Anybody know why....?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ken Ken

Anybody know why....?

Post by Ken Ken » Tue May 27, 2008 8:45 pm

I have just loaded up live and for some reason all my tracks no longer seem warped. Every single track was warped perfectly and the live warp file is also still there....anyone guess what its not picking up the saved data..?

i seriously cant have lost all the hours warping could I...!??

Ken Ken

Post by Ken Ken » Tue May 27, 2008 8:55 pm

in english...

Ive warped some tracks and saved the warp markers, it creates a file in the mp3 folder with an .asd extension, when I load the track back into a new set in ableton live it is unwarped and doesn’t load the saved markers…what am I doing wrong. If i click on warp it puts in the default markers and I have to set it up again. The thing is, ive done this with hundreds of tracks which all worked fine and i have been using for months. All of a sudden they have dissapeared but the .asd files are still there?
Last edited by Ken Ken on Tue May 27, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue May 27, 2008 8:55 pm

[scratches head]....
damn! that hurts...
sorry for your pain...
if it makes you feel better...
theis week...I spent 3 extra days on a project on Sony Vegas cuz I forgot to save and it crashed...
:(

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue May 27, 2008 8:58 pm

I think you needs to hit 'save' button in clip view after making changes...
are you loading the same project you used to warp them or a new one?

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 pm

Are you using Live TW Edition? It's designed for train wrecks but usually doesn't kick in until you are at a gig if the time is set correctly on your computer. Were you in the middle of a gig or are you at a gig now?

Ken Ken

Post by Ken Ken » Tue May 27, 2008 9:01 pm

like i say, the asd is there but for some reason its not reading the saved info and the saved warp marker positions...? I know they were there as ive been dj'in etc with the same files. Its just as if over night ableton has stopped reading the asd...?

Ken Ken

Post by Ken Ken » Tue May 27, 2008 9:28 pm

i have just noticed that it seems to be just the mp3 files and not my wav files...?

Ken Ken

Post by Ken Ken » Tue May 27, 2008 9:30 pm

is there some setting within LIVE?

Atomikat

Post by Atomikat » Tue May 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Live doesn't use mp3's...it converts them to wavs. I think some mp3's will give you troubles. I really don't remember which ones...cause I always use wavs or Aiff's. :wink:

m:o

Post by m:o » Wed May 28, 2008 1:21 am

there where some issues when quicktime wasn't installed........
search for this on the forum, maybe that's the reason

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed May 28, 2008 7:06 am

contact support

rajcoont

Post by rajcoont » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:08 pm

having this exact same problem, makes zero sense. even going into old saved backups/live versions/etc this is happening with song i have been opening and working on since 2005. the last time i opened was may 2008 and everythign was fine, now the .asd file is there, the audio file is there, if i hide the file from live before openign it, all the warp info is properly displayed (without sample) in both arrangement and session view, but as soon as i import the audio file (which worked for last 4 years) all warp markers are null and void and every clip (hundreds of them in this song) starts at bar 1

WTF

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:28 am

It's most probably an issue with quicktime. Did you reinstall you OS lately? Then download quicktime, reinstall that and it should be fine.

What happens is that Live is using an external software for decoding mp3s. apparently when you first had quicktime on your computer, and then suddenly it's not available anymore, Live will use a different decoding algorythm and the .asd-file doesn't fit any longer to the decoded mp3-file. Typically this happens when you swithc computer or when you reinstall your OS and there is no (or only an older version of) quicktime installed. (Someone correct me if that is wrong).

This has happened to several people in the past (there should be some more posts on that topic), and I believe that in all cases reinstalling quicktime helped.

rajcoont

Post by rajcoont » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:12 pm

pepezabala wrote:It's most probably an issue with quicktime. Did you reinstall you OS lately? Then download quicktime, reinstall that and it should be fine.
Tried this and unfortunately it didn't help.

There are maybe 30 different sound files and dozens of clips in this song and all opened fine every time save for one (which of course is the one most edited in separate clip files).

I have the original file and .asd from an old backup, and for some reason it rewrites all the clip info. I opened this file only a couple months and everything worked as it has for years...makes no sense and very frustrating

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:21 am

hmm, then I have no further idea what's wrong. sorry. Contact support?