The creepiest movie ever?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Patch

Post by Patch » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:50 am

+1 on Pan's Labryinth. Some seriously creepy sh!t going on there. ::shudder::

stonee

Post by stonee » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:20 pm

weeddigger wrote:
stonee wrote:http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/933928/

my freind is a conceptual artist, and is fucked in the head. but this... this left him speechless.....
This was one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen!!!

Where the hell was this the last time I did shrooms?

Fuck... I almost feel like I'm tripping now...
I would highly disrecomend the use of psychadelic substances for this. I watched it high, and it was intense enough for me.

jamos

Post by jamos » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Pitch Black wrote:The Descent

Emissary did the sfx, y'know!
one of the only horrors of recent times that is actually shit scary.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:48 pm

Watch this one

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8427111488

Is a bit slow to get going, but once the bomb drops :cry: :cry:

Noel

Post by Noel » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:49 pm

jeskola wrote:Watch this one

Leaders of all nuclear powers should be made to watch that every night before they go to sleep
Noel has left the building!

soundtechdan

Post by soundtechdan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:43 pm

Hard candy, really intense stuff. Everyman i the world will feel that movie.

Alien, I thought it was more a horror film than sci fi

House of 1000 corspes is fubar and watch Devil rejects too, is a really good second film its better than the first.

diverdee

Post by diverdee » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Another 2 that are creepy in a different kind of way.
Gangster no.1 - didn't rate all of this film, but there's one scene were a bloke strips down to his underwear & goes to work torturing another bloke with a toolbox full of implements & it's filmed from the victims perspective - that particular scene stuck with me.

Dead man's shoes, especially a scene where there's a house full of blokes who have been drugged by the bloke who is after revenge against them - bloody good film, with an interesting twist, excellent direction & top understated acting.
This is another one that's kinda scary through the realisation that this could feasibly happen.

+1 on The Descent actually being a scary, brutal & unremittingly dark film.
I've heard that there is a descent 2 in the offing - looking forward to that.

Also +1 on Hard Candy.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:07 pm

abletoff wrote:
oblique strategies wrote: Let the Argento Fulchi war begin! :twisted:
As much as I like Argento (till "Tenebrae", then it's utter crap), they were different beasts. Argento took a lot from italian giallos previous efforts (the murderer first view comes straight from "Perché quelle strane gocce di sangue sul corpo di Jennifer") and then developed an onirical vision that blooms in Deep Red (the murderer's objects on the table, the puppet sequence, absolute shivers). Fulci had a more social oriented hand, he had even shot comedies before committing to giallos and horror. If you know a bit about italy and its history and conflicts, "Don't torture a duckling" it's a movie that can strike some chords.
I appreciate this info, there is still much Italian cinema for me to see. I have not having seen a lot of Argento's later works, & have not seen a lot of the lesser known directors. If you have any more giallo recommendations I's like to hear them.

Being a horror fan, I focussed more on the out & out horror films of Argento, Bava, & Margheriti. Being a cinema fan, I tended to ignore a lot of the gore fests because they didn't seem to have a lot to offer aside from poorly filmed gore! Example: Fulci's 'Zombi 2', which I just watched again, is pretty bankrupt (eyeball scene is the exception here). I do recall liking Fulci's 'The Beyond' ('E tu vivrai nel terrore - L'aldilà') though.

That said, I do agree with you, Fuci was working in a different sub-genre to the directors I mention above.

I do like Argento's 'Phenomena', which is his next film following 'Tenebre'. I'd offer that you might want to give it a second look, it's pretty interesting (yes it has it's goofy bits, but it's still worthwhile). Just make sure you get the un-edited version.

For relatively modern Italian horror I really liked Soavi's 'Cemetery Man' ('Dellamorte Dellamore') on second viewing (first time around I wasn't that impressed. Funny how that works sometimes)

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:19 pm

paradiddle wrote:A bit offtopic but I'm presently watching "plan 9 from outer space". I know Bela lugosi died in that movie and they used a stand-in but at the 30min mark, he seems to be drunk in that scene.

Man that movie is hilarious. There's some many errors, bad acting, obvious goofs and crappy sets like the plane cockpit. When the flying saucers are going by and people throw themselves on the floor. :lol:
Wonderful movie! There are some unique results that can only be achieved by accident & incompetence!

