On Palins speech....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:58 am

factcheck.org has this to say about her speach

Baron von Case

Post by Baron von Case » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:18 am

I guess she offers the McCain campaign a detectable pulse, which it desperately needs. Aside from that.,,

I really am sparing myself most of the details of this election. It's already a massive joke. It's all about whether the mentally handicapped American majority likes women better than blacks, blacks better than POWs, etc. Adding the winner of a '70s Alaskan beauty contest doesn't do any more or less to make this whole thing a fucked-up circus.

I know who I'm voting for, and I'm not getting worked up whether or not the US population will be too idiotic to get past how ludicrous this election is and actually learn the issues.

The world ends in 2014 anyway.

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:32 am

Baron von Case wrote:
The world ends in 2014 anyway.
I though it was 2012??
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:34 am

bullshit.

one of the most interesting elections in a looooong time.

you say you don't like what's going on and you don't know what's going on.

american apathy 101.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Baron von Case

Post by Baron von Case » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:46 am

Elections aren't supposed to be a form of entertainment. Had you processed any of what I'd said, it's not a matter of not knowing the issues. I know and care about the issues (which defeats your supposition that I am apathetic, if your ethnocentric attitude didn't defeat your point to begin with). I said the issues are largely irrelevant in an atmosphere where hillbillies are attempting assassinations on Obama because his name "sounds like that thar Bin Laden" or because he's black, or where Palin's potential danger to this country falls by the wayside because she hunts or was in a beauty contest.

I refuse to carry on an argument with someone who is going to purport to know how informed I am when this is the first I've said anything about the election (and it was misunderstood) because he has some skewed, childish schema of what "all Americans" are like or because he has more posts than I do on a DAW forum.

Or in your language: piss off.

silicon1138

John McCain promises "change is coming"

Post by silicon1138 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:05 am

wow - if i was American, i'd definitely vote for him after hearing that.
Carl Finlow aka - Random Factor / Voice Stealer / Silicon Scally / Il.Ek.Tro / Scarletron...
OSX 10.13, Quad Core Mac Mini, Live 10 Suite.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:21 am

Baron von Case wrote:blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah: blah blah
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Baron von Case

Post by Baron von Case » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:23 am

Should've known that was over your head. What's that about Americans being stupid?

Stick to the music, kid.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:34 am

Tone Deft wrote:Palin clips on youtube are being taken down, like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0UQbA0Z ... re=related

her in a church talking about everything from a natural gas pipeline to the Iraq war being part of god's will.
YES, YES, YES!!! WE NEED ANOTHER BIBLE FANATIC IN OFFICE!!! YES, YES, YES!!!

...crazy right wing nutcase (a non-partisan statement. The bitch is just crazy).

@Forge... I love the way the dems are taking this... She's just a heartbeat away from being in charge. That's some scary shit. No passport till 2007. In recent interview w/CNBC, she said she wouldn't comment on being in running for VP pick until someone told her what exactly a VP does and that it can benefit Alaska.

funknotik

Post by funknotik » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:28 am

The Republican national convention was the funniest shit I have ever seen. It was like a Saturday Night live skit, I couldn't believe that shit was real. Mccain said "I know about war, I know about the world." That was priceless stupidity. Sadly after the whole show is over I came back to reality and realized that these people might actually be in a position of power very soon. Very scary indeed, if Mccain gets elected I'm leaving the country for sure. It will take another 50 years for this country to be on par with other "reformed" countries, places that have real democratic elections, healthcare for everyone, and education for everyone. As long as the leaders keep referring to god and have anything to do with evangelical christians we will continue to be fucked. Or rather you will, because I'm leaving...
Two technics 1210 turntables, alot of guitars, 2gig Sony vgz fz290, 2gig frankenstein pc, mbox, ableton, flstudio, recycle, the infinity gauntlet, and alot of spare time..

silicon1138

Post by silicon1138 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:53 am

RE:Palin clips on youtube are being taken down, like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0UQbA0Z ... re=related

It's funny the 'gods plan for us to go over to Iraq' and 'god's plan to lay this 30 billion dollar pipeline"

our god kicks ASS, way more ass than anyone else's god.
Carl Finlow aka - Random Factor / Voice Stealer / Silicon Scally / Il.Ek.Tro / Scarletron...
OSX 10.13, Quad Core Mac Mini, Live 10 Suite.

Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:15 am

Death and Taxes.
Death and Taxes.

2008:
Choose
Death
Or
Taxes
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:22 am

doc holiday wrote: why has the cost of dog food gone up 50% in the last 6 months?

my $20 bag now cost $30 and this is only starting.
You are down to eating dog food now?? 8O

Things have gotten bad....

How long is a $30 bag lasting you?

ohiowa

Post by ohiowa » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:29 am

the stage is just being set for a Palin vs. Hillary Clinton election a few years down the line.

she's given hope to conservatives the way obama has to anyone who isn't conservative.

now mccain can run against "the liberal media" rather than obama, taking a new angle and lumping obama in with it is the only way they can win.
// u n u r //
moderntapes.com/unur
facebook.com/uunnuurr
anywhere anyone 12"ep
coming soon!

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:31 am

All of this makes me SO glad I don't live in the USA any more.

What a sad, embarrassing circus... :(