knop brings you back to the selected channel.

So, if you have created a template that is hooked to all the controls in LIVE you want to access you won't need the mouse.

Let me know if can be of any further help.
Cheers,

d.
Toshiba Satellite Notebook, P M 1.6GHz , 1GB, WindowsXP SP2, Echo Indigo I/O, RME Multiface, RME RPM, Midisport 2x2, Faderfox LV1
---

ducktail

Post by ducktail » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:37 pm

If you hace the LX as well you can set one big knob to go left-right and the other to up-down

Duck
MBP 2.66 i7
Livid Code
APC 40
Korg Microkey
Motu Ultralite
Apogee Duet
Kapture Pad

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:54 pm

arrrrrgggghhhh! I want one of each soooo bad. Guess i need to make a friend in Europe.

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:05 am

hey thanks alot for the help, i'm definitely goin for the Lv1 or the dj one, maybe both, i think the limitations will produce some creative effects too.
for the love of Live

dominique

Post by dominique » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:56 am

::mic-minimal:: wrote:i'm definitely goin for the Lv1 or the dj one, maybe both, i think the limitations will produce some creative effects too.
Yes, the limitation, which is not so much limitation after all, can be good in a live situation. I'd suggest the LV1 together with LIVE. A lot of what you can do with the LX1 you also can do with an external mixer, too.

Good luck with your purchase :-)

d.
Toshiba Satellite Notebook, P M 1.6GHz , 1GB, WindowsXP SP2, Echo Indigo I/O, RME Multiface, RME RPM, Midisport 2x2, Faderfox LV1
---

MarkH

Post by MarkH » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:10 am

::mic-minimal:: wrote:hey thanks alot for the help, i'm definitely goin for the Lv1 or the dj one, maybe both, i think the limitations will produce some creative effects too.
You do know the guy selling them won't ship to the USA, right? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Accidents are the portal to discovery!

bod

Post by bod » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:22 am

thats cos they dont meet the usa's laws for electronic products or something. not just cos he's decided he doesnt like you all. :wink:

at a push, you could sweet talk some one in the EU to buy one and send it to you, but you'd be paying double shipping, and then you'd get stung for import duty in the usa.

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:29 am

yeah but i've got friends in faraway places, ...whats this duty tax shit though?...i can't just get some body to put it in a box and send the damn thing to me.?
for the love of Live

bod

Post by bod » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:41 am

well, here in the UK, if we import stuff from out side the EC, then we're liable for duty and vat, and i would imagine you will be aswell in the usa.

although our system sucks and if it comes by post then its not likely to get caught.

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:11 pm

hi dominique, i had one more q about the faderfox lv1 and dj1, how many buttons do they have for triggerring scenes and clips without having to reassign anything on the units?

and thanks again
for the love of Live

borg

Post by borg » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:29 pm

having it shipped with 'demo' or '2nd hand' written on the box usually works to get around taxes, but don't take it on me if anything goes wrong. :wink:
and if you do this, don't send it in the new shiny, no scratch box... :roll:
andy
2015 MBP, OSX 10.12, Live 10.1 64bit, RME Fireface 800

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:53 pm

bump
for the love of Live

dominique

Post by dominique » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:03 am

::mic-minimal:: wrote:hi dominique, i had one more q about the faderfox lv1 and dj1, how many buttons do they have for triggerring scenes and clips without having to reassign anything on the units?
Hi mic,

I just have the LV1. It has eight buttons at the bottom, as you propabely already know :-)

You can make these either control one track and thus start/stop play of the highlighted clip, mute, solo, rec-enable, choose "On/Aut/Off" and the crossfader assignment. You swipe through the tracks with the big button at the top right and quickly select tracks.

Or you can make them fire off whole scenes. That is eight scenes total.

Hope that helps,
d.
---

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:29 am

yeah it was, thanks again.
for the love of Live