Obama wins, Dems will crush the weak-ass republicans cuz...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

I am voting for

Obama
58%
McCain
8%
That chick from the Transformers movie
35%

Total votes: 80

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:15 pm

Tone,

I don't feel like playing Wikipedia roulette with you. You have been owned. Please accept your defeat graciously.

I just got home, (3 minute commute). I'm lighting up a fat one and getting ready for studio.

How's the bass licks coming?

Tod
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:21 pm

Moody wrote:Pictures?
Did someone say pictures

I love pictures

the would -be 21st century studio

complete with scientific calculator, fish and Golden Rule framed poster

:)

cleaning it all frickin day

logging off now - hope you all get all that figured out and may the force be with y'all
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Adonis - raise that top shelf a notch and put some foam under those monitors, I guarantee your mids will clear up

Chidge - fail.

I took the day off, you're only now catching up to what I've been doing all day, and it's 2 hours earlier here.

Another One Bites The Dust is fun. collection of short riffs. easy to pick up.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/q/q ... t_btab.htm
tab isn't completely accurate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMenB9Ywh2Q

I'd LOVE to read how McCain and Bush are different. every fact you tell me your way I'll post 2 that are my way.

you still haven't made a single on topic point. you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Just watched Obama's acceptance speech...wow!...that was kick ass! I was loving the room echo on certain words... Enough!!....The Future!! The power of words....

All I can say is that he better fucking pull off the change this country so desperately needs. With a Democratic majority in the House, and a tie in the Senate (until Obama & Biden leave, then what?), there will be no excuses for lameness. If he's gonna encapsulate our collective desire for a better world, he damn well better deliver.

He just about had me in tears...I feel deeply cynical about Obama, but I would gladly eat shit every day for the rest of my life if he lives up to his talk.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Tone Deft wrote:McCain is by and large the same as Bush.
You and I have disagreed on McCain before. I will concede that the closer we get to the election, the more correct you are in your statement.

However, I'll say again that this has not always been the case. The McCain of today is not the McCain of 4 years ago and certainly not the same guy he was 8 years ago. He's listened to his hack advisors and suddenly put on his lame Conservative jacket in order to attract the Bible Thumpers. That's a shame. Like it or not, he was a serious Centrist for years; though admittedly with a slight lean towards the conservative.

-He used to be one of the more rational, moderate Republicans. I believe that if he wins the election, he will go back to this position.

-He's reached across the aisle more than just about every other member of Congress - Democrat or Republican.

-He's the only member of Congress who has consistently fought the military industrial complex time and time again - smashing down ENORMOUS spending bills for jets and bombs that we don't need. This achievement cannot be overlooked. It's an important one. Not one congressman or senator has fought these guys more. He's a follower of Eisenhower; who fucking hated the war profiteers with a passion.

-His (former?) policy on immigration (which seems to waver quite a bit) is actually more humane and tolerant than most Dems. Obama, in fact, still has no clear policy on immigration. None. Not one clear set of rules and regulations. The McCain-Kennedy Immigration Reform Bill was a landmark example of two politicians who actually gave a damn about the issue, and it sucked that it was shot down. A Republican working with a Kennedy?? Unheard of....yet, there's McCain. Can you imagine Bush ever reaching out to Kennedy? I think not. The last serious Republican who even tried to work with Ted Kennedy was Richard Nixon; when they tried to team up on Nixon's Comprehensive Health Insurance Act. It was a groundbreaking piece of legislation that echoed Hillary's plan. (Kennedy remarked recently that he should have done more to help push Nixon's plan through.)

-Of the two candidates, he's come out in support of nuclear power the strongest. Make no mistake, this nation is in for a world of hurt unless we re-adopt nuclear power as our main source of energy in this country. Nearly every nation in Europe now runs their homes and industry off around 80% nuclear power. That's an issue that I'm willing to grant the Europeans full props. Obama, unfortunately, is still listening to the anti-Nuke kooks in this country. If it's good enough and safe enough for the French - arguably the Greenest Nation on the planet except for one or two very tiny Scandinavian countries - it's good enough for us.

-Before his recent flip flop, he repeatedly condemned waterboarding and other forms of torture; where most Republicans (and a huge number of Dems) have lacked the moral courage to do so. A large number of Democrats still, in fact, have not come out in condemnation of this act of torture.

And, once again, the most important indication that McCain is NOT Bush? Rush Limbaugh still can't fucking stand him. That's practically an endorsement in and of itself.

There's a whole slew of individual issues that I could get into that point to a man that consistently went against the Republican grain. The party came to hate him. A lot. Basically still does.

