Anyone running the 500 GB Samsung Spin Point M in MBP?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:29 am

rahlo wrote:I just ordered it and will be taking the plunge tomorrow evening. Just got the new MBP 2.6, and am mos def looking forward to the additional space!!
Nice man! u must be amped about ur new MBP. is this us first? wut where u using before this?

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:53 am

I've always used macs, and what I had before this was a macbook (along with a mac pro tower that I just sold!).

Yeah, this thing is NICE, and I just caught a local deal where I was able to get 4 gb of ram from crucial for about $30 US (after rebates).

I'll report back here after the deed is done! :)
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:09 am

O nice. Alright, good luck. Make sure to be carefull taking the keybourd off. get one of those plastic spunger things or w/e they call them. and be carefull with static and all that stuff. get a static wrist band. sorry if u kno all this stuff its just stuff i read on the internet of people who did this. and make sure to have the proper tools so u dont strip the screws and remeber where all the screws go. someone said to lay out a peice of paper and tape each screw to the paper where it is in the MBP. not a bad idea. :D