SYLENTH 1..works a dream in Live 7...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rob lee

SYLENTH 1..works a dream in Live 7...

Post by rob lee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am

hi a guy recommended i try out sylenth 1 as i was looking for a new vst so i downloaded then bought it yesterday and i must say that it not only sounds amazing but when used in live 7 it's perfect,hardly takes any cpu at all..overall i think i found the perfect vst and it's cheap on £111.94 yesterday..is anyone else here using sylenth with live?
p.s
im not sure if it's available for macs yet though but i think its in the pipeline..check it out here:

http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/sylenth1/index.php

cheers :wink:
rob

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:32 am

Is it better than Zebra?

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:00 am

i don't know mate i don't have zebra.....sylenth is great though..for me anyways...check out the demo mate :wink:
rob

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:01 am

For a VA it kicks zebra's ass.

Sure zebra can do some other stuff, but for fat leads, violent/hard pads (zebra do softer pads better), glides, hoovers, some types of basses etc sylenth is just the deal..

http://www.vstsoundbanks.com/mp3/vstsou ... nth1_1.mp3
http://www.vstsoundbanks.com/mp3/vstsou ... nth1_2.mp3

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:32 am

only thing is though when i make a preset myself and save then i load it in again the name hasnt changed..any ideas?

the spirograph crew

Post by the spirograph crew » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:41 am

is it just a trance machine? all the samples are trance leads! :(
A PIECE OF SHIT HAS A THOUSAND EYES.

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:19 pm

It's definitely not only for tarnce

Awesome squelchy acid, electro basslines, sub bass madness, it's truly an awesome synth

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:24 pm

yup. The only problem with Sylenth is that it makes the rest of your soft synths sound cheap!
Professional Shark Jumper.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Sylenth is the best sounding softsynth I have used, but that doesn't mean it is best for every job. Zebra isn't as good at sounding like an analog synth, but it can do crazy things nothing else can do.

stjohn

Post by stjohn » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:46 pm

yea a whlile ago i was asking about what synths people use when they go on an an automation binge... so far, Sylenth is tops for automation eerything!. and sounds class!

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:58 pm

Doesn't say much for marketing.... but for me, I got Zebra free on a CM mag coverdisc (lite version) and have this "free with crap mag" thing in the back of my mind when I think of it.

Maybe other vst creators should think twice before getting into bed with said magazine?

Or maybe i'm just too prone to suggestion?

Any ideas you may have will of course be taken on board fully (at face value, subject to status and credit check).

Sylenth however, is the danglers.

kuniklo

Post by kuniklo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:17 pm

ethios4 wrote:Zebra isn't as good at sounding like an analog synth.
On the contrary, it can sound close enough to a *real* analog that most people can't tell the difference. Check out the "Fatty" presets in the "Clowns" factory bank.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:33 pm

I just meant that I don't think Zebra sounds as 'analog' as Sylenth...certainly 'analog' enough though. For me, if I want analog-type sounds, I usually go with Sylenth. If I want new/different/crazy/synthetic type sounds, I go with Zebra. They are both very powerful, awesome sounding synths, IMO.

kuniklo

Post by kuniklo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:36 pm

ethios4 wrote:I just meant that I don't think Zebra sounds as 'analog' as Sylenth...certainly 'analog' enough though
I'd agree that Zebra doesn't have that sound if you just dial up a simple patch, the way something like Sylenth or impOSCar does. You certainly *can* get those kinds of sounds out of Zebra with a little extra work though.

This is what makes Zebra special for me. I love synths like Absynth and Surge but I can't get those analog-ish sounds out of them. I can do *almost* anything I want with Zebra.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Warminstrel wrote:Doesn't say much for marketing.... but for me, I got Zebra free on a CM mag coverdisc (lite version) and have this "free with crap mag" thing in the back of my mind when I think of it.

Maybe other vst creators should think twice before getting into bed with said magazine?

Or maybe i'm just too prone to suggestion?

Any ideas you may have will of course be taken on board fully (at face value, subject to status and credit check).

Sylenth however, is the danglers.
So how would you explain that Zebra2 was voted the #1 softsynth last year and that is probably the most frequently recommended and purchased softsynth that isn't made by NI? Zebra2 is a little too complex for my taste but having a lite version in CM certainly didn't hurt it's popularity or sales.

I understand your perception but a Bose stereo is the same Bose stereo whether you buy it from their outlet store in the mall or at a Walmart. (I don't endorse Bose)