Biosphere <---> Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Maddox

Biosphere <---> Live

Post by Maddox » Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:39 pm

Hey Everbody.

I was fortunate to see/hear Biosphere perform at the Paradiso last week in Amsterdam. I was able to get a birds eye view of Geir working his magic on his Powerbook, but I couldn't tell exactly what software he was using. It looked like it could have been an early version of Live.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks.

Best.....

whatkindasoftwareuuse?

Post by whatkindasoftwareuuse? » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:37 am

I would recommend listening to music instead of looking at the gear. when are the electronic music lovers going to stop being gearheads and think about the music only? Oh yes, also only be listeners instead of makers/listeners. what is the feeling like? You hear something cool, you want to make the same? you want to just throw yourself on stage without any preconceptions of why it is that you make music? or listen to music?
I do like Biosphere's music. I guess you do too. But, why do not you leave it at that? sorry, if I pissed you off but, too many questions of what kinda software u use? And we are on a software forum huh? maybe I should go. bye.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:58 pm

It only seems natural that if you create music that you would be curious about what techniques/tools other people use.

JV

joshcarter

Post by joshcarter » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:17 pm

whatkindasoftwareuuse? wrote:I would recommend listening to music instead of looking at the gear. when are the electronic music lovers going to stop being gearheads and think about the music only?
Never. Electronic music lovers (and especially makers) are into gear, plain and simple. So are acoustic music lovers. I saw Dave Beagle do a super-awesome acoustic guitar performance, and I went up to him after the show with a couple pals that play guitar. First thing my guitar pals ask him about: the guitar he was playing. And Dave totally loved talking about his prized guitar. That's just the way it is.

-Josh

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:13 pm

trust me, i'll gladly stop being a gearhead the minute i can do this shit without gear. so goddamn expensive.

k

Return of Maddox

Nanotechnology

Post by Return of Maddox » Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:41 pm

I've found many people from Seattle to be Right On. I'm waiting to see who will be the first to incorporate NanoTechnology into the whole arena of music making. But, let's not hold our collective breath's.

Let me also say, with regard to the original post that I made here, I was hoping for a definitive answer to that question. The initial reaction, although not surprising, is unfortunately something that we deal with on this level.

As for The Actual Answer to that original question concerning Biospherical Improvisations...I might now know the answer...me, and those two dudes from Singapore...and we're not tellin'. Because it's all just too damn offensive.

:wink:

neuronaut

Re: Nanotechnology

Post by neuronaut » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:15 pm

Return of Maddox wrote:I've found many people from Seattle to be Right On. I'm waiting to see who will be the first to incorporate NanoTechnology into the whole arena of music making. But, let's not hold our collective breath's.

Let me also say, with regard to the original post that I made here, I was hoping for a definitive answer to that question. The initial reaction, although not surprising, is unfortunately something that we deal with on this level.

As for The Actual Answer to that original question concerning Biospherical Improvisations...I might now know the answer...me, and those two dudes from Singapore...and we're not tellin'. Because it's all just too damn offensive.

:wink:
I wanna know!

BTW: Nanotech sounds like fun... perhaps a swarm of nanites could alter the physical characteristics of the room. Using carbon molecules to build sound sources... I'm waiting for my nanite kit....
The world is sound.

bigbass

Post by bigbass » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:32 pm

strange topic in here...

as i'm one of the 'old style' bass players, and i'm into computers since c64, my thoughts to this discussion:

1st) sound comes from your fingers & your ears [if you play a real instrument]
2nd) sound comes from your imagination [putting sounds 2gether on a computer]
3rd) ok, your equipment rules if 2nd...

after all, if you like to go into tecspec discussion, go for it, if not, don't go for it, my idea:

...improve your music & your sound, which ever way you choose to do so...

:)

[xcuse my english]

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:51 pm

When I perform live I always get people doing the gearhead thing..."what are you using?" I don't ever mind discussing what I'm doing and what I'm using to do it. BUT, the worst is when some idiot asks "how much did all this gear cost?" or "is this stuff expensive?" - that annoys the hell out of me. I usually get questions like that from sketchy people at raves, which makes me wonder if they want to know how much they could sell it for it they tried to steal it from me.