ot: chilled deep house labels (need two tracks signed)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Try jumping on Beatport and listening to some releases, if you find osme that fit the style you have in mind, check out the label releasing them. :)

danryanfl

Post by danryanfl » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Seasons, Spacekat, Soulfuric Deep, Salted, Shifted

I like to find deep house on Traxsource.com, they have a nice genre search thing going for them now too...

amigo

Post by amigo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:09 pm

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:58 pm

www.stompy.com
this site is invaluable if you play house.
i purchase most of my music there.
a little less pricey than beatport.
it's kinda like a boutique house shop.
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:24 pm

ooops, you can browse all the labels that subscribe to their service. There;s a drop down box that lists all the labes alphabetically, lots of deep house labels to consider.
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

TAPPY42

Post by TAPPY42 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Sounds more like tv music to my ears. These days its very difficult to to get stuff signed (or even listened to) if you dont already know the label personally, but thats prob just my experience!

good luck all the same.

amigo

Post by amigo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:16 pm

I like your music and the videos are very cool. :)

djdrue

just off the mark

Post by djdrue » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:56 am

I think that your style is just a tad too progressive for most deep house labels right now...

These pieces sound very much like progressive house that has been arranged at a slower tempo... Not really 'deep' in the sense of some of the labels listed above.

I like the feel and the flow and the progression of your work. I just think that you will have trouble signing these to labels that release "deep house".

I would follow the advice of those people that have posted above...keep looking (perhaps in the electronica section) on beatport and check out those labels instead.

dj_huck

Post by dj_huck » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:02 am

Rave wrote:
dphouse84 wrote:www.stompy.com
this site is invaluable if you play house.
i purchase most of my music there.
a little less pricey than beatport.
it's kinda like a boutique house shop.
I am looking to get the tracks signed mate not buy stuff. Thanks anyhow.
never miss a chance to pounce a person trying to help you out. it is the internet after all. i am sure dp house was being a dick by suggesting that you check that site. a lot of deep house places i have seen are trying to sign artists named rave. you do have a deep house attitude.

Olga

Re: ot: chilled deep house labels (need two tracks signed)

Post by Olga » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:05 am

Rave wrote:Hi,

Am looking for a label that the following tracks would fit so i can get them signed.

track 1
http://vimeo.com/1005712

track 2
http://vimeo.com/1006067

The thing is I don't know any in this chilled/deep house genre.

Edit: I dig through beatport etc almost everyday and haven't heard anything similar :o

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanx :)

Chill deep house?

You should get a dog turd signed, it would be worth more.

The reason why you don't know fck about crappy lazy un-interesting deep house is because its totally uninspiring shitty, boring strobe light drug induced music meant for morons who are talking over their martinis over the music anyway and don't give a fuck.

Next.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:12 am

Olga wrote:
Rave wrote:Hi,

Am looking for a label that the following tracks would fit so i can get them signed.

track 1
http://vimeo.com/1005712

track 2
http://vimeo.com/1006067

The thing is I don't know any in this chilled/deep house genre.

Edit: I dig through beatport etc almost everyday and haven't heard anything similar :o

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanx :)

Chill deep house?

The reason why you don't know fck about crappy lazy un-interesting deep house is because its totally uninspiring shitty, boring strobe light drug induced music meant for morons who are talking over their martinis over the music anyway and don't give a fuck.

Next.

GOD I fucking love you. I don't care what anyone says about you. We were made for each other. Anybody who can write poetry like that ^^^^can bear my children any day. Can I give you a foot massage at least for that?

kraze

Post by kraze » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Have you ever done anything like this before?
You don't just go on random forums trying to get certain tracks signed, hell, you don't even just email blindly.

Release them on beatport, itunes, etc, make a myspace, push them hard and hopefully people will buy them, causing you to rush up the charts and get noticed.

You've got a long long way to go mate and you will most definently have to put in some very hard work, both in making and handling your music. Get a dj set-up and start playing out.

And don't be so hung up on your genre, good music is good music and most labels are looking for just that.

TAPPY42

Post by TAPPY42 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:52 am

Olga wrote:
Rave wrote:
Chill deep house?

Next.

TWAT!

Next.

Olga

Post by Olga » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:42 am

TAPPY42 wrote:
Olga wrote:
Rave wrote:
Chill deep house?

Next.

TWAT!

Next.

The undisputed truth will always hurt bad at first and provoke a "TWAT" response, then the sting will go away. Your myspace shit isn't that bad actually, I'd gladly talk over it with an apple martini in hand as I would with deep dish or any of that other drivel playing. The amazing part is, I think your music sounds just as good as Deep dish.

Deep house. While plugged in, throw a 909 a 303 and a casio in demo mode down a stair case and whatever dog shit is playing at the end, record it. Fun Fun Fun. Then get your rich Irish mom to get you an URB spread. Change your real name from Flann O'callaghan to Sergio Gerosa Marini, buy some blue blocker shades, take a cheesy press shot & Boom, your a deep house hero. [Sequins shirt not included.]

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:59 am

I don't think that guy Olga likes anyone on here :wink: