London/Amsterdam - Pitch Black and Tom Cosm

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:55 am

Roly, Alex, It was great to meet you guys, and many others as well... What a friendly bunch of people Abletonites are (if I do say so myself)

The workshop was a great success - at least 100 people! Totally stoked with the turnout.
UKRuss, we filmed it with 3 cameras, and we should have the video up in about a week to 10 days, once we get home and edit it.

Grainy cellphone pix:

Standing room only...

Tom lays it down...

Brothers and Sisters, join me in the Ableton Way...

Chin stroker???

"My MIDI controller is this big!"

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:59 am

AAARRRGGGHHHH! Looks as great as I bloody knew it would be!

Nice with the 3 cam filmings, looking forward to the vidz!

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:55 am

aye it was good. nice tips and all that.

many thanks

grizzler

Post by grizzler » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:08 am

shame i missed it, sorry lads but spent the night in the local hosptial :( Lookin foward to the vid
http://www.myspace.com/chemikalrecipe

Ableton live 6, X- session , Axiom 25, Mbp 2.2ghz 2gb ram, BCF 2000, Reason 3, Zebra

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:21 am

The mad thing about it was all the accents. There seemed to be quite a lot of Germans and I spoke to someone outside from Holland.

It turned out that he didn't know the thing was going to be on, but by coincidence he had started using Live a couple of weeks before.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:35 pm

sorry, had to leave early because of family issues ;.)

however it was great to see you guys.hope you come to barcelona one day.

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 pm

pepezabala wrote:hope you come to barcelona one day.
+ 1000 8)

Hd

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:21 pm

I thought it was excellent. really really appreciated toms 'here's how to make a live set in 5 minutes' trick.

That was a bit of a rosetta stone moment for me :)))))

My only complaint was that it was far too short! It would have been good to have another hour or so of both speakers.
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

mohler

Post by mohler » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:09 pm

tw1nstates wrote:I thought it was excellent. really really appreciated toms 'here's how to make a live set in 5 minutes' trick.

That was a bit of a rosetta stone moment for me :)))))

My only complaint was that it was far too short! It would have been good to have another hour or so of both speakers.
+ 1 you guys were only just going, I'm sure there would have been way more questions.

Rock on the video.
rolymiller.com
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHz, MacBookPro 2.2+2.4GHz, Macbook 2.0GHz 2GB, Metric Halo ULN/2, UltraLite, Ensemble, Axiom 49, Logic Studio, Live 6,

kingpixel

Post by kingpixel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:56 pm

That was really inspiring last night and enlightening. I was lucky enough to have time to attend the workshop. I agree with those saying it was too short. We need more of this, we need your tricks, we wanna learn and rock the dancefloor!!!!!
Can't wait for the vidz, pls guys keep us posted!!!

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Amsterdam workshop was enjoyed very much by me!
Tiniest venue in town... Amsterdam is a small town really.

I forgot the name of that video program you guys use... what is it? Really want to check that out, looks very interesting and I like the visuals.

Thanx a lot Pitch Black and also Tom Cosm, I already did the submixing thing but never thought of then cutting the rendered tracks up into 16 bar clips... as soon as he said it I thought "follow actions" so simple, bloody brilliant!

:D

mohler

Post by mohler » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:14 am

brightonalex wrote: But I really enjoyed meeting people. I didn't expect Mohler to have a beard.
Classic!

I didn't expect you to be so passionate about xylophones!
rolymiller.com
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHz, MacBookPro 2.2+2.4GHz, Macbook 2.0GHz 2GB, Metric Halo ULN/2, UltraLite, Ensemble, Axiom 49, Logic Studio, Live 6,

COSM

Post by COSM » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:11 am

that was fun! thanks so much to everyone who came down for both the workshops and the gigs.

It was a real challenge compressing the conent of my talk into >30 minutes but it seemed to work out ok. Also great fun trying to keep it well geeky for the experienced but stripped back for the noobs.. but yeah very very stoked and can't wait for the videos to be cut!

Also a massive thanks to the Abletons for the support and freebies given out on the night.

I'll be doing a similar type workshop at Boom Festival in Portugal in a couple of weeks, so if your in the vacinity come on down. I'll put more info on my website when I get it all back online (still down from the hackers)

-Tom

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:27 pm

djsynchro wrote:I forgot the name of that video program you guys use... what is it?
Isadora

http://www.troikatronix.com/isadora.html

As Tom says, that was great fun! Thanks again to everyone who came down, and to Amo and Claudia for their support in making it happen. I'll be back home in NZ by Tuesday, and should have the video up within a week after that.

cheers all!
paddy
Last edited by Pitch Black on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:42 pm

That's it I was racking my brain thinking "it's a girl's name".
They got a beta for XP now even better!
Thanks!!!