On Palins speech....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:43 pm

the more you tea-party wimmens bicker the more I appreciate b0unce's worldview.

Oh, and

BUY GUNS
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:49 pm

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:50 pm

ethios4 wrote:Image

INSTA-BONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:00 pm

When have we ever really cared who the fuck the vice president is? Most of them have been idiots and now it's all important. Everybody is acting like the candidate for president is running directly against the candidate for vice president.

I guess now we'll get the white trash demographic into the polls in support of teenaged mothers.

I'm seriously glad I will be dead within 50 years.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:01 pm

beats me wrote: I'm seriously glad I will be dead within 50 years.
The way you drink, that's pretty optimistic. I give you till 2025, tops.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Seriously, here's the point to 'buy guns'. There are relatively few pieces of the bill of rights that the government is taking very seriously. Arresting reporters, grabbing property, bla bla.

But, you can buy guns all you want. It takes a few days for it to go through, so start soon.

The precept of individual rights is based on the fact that each individual is a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, the prevailing atmosphere is not seeing the individual that way, and so individuals attempting to exercising their rights are getting picked off one by one.

You want those rights: you're gonna need the iron to keep them.

Be as liberal, Barney-the-Dinosaur-optimistic, PLUR and joy as you want to be, but the whole scheme requires that you be a force to be reckoned with. The brave man who stands up in the council and speaks his mind isn't doing that just because the rules say he can, it's because he can kick butt.

When Jesus saw he was just about to get busted, he didn't send out his boys for ice cream, or incense.

He sent them out for the iron.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:08 pm

^ I don't really get what you're saying.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:16 pm

mikemc wrote:Seriously, here's the point to 'buy guns'. There are relatively few pieces of the bill of rights that the government is taking very seriously. Arresting reporters, grabbing property, bla bla.

But, you can buy guns all you want. It takes a few days for it to go through, so start soon.

The precept of individual rights is based on the fact that each individual is a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, the prevailing atmosphere is not seeing the individual that way, and so individuals attempting to exercising their rights are getting picked off one by one.

Be as liberal, Barney-the-Dinosaur-optimistic, PLUR and joy as you want to be, but the whole scheme requires that you be a force to be reckoned with. The brave man who stands up in the council and speaks his mind isn't doing that just because the rules say he can, it's because he can kick butt.

When Jesus saw he was just about to get busted, he didn't send out his boys for ice cream, or incense.

I say buy them because you can right now, but if you think that even 250 million radicals with hand guns, rifles, and the occasional illegal rocket launcher could go against the US military???? Uh, good luck with that. Have fun getting your wife shot ala Ruby Ridge.
Sorry, but protection against attack is the worst excuse for gun ownership. As someone who's family was armed robbed with our gun rack literally 20 feet away from the bed we were hanging out on, I'm pretty aware of that. They're pretty cool if you have to kill somebody, and that other person doesn't have a gun drawn first.
Oh, and they are fun to shoot. :twisted:

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Sorry... don't care much for Palin or the hype...

I'm just counting down till some one digs up the naked pics on her. Its only a matter of time.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:26 pm

she only has a community college education. community college!! North Idaho College, prior to that she was at Hawaii Pacific University for a single semester. she graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism.

community colleges are great, but is it really a setup for being one heartbeat from running the most powerful country in the world?

guns? omfg. :roll:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:27 pm

elxicano wrote: I'm just counting down till some one digs up the naked pics on her. Its only a matter of time.
I'd bet that's the day they get a few more votes.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:28 pm

There's some interesting graphs on the website of the St. Loius Fed. Hmm, so Non-Borrowed Reserves of Depository Institutions (mandated reserves for lending) has been taking an unprecedented $160 billion plunge since Novemeber. I don't know exactly what that means, but nothing even close has happened in the 50 years shown on the graph. Weird.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
mikemc wrote:Seriously, here's the point to 'buy guns'. There are relatively few pieces of the bill of rights that the government is taking very seriously. Arresting reporters, grabbing property, bla bla.

I say buy them because you can right now, but if you think that even 250 million radicals with hand guns, rifles, and the occasional illegal rocket launcher could go against the US military????
What I am most definitely not suggesting is that 'citizen irregulars' can or should "go up against" a military.

What I *am* suggesting is that it is much easier to marginalize, blow off, lie to, belittle, ignore an unarmed person than an armed person.

And I'm saying what you're saying: 'because you can right now' and may not be able to later, and that it will send a very strong message if gun sales start going up.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:34 pm

ethios4 wrote:There's some interesting graphs on the website of the St. Loius Fed. Hmm, so Non-Borrowed Reserves of Depository Institutions (mandated reserves for lending) has been taking an unprecedented $160 billion plunge since Novemeber. I don't know exactly what that means, but nothing even close has happened in the 50 years shown on the graph. Weird.
holy shit, that's 17.89 billion Chinese Yuan in the red!

red...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Tone Deft wrote:community colleges are great, but is it really a setup for being one heartbeat from running the most powerful country in the world?
:roll: What an elitist thing to say!! :P