On Palins speech....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:15 pm

b0unce wrote:
ethios4 wrote:The more I think about it, the more I think Palin is really bad news for Obama, and a brilliant political choice. Obama's campaign will have a really hard time attacking her lack of experience, since hers is somewhat comparable to his, and she fits right in with the Republican 'narrative' of anti-elitism. Seems like Obama will really have to frame things in terms of concrete policies, which he has been reluctant to do so far.

Palin represents the non-elite and non-political establishment. Obama's VP pick represents elitism and the entrenched political establishment. The Republicans have incredibly good political strategy....they've just been sitting back letting Obama build his case, while they build the perfect strategy around the corner he is backing himself into. Brilliant.

jesus christ - the running commentary from some of you people is truly depressing. It's like you're trying to anticipate the plot twists on a bad tv show.

you're no better than the hope/change/optimism mongoloids.
it's impressions rather than facts. "she makes me feel good." back to grade school election bullshit.

blech.

nice pwn on j2j.

j2j = fail.

looking forward to his next thread on another topic he's clueless about.

her speech was good, really pissed me off. ;)
of the 2VPs and 2 POTUS candidates hers had the most cheap shots.

Guilianni (sp? who cares), what an asshole, omfg I can't imagine what goes on in his head.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:28 pm

b0unce wrote: It's like you're trying to anticipate the plot twists on a bad tv show.

It is a bad tv show. The handlers for both candidates are listening to the same lobbyists with very subtle differences at best. But hey, I'm sure that bit of easy to prove knowledge is considered unimportant while while people pay attention to high profile drama issues like abortion and gun control which haven't really been that affected by either party for years.
It is possible that Obama gets our troops out of Iraq in less than four years, while with McCain it's not happening at all. That is the only difference I see, but it's a valid one. If I did end up voting for Obama it would be not for "change" but in the hope that we get the hell out of Iraq.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Guilianni (sp? who cares), what an asshole, omfg I can't imagine what goes on in his head.
Mars verse Venus bro.

He has a cock and you don't. :roll:
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:30 pm

I've got the sinking feeling that the show's over for B-Rock.

B's veep choice was like "Huh?"

Mc's choice was like "Oh shit."

The RNC is making the DNC look like glossy utopian hubris. The GOP now has the hot chick factor, the close-up of cute baby factor, and the "We miss the TV series Northern Exposure" factor.

The only factor that B-Rock's veep choice brought was "Oh, that looks like every other veep choice from the last 30 years" factor.

Sorry Neb. We're hosed.
:(

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:33 pm

ChiDJ wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
Mars verse Venus bro.

another one from the j2j school of clueless. no content.

Chidj - I've tried talking politics with you, you can't. see you in the on topic threads. I've lost interest in anything you have to say on the topic.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
b0unce wrote: It's like you're trying to anticipate the plot twists on a bad tv show.

It is a bad tv show. The handlers for both candidates are listening to the same lobbyists with very subtle differences at best. But hey, I'm sure that bit of easy to prove knowledge is considered unimportant while while people pay attention to high profile drama issues like abortion and gun control which haven't really been that affected by either party for years.
It is possible that Obama gets our troops out of Iraq in less than four years, while with McCain it's not happening at all. That is the only difference I see, but it's a valid one. If I did end up voting for Obama it would be not for "change" but in the hope that we get the hell out of Iraq.
I'd prefer if you didn't address me like you were telling me something I don't know, considering, like, you know, I've been peddling this puppet-show shtick for years at this stage.

There's just no way either Obama or McCain are going to derail the U.S.A from it's current course. Certainly not in terms of foreign policy. You'll need radical change for that, so don't fool yourself with the HOPE bullshit, kids.
spreader of butter

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:40 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
ChiDJ wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
Mars verse Venus bro.

another one from the j2j school of clueless. no content.

Chidj - I've tried talking politics with you, you can't. see you in the on topic threads. I've lost interest in anything you have to say on the topic.

Tone,

I understand you perfectly. Read this and get back to me:

[img][img]http://www.annarborvineyard.org/ministr ... c_mars.jpg[/img][/img]
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:40 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:I've got the sinking feeling that the show's over for B-Rock.

B's veep choice was like "Huh?"

Mc's choice was like "Oh shit."

The RNC is making the DNC look like glossy utopian hubris. The GOP now has the hot chick factor, the close-up of cute baby factor, and the "We miss the TV series Northern Exposure" factor.

The only factor that B-Rock's veep choice brought was "Oh, that looks like every other veep choice from the last 30 years" factor.

Sorry Neb. We're hosed.
:(
:P
spreader of butter

circuitslave

Post by circuitslave » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:44 pm

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:45 pm

two words:

BUY GUNS

Republicans don't believe that Democrats can use guns. It will scare the crap out of them.

:lol:
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:47 pm

^
lmfao.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Curious...

Ableton | Elektron

Music

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:58 pm

btw...after 5+ years, what significance is there in the military leaving ?
seriously ? this is another flimsy mechanism I notice some are fixated by...

It's like celebrating thieves leaving the scene of the crime after a successful robbery, and voting for the getaway driver.
Missing the point 101.
spreader of butter

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:08 pm

Palin was talking about how we're going to be victorious in Iraq, how we're going to "win." She's got a heavy dose of clinical denial going on. I'd really like to know how we're going to "win" that war.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:10 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:Palin was talking about how we're going to be victorious in Iraq, how we're going to "win." She's got a heavy dose of clinical denial going on. I'd really like to know how we're going to "win" that war.
I asked the same question

what exactly are we "winning" again?

1000's of people died based on a lie
Ableton | Elektron

Music