Play Scene from Middle

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
cybermonsters

Play Scene from Middle

Post by cybermonsters » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:39 am

In rehearsal I sometimes need to play a scene (a whole group of clips) from the middle - is there a way to do this on the fly instead of fast forwarding?

Post by 337 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:58 pm

you could map a knob or button to the start time of the clip. have the range be from the beginning of the clip to wherever the middle is. then you press the button or turn the knob all the way and the start position will move all the way there.

OR

just copy the clip(s) and have their start positions in the middle or wherever and then launch those when you need them

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:59 pm

or cut the scene in two halves. The fastest way would be to record the scene in arrangement view and then use the capture and insert scene command.

Wesley

Post by Wesley » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:05 pm

I've wanted to do this very same thing. You know how you can use the speaker clicker to trigger a clip at any given bar?

There needs to be a way to toggle between 'just this clip' and 'all clips playing' so that if you want to listen to or work on the second half of a group of 64 bar loops you don't have to do complex editing or controller assigning to repeatedly get to bar 33. There should be clip audition & scene audition. I was hoping such a thing existed and I just didn't know how to enable it.

-Wesley