Don't forget Sampler!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
samuelstark

Don't forget Sampler!

Post by samuelstark » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:16 pm

We still need a few things for sampler:

1. Automation for the Loop parameters (to make a macro for slicing "audio to midi track") Sampler got the forward/reverse loop you need for Recycle type stretch. If we can automate this, there's no need for recycle anymore IMO.

2. Sampler "round robin". Just so much better to make drums sound more "live". Just a button would be great.

3. Stretch Pitch/Time Machine. All soft samplers got this except for Sampler... :(

4. "Visual" Envelopes. Please let us see what we do when use the envelopes like Battery or Fxpansion guru. Just a lot easier...

Thanks for a great program and keep up the good work! Just want to find a way of just using Live and not 3rd party plugs for drums and chopping samples.

PS. A drum sequencer would be nice as well.. Have look at Guru.. :roll:

mkotechno

Post by mkotechno » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:57 pm

and individial reverse button per sample too

samuelstark

Post by samuelstark » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm

+1

esky

Post by esky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:53 am

And this again...:

-Like the capability to convert Akai format Cdr's i'd like the same for Emulator formats and others and not only to convert the whole Cd but selected folders and patches.
-Batch conversion for EXS and Kontakt format instruments. At the moment it's only possible to drag and drop one instrument after the other. And that takes a lot of time.
-Better translation of EXS instruments, filter and envelope settings are not translated correctly.
-Some people ask for more modulation destinations
-Timestretching/warping capabilities for Sampler samples
-Automatic chromatic (or other) keygrouping (like EXS24). If there was a possibility to load a sliced file into sampler chromaticly I'd prefer that over a drum rack use. Like in the good ol' days...
(Edit: Meanwhile i learned that this can be done via the option "slice to single sampler")
Last edited by esky on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

samuelstark

Post by samuelstark » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 am

esky wrote:And this again...:

-Like the capability to convert Akai format Cdr's i'd like the same for Emulator formats and others and not only to convert the whole Cd but selected folders and patches.
-Batch conversion for EXS and Kontakt format instruments. At the moment it's only possible to drag and drop one instrument after the other. And that takes a lot of time.
-Better translation of EXS instruments, filter and envelope settings are not translated correctly.
-Some people ask for more modulation destinations
-Timestretching/warping capabilities for Sampler samples
-Automatic chromatic (or other) keygrouping (like EXS24)
All of the "standard" things that other soft samplers do... Batch convert is a must.

synnack

Post by synnack » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:03 pm

+1

Every time I try to use sampler I get pissed off that so many things are not midi mappable.

One of the great things about Live is that so many things can be assigned to MIDI CC, yet Sampler hasn't followed suite.

Until this is fixed I get more use out of a Rack of Simplers than an instance of Sampler.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

sabiwa

Post by sabiwa » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:57 am

I'd be nice to know if there's any developement going on with sampler. Has there been any update after its first release?

-j

dc43

Post by dc43 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Do you think it will influence their decisions if I also say that I would like more parameters controllable on the sampler instrument? Maybe they count the number of users who post...

But then again... I wouldn't bet on it.

hzd

Post by hzd » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:41 pm

+1
FrostACM D50, TC electronic Konekt Live, (DIGI002, Mbox 1), ProTools LE 7.3, FCB1010, Novation ReMote 25SL (m-audio oxygen)

And mainly a guitarist/composer

www.myspace.com/tjant
www.myspace.com/mariusband

kuniklo

Re: Don't forget Sampler!

Post by kuniklo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:36 pm

samuelstark wrote: 1. Automation for the Loop parameters (to make a macro for slicing "audio to midi track") Sampler got the forward/reverse loop you need for Recycle type stretch. If we can automate this, there's no need for recycle anymore IMO.
+1

am is are

keep Sampler living!!!

Post by am is are » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:51 pm

frankly, i don't care what Ableton does do/with Sampler, as long as they keep on developing it, and improving it, perfecting what it does, and stretching it so it can do things other samplers can't
----------------------
"sing while ye may"

www.magneticpitch.com

samuelstark

Post by samuelstark » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:01 pm

I really hope they are working on update.. Isn't it time for ableton 8 now? Look in the announcements, the last update before the release of the next version is around september and its october now... Ableton has always released another update every year..
2006 Live 6
2007 Live 7
2008 Live 8???

I really hope they don't forget sampler, and get it up on par with other soft samplers on the market. Still missing all the features in this post.

Let's keep our fingers crossed :)

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:48 am

i would really like to be able to assign midi to loop start/loop length and other parameters that seem to be immune to assignment.

Swedish Sam

Post by Swedish Sam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:52 pm

+1

Thats really needed to set up a good default "audio" chopper like recycle...

sunrahrahrah

Post by sunrahrahrah » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:32 am

you can do 'round robin' with the lfo's....