Salvia

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spkey

Post by spkey » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:27 am

It seems drugs have evolved. I have no fucking idea what you guys are talking about...

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:37 am

can be like a bomb going off and your just left there jiddering away hoping for a happy place

Low Frequency Obstinator

Post by Low Frequency Obstinator » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:03 am

If your a head strong, confident, popular person with loads of friends, a big dick etc... then mind altering drugs should not be a problem for you.

If, however your withdrawn, shy, awkward, got picked on at school, can get laid etc.. then stay well clear of and lucy's.

Think of them as personality amplifiers and imagine your own personality turned up to eleven. If that pleases you then go for it.

I'm 41 and can count many old freinds that are either dead or living dead from using drugs they should have stayed away from.

Years ago only very small percentage of people got 'turned on' to drugs; These days everyone wants to be Cheech and Chong when they should prolly just stick to beer and pizza.

That being said, the trips I've had, good or bad have made me a better person on the whole. Just be aware that your mind is a usefull tool that can be broken easily and you will miss it when its gone.
Live (yoghurt) - MBP- Circuit Bent Rampant Rabbit - Mongolian Nose Flute - 'The Marvelous Mechanical Mouse Organ' (on loan from Bagpuss) and a Swanee Whistle made from a used heroin syringe.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:06 am

I don't like it ... kindof a 'dark' high... not funny or enlightning at all...

Macrostructure

Post by Macrostructure » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:48 am

I have been using psychedelics in one form or another for about 22 years at varying levels. Incidentally I have no trouble holding down a serious job and function successfully as a productive member of society. I have quite a bit of experience with Salvia.

I found it really interesting, took me back to places and things from my childhood I had forgotten, it was all good, very poignant and made a big impression on me, reminded me how much I am the sum of all my experiences and how there's a little Microstructure in short trousers inside todays Macrostructure :D

You need to take it really hot, it's not an easy smoke. I burned a hole in the carpet once by dropping the pipe as I 'took off'.

Then one time I saw a dinosour in the yard with a baby dinosour and nearly walked out of the window to take a closer look. That had never happened to me before - getting mobile and fucking up. I've been mobile while fucked up lots of times but this was different. If I had gone through the window it would have been hard to hold down a job/be productive, what with no legs and all, and that lesson was not wasted on me.

The moral of the story - have a sitter.

It was interesting, but DMT is the only substance that currently is of interest to me and that tells a story too. Other dimensions, apparently inhabited by sentient beings. Now that's a trip!

craw

Post by craw » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:21 am

10x extract is very, very, very wierd ... worth trying a single time, but would definitely not repeat it ... extremely wierd shit, and very difficult to describe ... apparently the indian shamans from mexico, were this plant grows natively, would only ever use it if it was absolutely necessary, ie., someone in the village was really sick, and the shaman had to speak with the spirits, but there were no more shrooms left ... that says it all
craw

forge

Post by forge » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:01 am

craw wrote:10x extract is very, very, very wierd ... worth trying a single time, but would definitely not repeat it ... extremely wierd shit, and very difficult to describe ... apparently the indian shamans from mexico, were this plant grows natively, would only ever use it if it was absolutely necessary, ie., someone in the village was really sick, and the shaman had to speak with the spirits, but there were no more shrooms left ... that says it all
interesting!

I remember in one of the Castaneda books they said about different people having different medicine and some just work for some people and not others - and they also spoke about the different ones being Gods - mescaline being Mescalito and how if you aren't compatible with one they just say "he doesn't like you!'

Salvia told me to fuck right off, other people really get on with it.

each to their own.

Amanita

Post by Amanita » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:33 am

forge wrote:
craw wrote:10x extract is very, very, very wierd ... worth trying a single time, but would definitely not repeat it ... extremely wierd shit, and very difficult to describe ... apparently the indian shamans from mexico, were this plant grows natively, would only ever use it if it was absolutely necessary, ie., someone in the village was really sick, and the shaman had to speak with the spirits, but there were no more shrooms left ... that says it all
interesting!

I remember in one of the Castaneda books they said about different people having different medicine and some just work for some people and not others - and they also spoke about the different ones being Gods - mescaline being Mescalito and how if you aren't compatible with one they just say "he doesn't like you!'

each to their own.

Ah yeah Jimson Weed and the 'Little Smoke', peyote buttons - i remember reading those books. Casteneda must have got himself really fucked up - wonder what happened to him - he was supposed to have disapeared. I was always a bit skeptical on the motivation to write the later books. The first is superb though.