If you really want your mind blown, check out director Ed Wood's first film 'Glen or Glenda', starring Bela Lugosi & Ed Wood himself.

I showed it to a friend of mine once, & he had a very interesting reaction. This guy had grown up friends with Francis Ford Copolla's family, & his father is a major league film editor; in fact, this friend became a Hollywood film editor as well. After watching 'Glen or Glenda' he sat in stunned silence, then said 'I'm going to have to re-think my entire philosophy about film now." And he was serious!

:lol:

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Oh yay, can't wait to watch this. I grew up reading books on the aftermath of nuclear war, always thinking it was right around the corner....I still have nuclear war dreams every few weeks. This will be fun. :?

stonee

Post by stonee » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:05 pm

soundtechdan wrote:Hard candy, really intense stuff. Everyman i the world will feel that movie.

Alien, I thought it was more a horror film than sci fi

House of 1000 corspes is fubar and watch Devil rejects too, is a really good second film its better than the first.
hard candy definatly messed my head up.

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:06 pm

No shit! I'm working on a short movie using short news clips and stills about war, natural resource waste, poverty and people who use power for personal gain. No talking though just image and sound. Anything like theses videos are definitely the creepiest movies ever made.

ethios4 wrote:

Oh yay, can't wait to watch this. I grew up reading books on the aftermath of nuclear war, always thinking it was right around the corner....I still have nuclear war dreams every few weeks. This will be fun. :?

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:59 pm

paradiddle wrote:No shit! I'm working on a short movie using short news clips and stills about war, natural resource waste, poverty and people who use power for personal gain. No talking though just image and sound. Anything like theses videos are definitely the creepiest movies ever made.
Yep, to get the real creeps just check out what's going on in the world... We're living in a sci-fi/horror nightmare! Check out some documentaries. Be afraid, be very afraid.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:45 pm

oblique strategies wrote:
paradiddle wrote:Never seen the haunting but it's funny this is being mentioned has I was reading about it on IMDB today. There seems to be a recent version but I bet the old one is better.

The recent remake is an absolute travesty! Utterly stupid. Hollywood at its worst. Avoid at all costs, unless you want a rather lame laugh.

The original is rightly considered a masterpiece of the horror genre.
Sometimes I think I'm a fan of epic movie sets or moments that are creepy when the overall telling of the story is cheesy. I like some moments and the set in the remake of The Huanting.

For the same reasons I enjoyed 13 Ghosts, also a remake and I never saw the orginal.

And 3rd on my list of those "moments" was Silent Hill, never played the game. I know some people hated that movie but it had some really good moments.

As a final contrast to everybody else on here. I fell asleep TWICE during The Descent. I'm just not scared by chicks in a dark cave with monsters. Yawn.

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:16 am

"No Country for Old Men"

Not sure if this was mentioned but after watching this it made me think twice about helping someone for awhile... Voted for best haircut ever...

No Country for Old Men (2007) More at IMDb Pro »
advertisement

In rural Texas, welder and hunter Llewelyn Moss discovers the remains of several drug runners who have all killed each other in an exchange gone violently wrong. Rather than report the discovery to the police, Moss decides to simply take the two million dollars present for himself. This puts the psychopathic killer, Anton Chigurh, on his trail as he dispassionately murders nearly every rival, bystander and even employer in his pursuit of his quarry and the money. As Moss desperately attempts to keep one step ahead, the blood from this hunt begins to flow behind him with relentlessly growing intensity as Chigurh closes in. Meanwhile, the laconic Sherrif Ed Tom Bell blithely oversees the investigation even as he struggles to face the sheer enormity of the crimes he is attempting to thwart. Written by Kenneth Chisholm (kchishol@rogers.com)

After stumbling across a case of money among dead bodies, Llewelyn Moss thinks he can keep it quiet, but when silent killer Anton Chigurh locates Moss and his money, Vietnam veteran Moss makes a run for it. With bodies falling everywhere Anton goes, it's only a matter of time before he catches up with Llewelyn. Whilst all this is going on, Sheriff Ed Tom Bell is overseeing the investigation and begins to see the country in a different light than it once was. Written by FilmFanUk
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/