Happy Fathers Day

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gjm

Happy Fathers Day

Post by gjm » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:46 pm

Its Fathers Day here in New Zealand.

I offer my heartfelt appreciation to any of you out there who wear this achievement.
Its a road full of big ups and big downs.
It can expose your weakest moments and bring happiness unlike any other attempt.
So where ever you are, regardless of when your honored, Big hugs from me.

Greg.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:52 pm

fuck off.
spreader of butter

NorthernMonkey

Post by NorthernMonkey » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:19 pm

And there we have it, the father and the child.
..?

forge

Post by forge » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:32 am

NorthernMonkey wrote:And there we have it, the father and the child.
:lol:

@gjm - i think it's only here in the antipodes, my life was today enriched by my sons gift of a car air freshener and 4 colour biro

it's funny, they do this thing at school where they offer things for sale so the kids ask you for 10 bucks and come back with about $1.30 worth of stuff.

last year he got me this bag that was wrapped up with a ribbon around it and it had something like the same car air freshener, plus a packet of malteezers and a pair of socks or something

I left them on top of my printer and when I went to get some malteezers the packet had been opened so half of them fell into my printer rendering it useless. I never could get out the last remnants of sticky malty chocloatey goodness out of the paper feeder.

this year I got the pen and the air freshener, not in the ribbon tied bag and with no malteezers so I wonder if this year to avoid a repeat he just decided he wouldn't even bother risking it and confiscated them

gjm

Post by gjm » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:30 am

forge wrote:
@gjm - i think it's only here in the antipodes, my life was today enriched by my sons gift of a car air freshener and 4 colour biro

it's funny, they do this thing at school where they offer things for sale so the kids ask you for 10 bucks and come back with about $1.30 worth of stuff.

last year he got me this bag that was wrapped up with a ribbon around it and it had something like the same car air freshener, plus a packet of malteezers and a pair of socks or something

I left them on top of my printer and when I went to get some malteezers the packet had been opened so half of them fell into my printer rendering it useless. I never could get out the last remnants of sticky malty chocloatey goodness out of the paper feeder.

this year I got the pen and the air freshener, not in the ribbon tied bag and with no malteezers so I wonder if this year to avoid a repeat he just decided he wouldn't even bother risking it and confiscated them
Beudy mate!! 8)

My wife decided to mow the lawn for me today... he he. I played football with the kids and then had all three of them using session view and some .wav samples jamming away. It really was some simple pleasures, time invested, lots of laughs. (Then I had to buy six pairs of shoes, Chuck Taylors on special for $9.95. )

Happy Fathers Day Forge :wink:

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:14 am

Happy Fathers day you Fathers!

Went out for lunch with my folks today. My dad (77) says "So I think for a Fathers Day present, I'm going to get Broadband". :) :) Oh ho ho! Flurry of descriptions of TED talks... watched the Benjamin Zander one on my lappie... tuned their telly and set the clock on the VCR...again... :D :D My Dad is pretty sprightly for 77 and only just starting to slow down. They got their 50th anniversary coming up in a couple of months.

forge

Post by forge » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:18 am

Pitch Black wrote:Happy Fathers day you Fathers!

Went out for lunch with my folks today. My dad (77) says "So I think for a Fathers Day present, I'm going to get Broadband". :) :) Oh ho ho! Flurry of descriptions of TED talks... watched the Benjamin Zander one on my lappie... tuned their telly and set the clock on the VCR...again... :D :D My Dad is pretty sprightly for 77 and only just starting to slow down. They got their 50th anniversary coming up in a couple of months.
ah! but would you let him run for president? :wink:

Deft

Post by Deft » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:50 am

I remember getting my dad a tub of Swarfega when I was about 10. He used to use it all the time, so my logic was that he would definitely want some more.

forge

Re: .......

Post by forge » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:22 am

Deft wrote:I remember getting my dad a tub of Swarfega when I was about 10. He used to use it all the time, so my logic was that he would definitely want some more.
:lol: that's probably very sound logic, blokes tend to be more practical like that

it's mothers day where that kind of behaviour could land you in all kinds of trouble

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:44 am

jesus wept
spreader of butter

forge

Post by forge » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:55 am

[bounce the hard bastard decides to show the world he's hard]
[bounce turns on computer]
[bounce checks his email]
[bounce click the threads that have received replies since last visit]
[bounce clicks on the fathers day thread]
[bounce types reply to fathers day thread]
[bounce shows all those wankers out there how hard he is]

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:59 am

My Dad can beat up Bounce's Dad

forge

Post by forge » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:01 pm

:lol:

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:05 pm

moi, a hard bastard ?
don't kid yourself forge - it's you who's the soft-cunt.

a non-stop barrage of family anecdotes on a music forum is fucking weak.... and seeing as it's the same middle-aged twats all the time it doesn't seem unreasonable that you'd take your hormonally challenged chit-chats to a private nook in the vast unquantifiable space that is the interweb.

how's about lonely-fathers.com for a start.
spreader of butter

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Bounce, of course you're right. I'll never contribute to another OT thread. Ever.

I won't if you won't. waddaya say?