USING REMOTE SL and BCF2000 Togehter - Is possible?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tripiale

USING REMOTE SL and BCF2000 Togehter - Is possible?

Post by tripiale » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi,
i have a ReMOTE and i love it. Simply magical. But i hate the NON motorized faders. Not useful for missing.

I would love to add a BCF2000. Is it possible?

ReMOTE: Automap on plug ins (left part of the remote)
BCF: the mixer of Ableton

THanks
Ale

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:28 pm

yep.

I'm amazed that people don't bother to answer the simplest of questions.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

tripiale

Post by tripiale » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Yes but how?

How can i lock the BCF to the mixer and the ReMOTE to the Plug ins..?

amcnally336

Post by amcnally336 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:44 pm

Totally!
This is actually the combo I run, and I am surprised more people do not do it, seeing as a used BCF is $100.
Motorized faders are KEY when using the mixer...it's kind of pointless otherwise (IMO). So, you want to set the BCF to control all mixer functions. There are a couple of ways to do this, but I feel the best way is to run it in Mackie Cubase mode. You can then control almost ALL of Live's functions!(including Undo and Redo). Someone even made a little label cut-out to label all the functions. I taped these on with clear tape, making a fairly permanent label that looks nice. The thread that discusses how to do this is here: http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Read it through a couple times...it is a bit dense at first, but play with it and you should get it!
Then, you use the SL to control all plug-ins, eq's, etc. You want to use template 38 to use Auto-map mode for plug-ins...follow the procedure in Novation manual...just make sure to switch to template 38, as the SL will default to 40. If you DO need to control an Ableton device or something, switch back to template 40, and use that...be sure to switch back to 38 to control all other parameters. This set-up is the nuts! I've explored just about all the other optins out there, and I think this is the best for me. I also use a padkontrol for Guru, and I custom mapped it using miditranslator to act as a trigger device for recording and live looping. I am set! Let me know if you have questions, but DO try to puzzle it out for yourself...you will learn a lot by doing so!