ok folks tip me on this shit

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
funk313

ok folks tip me on this shit

Post by funk313 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:29 pm

Ableton is drifting....and im FREAKIN SICK AND TIRED OF IT!! Dont get me wrong I absolutely love this prg..but how the FAK am i going to use this in a live situation??
I mean Live was made for doing stuff live right? ARRG!!! so i did a little bassline on my hardware Pro-One (yeah there is actually some of us that still uses HARDWARE SYNTHs!!)... alongside a drumrack track, took some pix and uploaded the track..

Oh yeah and btw im gonna SPAM every thread i can find about this problem..F the economic crisis, F global warming, F rising food prices, F Iraq and F everything else..the F-ing UN have to step up now and solve this WORLD crisis or ableton at least!!

Heres my setup:

MacBook Pro running Leopard
Ableton Live 7.0.10
Tc Konnekt Live Interfacae
In this case its hooked up to my Kenton Pro Solo controlling a Sequential Pro-one
hardware synth

LISTEN: ARRG!!just scroll the damn track..

http://listic.dk/p.hilla/Ableton%20is%2 ... hafuka.mp3

SETTINGS:

FIRST COUPLE OF BARS:

LAST COUPLE OF BARS: WHAT A BIAITCH!

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Hmmm, listened to your mp3 - doesn't sound good! So far no drifting problems with L7.0.10 and my external synth - I just tried same track delay setting as yours for 5 minutes and no drift. Just to find out the cause of your drift, have you tried earlier versions of Live e.g. 7.0.2 or 6.0.10? Or another DAW? Or another synth? Can you do a screen shot of your Preferences -> Midi Sync tab?

electropoet

Post by electropoet » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:37 pm

do you have delay compensation checked? that should help.

jok

Post by jok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:27 am

Hi Funk,

just a couple of tips for your (as you posted this thread into Tips&Tricks):

- Tip 1: hijacking /spamming other threads is childish and certainly the BEST thing you can do to avoid getting help from anyone.

- Tip 2: your Driver Error Compensation/Track Delay settings are quite odd. Please check Live´s integrated "Driver Error Compensation" lesson to find the right setting for your system. Note that the Driver Error Compensation is only relevant in a Direct Monitoring Scenario. Please also adjust your Track Delay to a realistic setting.

- Tip 3: try using an External Instrument. Do you still experience drifting?
- Tip 4: check the settings of your Kenton Pro Solo, the problem is not a known one in Live, so your Midi to CV converter might as well be the culprit here

- Tip 5: if nothing helps, please contact support@ableton.com

Best,

Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

EgAD

Post by EgAD » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:30 am

Jok could you please fix the ableton /mpc sync problem :?:

oops i think i may have hi-jacked a thread, sorry.

this is a known issue