SYLENTH 1..works a dream in Live 7...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lola

Post by lola » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:28 pm

nebulae wrote:^ I dunno, lola, Nitro, Volcano, and Quadfrohmage all have nice self-oscillation filters, and Sylenth1 has an nice filter that does this, as well as a drive function that can really make some squeeling sounds.

Often, I'll add a really good filter in the chain of a not-so good synth, and get a good result. Fortunately, with Sylenth1, we make no such compromises :)
You are right about fabfilter totally forgot about this nice filter.. but i am still blown away from the cheap ass filters of my good old juno 106 and sh101 :D
If you trow the reso of the 106 full open, and play some notes, the reso differs from note to note it never gives you the same sound.
Thats what i like so much.
I shall try sylenth tho.

thefool

Post by thefool » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:53 pm

ye fabfilter

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:19 pm

fuck i only opened a thread saying sylenth works great in live 7.. :D 6 pages? :D
:wink: :wink:
rob

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:08 am

heavensdaw wrote:Just a quick note to all you prospective Sylenth1 buyers.. Quite a few people have asked Lennard about the possibility of a 'group buy' on KVR ... http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Now that would be SWEET! 8)

Hd
I was lucky enough to buy in on a group buy over 18 months ago. Less than 1/2 price. 8)

If enough interest was created, it may be on again. :roll:

Analog may have some good things about it, but cpu isn't one of its strong points. With the Sylenth, it really doen't matter about which patch you use.
They all are ultra light on cpu. This is my experience, anyway. Analog glitched out my system. I was more than disappointed, esp for an in-house job.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:17 am

I hear ya Rob !

Poster - respect to you, I wasn't naming names or singling any one person out, because I have been guilty of doing the things I say myself. it was merely a humourous observation that you can almost guarantee someone will refer to their hardware, whine at analog, or mention zebra whenever someone recommends a VA synth.

As certain as death and taxes. And yes, if someone lays a turd, always a good idea to pick it up (with rubber gloves, unless you're bounce or titbag who would probably put salt on it and eat it whole), or else you might end up slipping on it and doing yourself a big, nasty, (smelly) injury ;)
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:20 am

leedsquietman wrote:it was merely a humourous observation that you can almost guarantee someone will refer to their hardware, whine at analog, or mention zebra whenever someone recommends a VA synth.
Finally somebody has written a synopsis of the forum over the last year. :D

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 am

:lol:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:01 am

Gonna get Zebra and see what all the fuss is about here..
P.S
It better not fucking hog my cpu or Sylenth wins and i'll not be a happy chappy so im gonna compare the two of them :lol: :lol:
rob

Poster

Post by Poster » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:28 am

leedsquietman wrote:I hear ya Rob !

Poster - respect to you, I wasn't naming names or singling any one person out, because I have been guilty of doing the things I say myself. it was merely a humourous observation that you can almost guarantee someone will refer to their hardware, whine at analog, or mention zebra whenever someone recommends a VA synth.

As certain as death and taxes. And yes, if someone lays a turd, always a good idea to pick it up (with rubber gloves, unless you're bounce or titbag who would probably put salt on it and eat it whole), or else you might end up slipping on it and doing yourself a big, nasty, (smelly) injury ;)
no worries mate..

its just that I'm really the last person to claim 'this' is really better than 'that' when it comes to ana/digi..

cheers..

Oscar F

Post by Oscar F » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:35 am

leedsquietman wrote:I hear ya Rob !

Maybe, just maybe, some of us are sick to fucking death of Sylenth being brought up in umpteenth music forums simultaneously like some form of friggin' cancerous viral marketing spam bot.

Well someone had to say it !!!!!!

:?
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place is actually nowhere.

Urs

Post by Urs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:52 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:I still love zebra, but it just can't get this phat. The 'fatty' presets in the clowns section of presets are not even remotely close to what you can get out of sylenth1 in seconds.
The "fatty" patches are just Howard Scarr's attempt to recreate the first 10 factory patches of my Moog Little Phatty. Hence they can't be compared to the way Sylenth1 is phat. They still scare the shit out of some people when being played in an a/b situation as we did on Musikmesse 2007 :lol:

The current version of Zebra2 was designed long before any seriously good sounding supersaw synth approached our ears. The next version of Zebra2 (beta available on KVR) features an "Eleven" mode in the oscillator section and some extra OscFX which in theory let you play more than 250 sawtooths per single oscillator, at still moderate cpu. However, usually just one or two Eleven oscs without fx do the trick.

Cheers,

;) Urs

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:57 am

Oscar Fuckyou wrote:Maybe, just maybe, some of us are sick to fucking death of Sylenth being brought up in umpteenth music forums simultaneously like some form of friggin' cancerous viral marketing spam bot.

Well someone had to say it !!!!!!

:?
uuuh..

its urs heckmann! Lets catch him 8O

Urs

Post by Urs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:09 am

thefool wrote:its urs heckmann! Lets catch him 8O
:lol: :lol: :lol:

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:43 am

Caffeine :P

Its just the usual stuff hehe. Every time you say something is great people start asking "But is it better than ...". They are completely different beasts! One is a modular synth with tons of features like FM, the other is destined for a much narrower range of sound. Obviously, they also cross some features hence they can go a bit in the same direction

The world isn't black or white people!

Sounds cool about your new oscillator mode, perhaps i'll give it a try :)

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:42 pm

Yeah I've tried the new 'eleven' oscillator. Not bad at all. I still have to give the nod to sylenth1 for it's osc, as well as excellent filter. I find some synths sound either warm/phat or crisp and clear, not often both. Syylenth1 really nails it all at once. Zebra2 is very crisp (I still say not as phat), but probably the best synth out there for sitting nicely in a mix. So they are definitely a great pair to have.
Professional Shark Jumper.