how can I leave the US?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:10 pm

landrvr1 wrote:
b0unce wrote:pack up and box the shit you want to move with, leave it with friends or family in the u.s....ready to ship across the pond when you find the right spot.

then take stuff you prepared to lug around, like your laptop. if you're live set isn't a laptop one, make it so...

check out and live at these places for a while: berlin - germany, barcelona - catalonia, brighton - UK
all three are great for electronisch muzikians

keep traveling as light-ish as possible till you find a spot you'd like to (and can) settle at for a while, then have your boxes posted.
for ex-pats, Amsterdam is a boring waste of time imo. Especially for anything longer than 6 months. and those would be the spring/summer months btw.

that's just a gameplan, once you're on the road pretty much anything can happen, especially if you're not a hideous cyclops with puss oozing out your one eye.

I honestly wouldn't wait for someone to suggest 'the' perfect place here on the forum, you've pretty much got to find that yourself.

Uh oh. I know where this is going.

b0unce is going to come back and say he's got a spare room and that you can stay with him until you get sorted.

Before you know it you'll have his dick in your mouth and a new boyfriend.

The two of you are going to make a wonderful couple. Cornholing each other while you run down your top 10 lists of why America sucks. Is gay marriage legal in Ireland yet?

Best of luck, girls.

you are so lame

sublimelobc

Post by sublimelobc » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:11 pm

I've always fancied the idea of home being wherever you lay your head, last night I went for a walk to the park near my home and lay down on some soft wood chips with my head on a boulder staring at the stars and the clear sky. I saw 3 falling stars then an orange-ish glow that looked like a star, then started moving in a way that made me believe I was seeing a UFO, then it passed overhead and looked more like an airplane. Regardless of what it was, it was fun to watch and wonder and imagine. The night before at the same park I saw a coyote pup, it was walking along without a care in the world....big loppy ears and an aloof and almost sideways walk.

A week or two ago I went with my wife to Zion's National Park to spend the day, it's about 45 minutes from where we live. We went on the overlook hike just past the mile long tunnel at the east end of the park, then we got on the bus and drove up and down enjoying the sights...I highly recommend everyone see the park at least once in their life, I've been there many times and it's magical everytime I go. This last time I saw one of the 152 California Condors known to be living in the wild, I didn't have any idea they had made it this far North. They are huge, I couldn't believe it the first time I saw it because it was so big, then when the bus came back down I looked for it again and it was sitting in the same place I saw it on the way up. I just wish I could have seen it spread its wings.

So yeah, the idea of "the perfect place to live" really appeals to me. I've seen some beautiful places that I'd like to call home...I have the curse or blessing of falling in love with the beauty of most anyplace I've been. I love what I've seen of Europe...central america, and the Wild West of the US, especially the desert southwest.....but I'm probably biased to this area because I've lived here most of my life.

I think the truly fortunate in this life are those who dream of seeing something new and different and appreciate the contrast it provides. I would hate to think I was roped into one single paradigm of life...they say that even the tiny hummingbird can travel 2,000 miles....can you imagine that?

I always find that mingling with the wildlife enhances life....that's probably why my heart always dreams of being in Costa Rica. Anways, great topic....as always, I bent it to suit myself so thanks for the ride. :) Peace bruddas.

condra

Post by condra » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Hungary or Austria

astromass

Post by astromass » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:17 pm

to the original poster: there is NO country better to live in than the USA, fucking ungrateful bastard
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

jamester

Post by jamester » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:56 pm

arctic ranger wrote:
jamester wrote:Top of my list is Vancouver; Yaletown's pretty cool. PITA moving out of the country though, so I'm trying to find as cool a place as I can here...
I fucking hate BC and Vancouver, but I cant wait to get home. :?
Really, why is that?

I have a couple friends up there, they call it Heaven On Earth. I certainly couldn't disagree with them when I spent a week there myself. It was a few years ago, but all I could think about since was getting back. But I understand a week is nothing, so I'd love to hear about Vancouver's downsides.
leedsquietman wrote: As for Vancouver..downtown eastside is the pit of lucifer, full of messed up junkies and homeless and it's the most expensive place to live in Canada, especially housing costs.
Is this the area off of Gastown? We walked through a "bad" area down there; there was a little park full of junkies, homeless people and the like. It was the worst (only) bad area we encountered.

And we laughed at how tame it was! We're from Baltimore, that's a whole other story. Take that junkie park, magnify it by 1000% and add a ton of gangs and gun violence, then you'll get closer to what's in my backyard. I seriously doubt any area of Vancouver comes close to what we have here, but I'm all ears.

During our stay there apparently some teenager got beat up really badly, it actually made *front page* news on the papers! It was a huge deal that a kid got beat up. Take a look at B-more:

Wiki:
Crime

CNN/Morgan Quitno "Most Dangerous City" Rankings (2007) ranks Baltimore as the 12th most dangerous American city. Baltimore is second only to Detroit among cities with a population over 500,000.

