What gear does Amy Winehouse use?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:51 pm

ChiDJ wrote:While the rest of you sit behind your screen fingering yourselves, I would give my left nut to record a singer of her caliber.

I wouldn't care if she had a hemicorporectomy and 1 eye. That voice is priceless.

Come to Priaprism Amy! I will always admire you!
admire this you jagoff:

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:52 pm

8O

blakbeltjonez

Post by blakbeltjonez » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:42 pm

weeddigger wrote:Chi DJ, you're right man, the music industry is filled with hot bitches that can't sing, but... Amy really is just ugly as all hell... I don't care what the fuck she sounds like...

Where's He-Man when you need him to save the day?!?

she was cute way back when, but now she's just a tore up superskank trainwreck. she is famous as a public figure for being megafucked up - her singing talent is a mere sideshow to her physical appearance.

the problem is not with no one appreciating her singing. the problem is she has allowed herself to become completely devastated by drugs in a very public way. she looks like a bad hair day Cher 30 years into the future. it's a shame.

ChiDJ, careful what you ask for - she would be a handful, just keeping her sober enough to be functional looks like a full time job for somebody. i'll bet you couldn't keep her in front of a mic for 15 minutes. no thanks. doesn't matter how much talent you have, if getting FUBAR is your number one priority it doesn't make for a fun experience in the studio. i'd nail the doors shut if i saw that bitch walking up.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:51 pm

The weirdest thing is : she looks exactly like the old whore that used to work by my old offices. She was extremely extremely frightening.
Any of the whores around that area were pretty bad skag-heads that were selling their wares for under ten quid, but that particular woman was the worst of all of them, she was available for about a quid.

I know this because she screamed it at any passing car as she hoisted her skirt over her head and demonstrated graphically what was on offer.
Always a pleasant treat when in the car with a client, stuck at the traffic lights, with a sack of junkie bones manically thrashing her cooch up against the car window. Classy stuff.

I'm sure she sang like an angel though and therefore is beyond reproach.
Last edited by Angstrom on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blakbeltjonez

Post by blakbeltjonez » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:52 pm

Angstrom wrote:The weirdest thing is : she looks exactly like the old whore that used to work by my old offices. She was extremely extremely frightening.
Any of the whores around that area were pretty bad skag-heads that were selling their wares for under ten quid, but that particular woman was the worst of all of them, she was available for about a quid.

I know this because she screamed it at any passing car as she hoisted her skirt over her head and demonstrated graphically what was on offer. Always great as we took clients too-and-from the train station. Stuck at the lights will a sack of junkie bones manically thrashes her cooch up against the car window. Classy stuff.

I'm sure she sang like an angel though and therefore it beyond reproach.

wow....thanks for the visual - i'm gonna go put a gun in my mouth now.... 8O

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:55 pm

blakbeltjonez wrote:
Angstrom wrote:The weirdest thing is : she looks exactly like the old whore that used to work by my old offices. She was extremely extremely frightening.

I know this because she screamed it at any passing car as she hoisted her skirt over her head and demonstrated graphically what was on offer. Always great as we took clients too-and-from the train station. Stuck at the lights will a sack of junkie bones manically thrashes her cooch up against the car window. Classy stuff.

I'm sure she sang like an angel though and therefore it beyond reproach.

wow....thanks for the visual - i'm gonna go put a gun in my mouth now.... 8O
to go along with the visual, can we imagine the aroma that accompanied this scenario?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:01 pm

I never wound the window down to find out, I'm imagining a combo of piss and stolen Lidl own-brand perfume.

When the local lads would offer to wash my car I would pay them an extra quid if they would lick the passenger side window.

a guy's gotta get his entertainment somewhere.

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:10 pm

what do you reckon amys box smells like?

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:28 pm

Listen you myopic morons.

The bird is on her way out. Janis Joplin style. Do you have any idea what her last recording would be worth?

Fuckin' Dems! All surface and no substance. Thank God for us entrepeneurial artists!

Without us, you'd have no stars to hate!

Lame! Pwned! Pfft!

How do blind people know when they've finished wiping?

Think about ! Fuks!!!
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

silicon1138

Post by silicon1138 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:47 pm

TITBAG wrote:what do you reckon amys box smells like?
80 Regal King Size
Carl Finlow aka - Random Factor / Voice Stealer / Silicon Scally / Il.Ek.Tro / Scarletron...
OSX 10.13, Quad Core Mac Mini, Live 10 Suite.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:50 pm

ChiDJ wrote:
Fuckin' Dems!
what is a 'Dem'

:?

acroberts

Post by acroberts » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:52 pm

From the looks of the before and after pics, it looks like she's been working with M-Audio products as of late...

</ducks>

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:56 pm

TITBAG wrote:what do you reckon amys box smells like?
:cry:

memes_33

Post by memes_33 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:03 pm

gear used- cocaine, baking soda, glass pipe, torch. new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaW-uj0Ta14
Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Glitch, IDM, Dub, & Mashups! Go to:
http://memes.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/memes_33

blakbeltjonez

Post by blakbeltjonez » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:58 pm

ChiDJ wrote:Listen you myopic morons.

The bird is on her way out. Janis Joplin style. Do you have any idea what her last recording would be worth?

Fuckin' Dems! All surface and no substance. Thank God for us entrepeneurial artists!

Without us, you'd have no stars to hate!

Lame! Pwned! Pfft!

you would be pwned if you tried to record this. maybe it's me, but i don't think it's a good look for an "entrepreneurial artist" to dream of trying to make a buck off a crackhead. something from that picture tells me that her best work is behind her, and you might not get the best take... maybe it's the cigarette butt about to burn the fuck out of her lip, junkie style..

her last recording wouldn't be worth much. she's not half the legend you think she is - she is a celebrity by virtue of her very public drug problems. i hope that someday you get to record a song for her, or a crackhead like her. report back when you do.