A

forge

Post by forge » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Amanita wrote:
forge wrote:
interesting!

each to their own.

Ah yeah Jimson Weed and the 'Little Smoke', peyote buttons - i remember reading those books. Casteneda must have got himself really fucked up - wonder what happened to him - he was supposed to have disapeared. I was always a bit skeptical on the motivation to write the later books. The first is superb though.

A

depends what you believe I guess - he did say in one of his later books that erasing personal history and creating deceptions about it were part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Castaneda

Stigmama

Post by Stigmama » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:14 pm

I`ve never tried it, my friends have said they would rather have a arm amputated than do it again. These cats are pretty experienced with psychedelics, so i`ll take that with a grain of salt.

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:51 pm

I dont like it...
Ive read somewhere that salvia is the most potent psychedelic and that everyone is going to trip with it. I remember very little. I smoked it through a pipe in a public park and came back to myself like 5 minutes later and 200 meters away from where we smoked it.
I had a bad headache afterwards.

This is not cool at all,

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:54 pm

naturemorte wrote:also, it's important to have a sitter as it is possible to injure yourself if you do it alone.
yes, excellent advice, especially if you are doing 10x or more. My friends that had bad experiences on 20x were all very experienced voyagers, I've never ever seen then lose their shit on anything ever. One tried to jump off his balcony because he was being chased by two huge wheels that were grinding the universe up....he had no idea he was even on his balcony. Another friend ended up running blindly through the house and cowering in his closet, until I reminded him he had just had salvia....that brought him back instantly...but he could have easily hurt hmself running into something like that.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Never tried it - always enjoyed mushrooms, but the older i get the less tolereant ive become to drugs - usually just send me paranoid and racing thorughts so doing somethuing like salvia although it soundsinteresting kind of scares me...

just found this when googling salvia experiences 8O :lol:

bout a year ago I tried a hit of Salvia 20x. I had never done any hulucinating drugs before. I went to another world where everything was black and I was a 2 dimensional red line. There were other red lines telling me what to do and I had to follow their orders or I would fall into the dark pit and die. I felt like my life had always been in a world of red lines where I took orders and this was my horrible fate.

Then I went to another world where my mom, me, and my other 4 siblings were all merged together into one 2 dimensional body. This was my reality then and it was so scary and weird. I was a arm on a flattened out body and couldn't even move anywhere on my own. This was my life and I was so shocked by it. I kept hearing my moms voice asking me to move body parts but I could only move one arm and felt detached from the rest of this body. My sibings were other body parts and we were all trapped this way stuck together as part of a body. It was terrifying.

Then suddenly I noticed I was laying on the bed in the room where I had first taken the salvia and realized I had taken it. I asked my husband who was standing over me "is that what this is" referring to the salvia and he said yes. All I could say was "OH MY GOD!!" over and over again. I was scared to death and my body felt very heavy and like it was 2 dimensional and part of the bed. I felt so heavy and like grains of sand were going through my body. I thought i was going to be like that forever. I Just kept asking if my life was real and if I would ever be normal again. I felt tricked into taking this and was blaming my husband in my mind for offering me this salvia and me being ruined forever. Only 5 minutes had passed but it seemed like it had been an eternity. After 10 minutes the effects were wore off enough where I was in the afterglow but I still felt so wierd and scared to death. I still didn't know if my life was real but hoped it was.

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:33 pm

Tried one time, thought I was an alien comin´out from my melted skin. Limbic system gone away, couldnt stand on my feet.

very quick trip though, 3 minutes later I was kinda dizzy, but fine.

strongest trip I´ve ever been into, including ahyuasca ans LSD 25.

guess it is fun, but as with the higher drugs I wouldnt recommend on a daily - or monthly - basis
http://soundcloud.com/coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:53 pm

jeskola wrote:I thought i was going to be like that forever. I Just kept asking if my life was real and if I would ever be normal again. I felt tricked into taking this and was blaming my husband in my mind for offering me this salvia and me being ruined forever. Only 5 minutes had passed but it seemed like it had been an eternity. After 10 minutes the effects were wore off enough where I was in the afterglow but I still felt so wierd and scared to death. I still didn't know if my life was real but hoped it was.
That's what it was like for me - I felt like I would never be the same again because I had seen the true horror of the universe and felt like my friend tricked me into seeing this horrible truth

the really interesting thing here is seeing everyone's journeys are so different, but this kind of profound intensity is common