New Drums for Live from Soniccouture "Konkrete Drums 2&

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dbolt

New Drums for Live from Soniccouture "Konkrete Drums 2"

Post by dbolt » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:00 pm

Well they don't have much info about the new Live version. This drum collection has been out but Ableton's homepage states they have this new version. I checked KVR's forum and it seems that if you email them they will send you a link, I dunno.

Can anyone shed some light on the new Live version.. Have they made some drum rack kits or Sampler kits with macros because that would be very nice.. like trackteamaudio... which I will give them kudos TTA has made some very nice Livepacks lately

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:31 pm

This is a bump for the thread... I'm curious too.

I'll send an email to find out more...

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:11 pm

They are done in sampler and simpler. If you are an owner of the set just email them and they will send you a download link.

They are done with racks. All the hats in a kit seem to be sampler while all the other hits in the kit are done in simpler multimode.

dbolt

Post by dbolt » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:12 am

Thanks for the info! Do they have Macros mapped out for certain effects?

chalkline

Post by chalkline » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:05 am

I emailed them and just waiting for a reply, seems I sent email from wrong address so they want my original address, so just waiting now.
It would be great if they could make something like the glitch machine they made for kontact, although I don't think that is possible!

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:19 am

They did make a rack called glitch machine out of live's FX

MartinOM28V

Post by MartinOM28V » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 am

I just downloaded it and damned if it doesn't require Sampler for 90% of them, which I don't have. Wish they'd mentioned that...
iMac 3.4 GHz i7 12GB/Apogee Duet 2/Event ASP8/AKAI MPK61/Ableton Suite 8/Logic Pro 9/Waves Platinum/Komplete 7/Amplitube 3/Omnisphere/Stylus RMX/Trilian

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:04 am

If anyone has a review, I'd love to know more... I'm not a big fan of drum kits through sampler. It just makes so much more sense using drum racks or a specialized program for drums, BFD, AD or any of the other big hitters.

I don't want to give too much of an opinion before using it, but I wasn't that impressed with the video they gave on the site. If anyone takes the leap of faith, please share your experience here!! :)

polypx

Soniccouture Konkrete Kits

Post by polypx » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

MartinOM28V wrote:I just downloaded it and damned if it doesn't require Sampler for 90% of them, which I don't have. Wish they'd mentioned that...

This has now been fixed, and the presets all run in Simpler.

Contact Soniccouture via the website and we'll issue you new links if you need.

Also, to clarify, each Konkrete kit is an Instrument Rack using Simpler. There are 24 kits in Konkrete 1 and 25 kits in Konkrete 2. We include a simplified version of our Glitch Machine, using Macro knobs to adjust the drum sounds and turn on/off drills and glitch effects.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture

MartinOM28V

Post by MartinOM28V » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:20 am

So I emailed them and got the patch. Now all of the sets work with Simpler. There are really some great usable sounds here I was looking for percussion sounds similar to what Thom Yorke does on "The Eraser" and that's exactly what I've got with Konkrete 2.

:D
iMac 3.4 GHz i7 12GB/Apogee Duet 2/Event ASP8/AKAI MPK61/Ableton Suite 8/Logic Pro 9/Waves Platinum/Komplete 7/Amplitube 3/Omnisphere/Stylus RMX/Trilian

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:57 pm

MartinOM28V wrote:So I emailed them and got the patch. Now all of the sets work with Simpler. There are really some great usable sounds here I was looking for percussion sounds similar to what Thom Yorke does on "The Eraser" and that's exactly what I've got with Konkrete 2.

:D
So, worth the price? How deep are the options in sound with this? Do you get more than one Simpler/Sampler device, or many?

MartinOM28V

Post by MartinOM28V » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:51 pm

Each of the twenty-something kits is made using Instrument Racks so they are combinations of Simpler, the Glitch Machine and effects (primarily Vinyl Distortion). The sounds are great "out of the box" but it's extremely simple to manipulate the controls and you can add additional effects to the Instrument Rack without limit. Each kit defaults to two macro controls, one being the Glitch Machine (haven't quite figured out its full potential yet) and the other eight controls affecting the kit itself.

Seems well worth it to me. Plenty to stay busy with for awhile.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:37 am

MartinOM28V wrote:Each of the twenty-something kits is made using Instrument Racks so they are combinations of Simpler, the Glitch Machine and effects (primarily Vinyl Distortion). The sounds are great "out of the box" but it's extremely simple to manipulate the controls and you can add additional effects to the Instrument Rack without limit. Each kit defaults to two macro controls, one being the Glitch Machine (haven't quite figured out its full potential yet) and the other eight controls affecting the kit itself.

Seems well worth it to me. Plenty to stay busy with for awhile.
Pretty cool... If I had thought of it then, it would have been to ask about macro control, so I'm glad you mentioned it. I have a feeling I'll be picking this up at some point, but right now my wish list is growing pretty long. Thanks for replying :)

Dan Dare

Post by Dan Dare » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:51 am

I hope this means they will do the same with some of their other instruments.