According to crime statistics there were 269 homicides in Baltimore in 2005, giving it the highest homicide rate per 100,000 of all U.S. cities of 250,000 or more population. Though this is significantly lower than the record-high 353 homicides in 1993, the homicide rate in Baltimore is nearly seven times the national rate, six times the rate of New York City, and three times the rate of Los Angeles.

Though the crime situation in Baltimore is considered one of the worst in the nation, city officials have pointed out that most violent crimes, particularly homicides, are committed by people who know their victims and who are often associated with the illegal drug trade.
I'd love to hear more about Vancouver's "Pit Of Lucifer"...
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

channelite

Re: how can I leave the US?

Post by channelite » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:15 pm

morerecords wrote:i am down to leave, I truly hate idiots. Whre can I go? who can I see?
Thanks
More records
I hear Tehran is nice this time of year.

thelike5

Re: how can I leave the US?

Post by thelike5 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:25 pm

morerecords wrote:i am down to leave, I truly hate idiots. Whre can I go? who can I see?
Thanks
More records
Good riddance. Have a nice time trying to sell your overpriced records someplace else.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:34 pm

idiots everywhere...no escaping that !

+1 for Vancouver or anywhere outside it......lived there for about a year...
5 years ago...
Holland is another great place...
so is Madrid....
so is....well...
many amazing places in the world...you just have to CHOOSE...
(oh..stay clear of France though...no offence...but these guys scare the hell out of me...)

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:36 pm

Try North Korea, there's a friend for you there >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ubrPWUEiJI

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:43 pm

TITBAG wrote:
landrvr1 wrote:
b0unce wrote:pack up and box the shit you want to move with, leave it with friends or family in the u.s....ready to ship across the pond when you find the right spot.

then take stuff you prepared to lug around, like your laptop. if you're live set isn't a laptop one, make it so...

check out and live at these places for a while: berlin - germany, barcelona - catalonia, brighton - UK
all three are great for electronisch muzikians

keep traveling as light-ish as possible till you find a spot you'd like to (and can) settle at for a while, then have your boxes posted.
for ex-pats, Amsterdam is a boring waste of time imo. Especially for anything longer than 6 months. and those would be the spring/summer months btw.

that's just a gameplan, once you're on the road pretty much anything can happen, especially if you're not a hideous cyclops with puss oozing out your one eye.

I honestly wouldn't wait for someone to suggest 'the' perfect place here on the forum, you've pretty much got to find that yourself.

Uh oh. I know where this is going.

b0unce is going to come back and say he's got a spare room and that you can stay with him until you get sorted.

Before you know it you'll have his dick in your mouth and a new boyfriend.

The two of you are going to make a wonderful couple. Cornholing each other while you run down your top 10 lists of why America sucks. Is gay marriage legal in Ireland yet?

Best of luck, girls.

you are so lame

Two things:

1. I'm definitely picking up a German accent when you post.
2. I love the fact that your post count hit 666 when you replied.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:58 pm

astromass wrote:to the original poster: there is NO country better to live in than the USA, fucking ungrateful bastard
Unless of course you care about the foreign policy of the country you live in, or are one who believes the state should control health care, or are gay, or......

I'm not leaving, but I can see why people would. I agree that wherever you lay your head, there you are.

BTW to me, the best choice would be Iceland, as it's REALLY small, and not likely to go on a war rampage anytime soon.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:15 pm

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/imm_n ... tizenships

If America is such a shithole place than why does every motherfucker STILL want to come here? FFS. Assholes.

Look at those numbers. It's not even close. There's a million other stats that will back those up. And we can't forget the number of illegals that are here - which would probably double those numbers and put the per capita firmly at the top.

If you assholes want to leave, get the fuck out and let some poor Mexican bastards (who are practically willing to DIE to get here) take your place.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:32 pm

landrvr1 wrote: If you assholes want to leave, get the fuck out and let some poor Mexican bastards (who are practically willing to DIE to get here) take your place.
I don't have time to get into this today, but your reasoning is fucking stupid. Sure, saying that you want to leave the USA because people are stupid here is just as stupid, but why always drag every conversation down to simple name calling and grandstanding?
The amount of people desiring entrance to a country in no way is a reflection on the ethics of said country, all it reflects is the wealth of said country. What with a global economy, it's even more likely that the wealth of a country is based of the size of it's military, and it's ability to assrape the rest of the planet. Most people care about their own lives rather than the greater whole, so of course they want to live here.
Simple logic kills this argument, if the nazis had won, we would all want to live in Germany, but that in no way makes the nazis ethical.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:34 pm

landrvr1 wrote:If you assholes want to leave, get the fuck out and let some poor Mexican bastards (who are practically willing to DIE to get here) take your place.
well put.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:38 pm

Machinesworking wrote: ...if the nazis had won,

Can you imagine the upshot of that? American idol would have been filled with idiosyncratic Dieter geeks playing glitch.

Always look on the brighter side of a Nazism.