This isn't me saying that he's got my vote. He doesn't. I'm just not going to jump on the McCain Is A Raging Bush Clone Asshole bandwagon. Even as he becomes more conservative in his election rhetoric by the hour, his track record speaks for itself. In spite of his flaws, I respect the guy - and that's not something I'm willing to say for most Republicans.

Last edited by landrvr1 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:47 pm

ethios4 wrote:Just watched Obama's acceptance speech...wow!...that was kick ass! I was loving the room echo on certain words... Enough!!....The Future!! The power of words....

All I can say is that he better fucking pull off the change this country so desperately needs. With a Democratic majority in the House, and a tie in the Senate (until Obama & Biden leave, then what?), there will be no excuses for lameness. If he's gonna encapsulate our collective desire for a better world, he damn well better deliver.

He just about had me in tears...I feel deeply cynical about Obama, but I would gladly eat shit every day for the rest of my life if he lives up to his talk.
This is exactly what both parties want. An Emotional vote. Vote with your head.
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Oh.

And McCain isn't a lawyer.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Oh

Campaign Reform. Not one Dem or Repub has pushed for this more. None.

Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act

Otherwise known as McCain-Feingold.

Landmark piece of legislation. Failed.

The Republicans - especially Bush - were fit to kill him for this one.

Last edited by landrvr1 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Tone Deft wrote:Bush doesn't do evil as well as Rove, so he comes off as dumb.
I think this is a highly effective pose on Bush's part. It allows him to get away with a lot things that a "smart" person would be held accountable for. Machiavellian.

For example, in the film 'I.O.U.S.A.', we see President Bush being asked about the national debt (which will pass $9 trillion in 2009), and replying: "Ask the economists. I think I only got a B-minus in economics." Then he gives that little chuckle. "But I got an A-plus in cutting taxes."

What a sham 8O

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Well, for all the bullshit JFK / Obama comparisions (and the fact that Obama has invoked his name almost as many times as Clinton used to during his whole 8 years in office) it's plainly evident that Obama doesn't understand JFK's economic and tax policies at all. Not a whit.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:03 pm

ChiDJ wrote:This is exactly what both parties want. An Emotional vote. Vote with your head.
I doubt I'll be voting at all. My state is going McCain no matter what, so my vote truly doesn't count, except for my own conscience, which prevents me from voting for Obama anyway because I do not believe he represents the change this country needs, no matter how much I want to believe it. I would love to be wrong in this.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:04 pm

ChiDJ is a fail.

Rover - completely selective memory. first you say he's changed then you quote his track record.

Obama has no stance in immigration. FFS man, that's easy enough to rebuke:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/immigration/
you know better than to not do some basic research

finally someone can post some positives about McCain.

I'm not buying that he's not the same as Bush. when you're 72, 4 years ago isn't that long ago. old people don't change, that's human nature. should I backtrack to say he's 90% Bush. is the GOP even making an effort to refute this?

ethios - write in Ron Paul?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:06 pm

ethios4 wrote:
ChiDJ wrote:This is exactly what both parties want. An Emotional vote. Vote with your head.
I doubt I'll be voting at all. My state is going McCain no matter what, so my vote truly doesn't count, except for my own conscience, which prevents me from voting for Obama anyway because I do not believe he represents the change this country needs, no matter how much I want to believe it. I would love to be wrong in this.

I think Obama has won it already anyway. I really don't think the repubs will spin Palin into a VP, let alone
a president a step away from McCains age and melanoma. She needs to be a president to be a VP.

But you will be counted in the popular vote. Participate, be counted and participate in history. Or don't
:wink:

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Tone Deft wrote:ethios - write in Ron Paul?
Haha, yeah I think I will do that actually. I would have to clean my shorts if Obama selected Paul as his Sec. State...it would never happen, but it sure would be a lot cooler if he did.

I'm redirecting my political energies to a more local/state level. We're trying to save a central train station here so that we can have a central inter-modal hub connecting the major areas of the state, and also connecting to other states. The powers that be want to demolish it and put in an interstate highway extension.

I'm also thinking of opening a venue here. A college town of 100,000 that has only 2 venues?!? Lame. The two venues that do exist are not that great either. I figure if I can have a better sound system, and book better acts, without charging more, it would work. Or maybe it will stay a dream...

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:15 pm

knotkranky wrote: Participate, be counted and participate in history. Or don't
I participated by donating time, money, and energy to the Ron Paul campaign, and was part of the largest and most successful fully grassroots presidential campaign in history.